2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not even mad. again this is pure entertainment not real life for me lol adn recruiting overall is a hype machine. half the kids we signed could absolutely suck. ****, id bet a third or so will just based on the averages overall of recruiting. cormani may not be amazing in college or could be the next surtain. none of us know till we see him. id just rather take my chances with him vs someone else.

id just say lets cool it on the he needs mom to be out of his lfie comments bc of college recruiting. i think thats where poeple jump the shark. id troll all of you guys if i were recruit just based on how grown *** men get in their feelings off in the moment decisions of a high school teenager.
I hear you and you are 100 that we as a whole need to cool a bit on this recruitment. It’s polarizing and unhealthy.

But you keep defending this kid’s bull****tery and you keep bashing us fans for our frustrations.

There’s not one fan base who wouldn’t be frustrated in this predicament. He wants to drag this out for Prime’s 90 Day Fiancé expose - fine, but expect the backlash that comes with it.

Advertisement
He may end up being a really good player but with everything that's gone on I don't think it's in the best interest of anyone to have him on this team.

The loss isn't Cormani, it's the thinking that you could have had a really great corner and now you don't.

I hear you and you are 100 that we as a whole need to cool a bit on this recruitment. It’s polarizing and unhealthy.

But you keep defending this kid’s bull****tery and you keep bashing us fans for our frustrations.

There’s not one fan base who wouldn’t be frustrated in this predicament. He wants to drag this out for Prime’s 90 Day Fiancé expose - fine, but expect the backlash that comes with it.
look i agree on how this is playing out being annoying. if you go back, i said when he didnt sign that he has 4 OVs left and hes unsigned elite recruit. he will be taking visits and nothing we can do about it bc he and any recruit should take all 5 imo. theyre free and paid for. experience it. cribby told us all that his person said nothing is happening on the 15th and people kept saying something will happne. we knew he wouldnt be signing anything official sunday and it would drag out till NSD. ill trust the insiders in that no one really knows **** w his recruitment. i expect him to take more visits. hes unsigned and hes courted by everyone. honestly, everyone liked the no interview thing pre AA game until he went to UC for a visit. i criticize mario for a lot but one thing i dont is recruiting. i trust him to get it done.

Advertisement
He may end up being a really good player but with everything that's gone on I don't think it's in the best interest of anyone to have him on this team.

The loss isn't Cormani, it's the thinking that you could have had a really great corner and now you don't.
This is some Gator logic here.

Advertisement
It’s one of the things that struck me most with some of our earlier commits, Mauigoa, Riley Williams, Stafford etc they were all very mature and conducted themselves very well

No offense, but maybe those kids didn't command as much attention as a top 5 recruit. And this isn't about "maturity", this is about UM fans potentially getting butt hurt if He flips. Trust me, if He committed to Colorado and at the last minute showed strong interest in us, we'd be lapping that s h i t up.

look i agree on how this is playing out being annoying. if you go back, i said when he didnt sign that he has 4 OVs left and hes unsigned elite recruit. he will be taking visits and nothing we can do about it bc he and any recruit should take all 5 imo. theyre free and paid for. experience it. cribby told us all that his person said nothing is happening on the 15th and people kept saying something will happne. we knew he wouldnt be signing anything official sunday and it would drag out till NSD. ill trust the insiders in that no one really knows **** w his recruitment. i expect him to take more visits. hes unsigned and hes courted by everyone. honestly, everyone liked the no interview thing pre AA game until he went to UC for a visit. i criticize mario for a lot but one thing i dont is recruiting. i trust him to get it done.
Agreed, it’s Mario’s job to get this done. Now if Mario misses here, I certainly will not hold it against him, but this kid is a talent and must be pursued to the very end.

No offense, but maybe those kids didn't command as much attention as a top 5 recruit. And this isn't about "maturity", this is about UM fans potentially getting butt hurt if He flips. Trust me, if He committed to Colorado and at the last minute showed strong interest in us, we'd be lapping that s h i t up.
To clarify I’m not criticizing Cormani at all, just commenting about how not all kids do this

Arch Manning didn’t do this

So painting broad strokes about them being 17 isn’t really valid

Agreed, it’s Mario’s job to get this done. Now if Mario misses here, I certainly will not hold it against him, but this kid is a talent and must be pursued to the very end.
i agree. look i wouldnt blame mario if he didnt land him. i honeslty didnt even expect him in our class pre commitment bc hes a lakeland kid lol. i just trust mario in this area.

Advertisement
i think weve proven the tags are not a good indicator of anything since we had ponce tagged and he was on his way out
Yes that is true but with Ponce, people were tagging his when posting offers

This is a bit different since he’s visiting the campus to see the staff in person.

What is this in reference to? Why do ppl keep posting vague *** tweets like that where people don't even know who you're talking about.

If his claim is that cormani ship has sailed, why not say it? Who is he protecting by being so vague? (Other than himself).

Twitter Insiders need to drop their balls more bc this is soft ****.

I get being secretive if a committed player is coming to visit us or something, but saying one of our commits ship has sailed but not actually putting your name to it? SOFT

Two people commented saying "Cormani?" and he liked both tweets.

Hmmmmm nah I have to agree @ssvir on this one. Not to attack his mom personally, pretty sure she is a wonder lady, but your kids are a representation of your values.

If you are emotional immature adult, your kids tend emulate that behavior. if you are a hot head, kid tend have anger issues. They tend to look at adults on how to properly respond to a certain situation. Conscious or subconsciously.

Don't know Cormani father situation, but I when see **** like this, I just hope the young man has a mature male figure in his life to help guide him tough through situation.
Maybe mom’s teaching her son a principle: How to maximize one’s value. Not a bad lesson to learn. I’m all for it, especially if your family isn’t rich. His price point may never be higher ever again.

But just be classy.

Advertisement
I should rephrase and say some of the highlights. Not film.

Him biting on double moves and no closing speed.
I’ve never seen 100% of his highlights but I’ve seen some game film from him I was just kinda taken aback that you said that but I understand what you mean lol he’s not ivey ish in his movements though you’re saying he’s ivey ish in that he seems to have no recovery speed to you. He moves completely different from ivey tho. Ivey struggles to get going. I think CM sometimes is too reliant on his athleticism so he tries to do some wild **** and it makes him look more toast than he is

Last edited:
Maybe mom’s teaching her son a principle: How to maximize one’s value. Not a bad lesson to learn. I’m all for it, especially if your family isn’t rich. His price point may never be higher ever again.

But just be classy.

Isn't working out to well for the Rashadas right now.

I agree on keeping it classy but I said this in an earlier post that whoever is "guiding" or "advising" him may have their own interests before his.

But just be classy.

That's the main point of concern here. Bissainthe disrespected Miami during a visit to FSU and he's turned into one of the most anticipated MVPs of the defense. I think we can all agree it was a smart decision to continue to recruit Wes. Every situation is different, and we fans certainly have less information than DVD and the other coaches recruiting McClain. At the end of the day, Mario will make the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back