2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Prepare to be pleasantly surprised.
Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

Reactions: ben
Is he a recruiting ace? Who has he landed

I don’t doubt he’s good but cormani is the only one I’ve seen him get serious credit for and cormani isn’t coming
I have the exact same question. DVD seems like a good dude and personable but who has he actually landed?

While I can agree that Deion Sanders is not the guy you want to emulate as a corner. He did in fact cause qbs to ignore his side of the field and that likely impacted his stats. Woodson also played some safety which IMO is a position that is more conducive to getting interceptions. I haven’t looked but I wonder what is INT totals were as a CB vs Safety. I think Woodson was by far a better football player and team mate but I could see how Deion’s skill set could be a better fit in some systems.
I wasn't questioning any of that. I was responding to all this "Deion is the greatest to ever play the game" hyperbole. There are others out there where you could make the same or better claim.

Advertisement
Jesus. This kid is 170 pounds soaking wet after a big meal at Denny’s. And he thinks he’s going to be ready by September to handle the physicality of Pac12 football?

He would definitely need a year of S&C but Deion’s gonna throw this kid to the wolves and let him get mauled then throw him under the boss.

Then Deion will leave after two seasons and this kid will portal out.

PAC 12 isn’t physical. Plus I’m sure he will see the field anywhere he goes

now we like 247 bc they spoiled the kids surprise lol.

we have to get which one we like straight.

lol nah im sure coaches expecting something funny was happening so went up. hes an unsigned top 3 player in the country. if you guys thought people would stop recruiting him, youre nuts. we do the same ****. you recruit the kid until hes signed. then you recruit him to transfer (like we did allegedly with Lucas at ATM after the locker room incident). its dirty but its the nature of recruiting. a lot of people who supposedly tell others to man up or can't handle recruiting suddenly can't handle it when it gets tough to close out on the top 3 player in the country yeah saban, billy, Napier, whoever theyre gonna keep going at him until there is no shot. I suspect Mario was in his ears given his nature as a recruiter but if he relied on someone else and they dropped the ball, not good. eventually well know the full story of what caused him to maybe not sign w us.
It's simple, really. He never was planning to sign. It was all a ruse to concoct drama. By most accounts was a shoe in to go to Florida, then "shocked" everyone by picking Miami, then try to "shock" again by picking Colorado. See a pattern? This while making some self serving docudrama about his recruitment.

This has the stench of Deon fuming all over it from its inception, who is arguably one of the biggest self promoters around, and who also happens to have his own self promoting reality show. Kid just wants to follow in his footsteps and was probably getting guidance along the way from him. Glad this latest shock announcement backfired. Kind of anticlimactic ending to the story he was making up for the purpose of drumming up publicity for some fake documentary.

I thought the comments Rueben Bain and the other guys at the AA game made were strange when asked if they spoke to/hung out with Cormani. They basically dodged the question and said they hadn’t really spoken to him, didn’t have time etc. Struck me odd that they could all be together for 5 days yet no interaction occurred. Especially since Cormani made such a point to wear Miami clothes and throw up the U etc. starting to realize they probably sensed something was up- maybe even knew…..
This isn’t Baker and Diaz that Cormani was a trolling. Our staff regardless of what anyone on here thinks is well regarded in cfb as well as high school.

Also, the term business decision is also something that has been used too much to describe some shady dealing that involves a scat pack and some money.

Now lawyers and agents are involved. If players keep doing this type of bs these dudes are that are actually business men that have law firms and are well connected are not gonna want to sign anyone who’s single mom or dad is just out there shopping their kid like a **** ***** regardless of how talented they are.
The ones making the business decisions are actually business men and not some 17 year old trolling Twitter saying he made a business decision.

Now I know I used the term ***** but it’s extremes ironic that I ran into this the other day.
Cormani wears number 7
Now pay attention to rule number 7

Advertisement
What if … just what if … he commits to us today only because he his “surprise” was ruined BUT then flips to Deion in February! Lol . No matter what happens today nothing is set in stone until ink meets paper !

Question. I know some have mentioned that the kid can't sign anything until February. How do we know that he didn't sign by the ESD deadline and the school simply kept it quiet?

Advertisement
If DVD doesn’t get an on field job I wouldn’t be shocked if he bounced.
Bethune Cookman a nice spot for him to cut his teeth. By all accounts a personable kid but not sure about coaching. He was reassigned by Mario as soon as he got here who obviously saw value in him off the field. Not sure what has changed since. And I don't think he would promise an 18 year old to promote a coach just to get him to sign.

Browns from what I remember.
haven't heard that at all, I think it's more likely addae and/or rumph had more to play with that

rumph used to coach there and addae landed daryl porter who was a teammate of theirs at heritage.

not trying to knock dvd but his stardom skyrocketed because of cormani and everyone started ****ting on the rest of the staff because of it... well now we lost cormani, so maybe we start to zoom out and be objective

Advertisement
So if he came here he wouldn't be day 1 starter at CB??? Or at least heavy rotational player throughout the year eventually taking over at CB at some point during the year???.... I mean I get people are upset by the turn of events, and I'm not saying you are, but he's playing early and often wherever he goes....
And he's gonna get run over a lot too given his weedy frame.

"Cormani is currently committed to Miami. ... Until otherwise, Cormani is a Cane. If not...(oh well)"

LOL is this his coach? I don't know how he thinks he's being helpful by posting this. If you want a drama free commitment with no cameras, commit early, stay committed, and sign early. It's not like he didn't bring any of the attention on himself. He probably enjoys it.
Is this the crap that the staff deserves by deciding to spend time with him and his coaches when they got stood up by their “king”? Unreal. We all know how this is going to end, including the coach. It was all a charade and Deion changing schools at the 11th hour changed how they were going to shock the world.

haven't heard that at all, I think it's more likely addae and/or rumph had more to play with that

rumph used to coach there and addae landed daryl porter who was a teammate of theirs at heritage.

not trying to knock dvd but his stardom skyrocketed because of cormani and everyone started ****ting on the rest of the staff because of it... well now we lost cormani, so maybe we start to zoom out and be objective
Addae never really made it out to heritage from what we heard on here. A lot of the staff didn’t. Addae by everyone who knows stuff hasn’t recruited anyone. He failed there. He doesn’t put in effort. Not sure why you try to defend a bum staff member. Legit people were saying stuff about addae before cormani. Go ask cribby

Rumph landed a Heritage kid…

This thread is approaching the pinnacle of amazement…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back