2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give it a rest guys, don’t fall for the banana in the tailpipe. Why do you think all this smoke about “it’s not over yet, 50/50” are coming out?

It’s to drum up more suspense, don’t give it your time. His camp ain’t fooling anyone who is seriously watching.

Advertisement
Just my opinion and having a weird gut feeling after following recruiting for a long time:

A lot of red flags with Cormani that I didn’t anticipate earlier in this recruitment before he committed to Miami.

Some of the film on him has been suspect (very Iveyish in coverage).

Throw in not telling staff about not signing, trip, other 17-18 year old typical behavior in which I question more the adult motives than I do Cormani, I am good with him either staying in the class and I am good if he moves on.

To me it wouldn’t be a devastating loss like Innis was this year, Jeudy, Campbell, or Surtain in the past. I’ll be happy to have him but I see he needs a lot of work. Boom or Bust type of player.

I am cool with Mario punting here.
+1

That being said there are tools there to work with...but he isnt Day 1 lockdown

If he comes here I will still be on the very very cautiously optimistic 5 star excitement.

theyre 17. none of us were mature at that date. we cant use 40 year old sensibilities for a 17 year old

I'm sorry man, but I don't agree with that whatsoever. There's 17 year old young adults that are more "mature" and have their **** together than some 40 year olds. They are a product of their upbringing and for most not having a strong father figure in the home. I have five kids under 12 of my own and I stress manners, morals, and having respect for others. I work in I/T, but none of them have cell phones or social media. Nor do I as there are more negatives to it than positives. These young adults have their heads blown up because of all the *** kissing and grown men following their *** around like groupies. That's a big reason why they handle their recruitment like they do and don't truly respect the term commitment.

Advertisement
I'm sorry man, but I don't agree with that whatsoever. There's 17 year old young adults that are more "mature" and have their **** together than some 40 year olds. They are a product of their upbringing and for most not having a strong father figure in the home. I have five kids under 12 of my own and I stress manners, morals, and having respect for others. I work in I/T, but none of them have cell phones or social media. Nor do I as there are more negatives to it than positives. These young adults have their heads blown up because of all the *** kissing and grown men following their *** around like groupies. That's a big reason why they handle their recruitment like they do and don't truly respect the term commitment.
200.gif

Put her down, G and let her rest!!

To add to this, weve got many examples in our class of kids that just reinforce your point

It’s one of the things that struck me most with some of our earlier commits, Mauigoa, Riley Williams, Stafford etc they were all very mature and conducted themselves very well

What is this in reference to? Why do ppl keep posting vague *** tweets like that where people don't even know who you're talking about.

If his claim is that cormani ship has sailed, why not say it? Who is he protecting by being so vague? (Other than himself).

Twitter Insiders need to drop their balls more bc this is soft ****.

I get being secretive if a committed player is coming to visit us or something, but saying one of our commits ship has sailed but not actually putting your name to it? SOFT

Last edited:
Advertisement
didn't trevonte graduate from that school that doubled as a part time food truck?
Champagnat Catholic i think....school looked like a strip mall. If i recall correctly he de-committed from Miami when Golden was reported to be visiting Penn St. Also think he had some grades issues and had to attend JUCO while at LSU.

Man stop. This ain’t even big boy recruiting. This is circus show ****.

You can’t be mad at fans who are frustrated with how this is being handled.
im not even mad. again this is pure entertainment not real life for me lol adn recruiting overall is a hype machine. half the kids we signed could absolutely suck. ****, id bet a third or so will just based on the averages overall of recruiting. cormani may not be amazing in college or could be the next surtain. none of us know till we see him. id just rather take my chances with him vs someone else.

id just say lets cool it on the he needs mom to be out of his lfie comments bc of college recruiting. i think thats where poeple jump the shark. id troll all of you guys if i were recruit just based on how grown *** men get in their feelings off in the moment decisions of a high school teenager.

I don’t think it’s shocking actually that they dropped his ranking. Rankings are about physical ability physical potential and mental acuity to play the game and the projection based off of past examples of where someone will wind up in their career. We’ve already been told in the past that certain schools do get bumps because the potential is more likely to be realized and other schools have been nailed like Miami for failing to develop. I’m guessing they dropped them because they know that most recruits with this kind of drama and games at the end never live up to expectations so while they’re not gonna completely Knock him down they’re not exactly going to assume he’s going to be top three again

Just my opinion and having a weird gut feeling after following recruiting for a long time:

A lot of red flags with Cormani that I didn’t anticipate earlier in this recruitment before he committed to Miami.

Throw in not telling staff about not signing, trip, other 17-18 year old typical behavior in which I question more the adult motives than I do Cormani, I am good with him either staying in the class and I am good if he moves on.

To me it wouldn’t be a devastating loss like Innis was this year, Jeudy, Campbell, or Surtain in the past. I’ll be happy to have him but I see he needs a lot of work. Boom or Bust type of player.

Ivey ish in what way exactly man Ima need you to expound lmao

Advertisement
IMO it's over. And it might be a blessing in disguise. The young man and his family have not been acting in good faith. You dont lie to a staff that drove all the way to your town to meet up and talk. You dont troll with your social media accounts in a way that impacts and disrespects the trust and hard work folks like DVD have invested.

I dont want that type of human being at UM. We need mature and committed folks. We dont want someone trying to use UM or other for a SWITCHAROO documentary with Prime.

Talking about Prime, how many kids has he put in the league? What is his track record? Zero. And I've been to UC, it is an absolute dump. Let's get another CB from the portal and move on.

Advertisement

Agree. We just went through this with Avantae Williams. Athletic freak who has questionable behaviors and maturity. Ghosting a coach visit is not a good sign for coachability. Mario can take or leave him for all I care, assuming the kid is even listening at this point.

p.s. Deion Sanders is a clown

IMO it's over. And it might be a blessing in disguise. The young man and his family have not been acting in good faith. You dont lie to a staff that drove all the way to your town to meet up and talk. You dont troll with your social media accounts in a way that impacts and disrespects the trust and hard work folks like DVD have invested.

I dont want that type of human being at UM. We need mature and committed folks. We dont want someone trying to use UM or other for a SWITCHAROO documentary with Prime.

Talking about Prime, how many kids has he put in the league? What is his track record? Zero. And I've been to UC, it is an absolute dump. Let's get another CB from the portal and move on.
for soap opera purposes, did the staff show up unannounced bc they knew he may be taking an OV somewhere or did he coordinate to meet with them and left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back