2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
First, there is a difference between CB and QB - no school is only playing one CB while pretty much any school with a good QB situation is. Second, Jake was not a true freshman. Third, just b/c some people on this board made a bad argument doesn't mean your even worse one is valid.
You have a strong opinion but I think you’re wrong just as much as you think I am. Earl Little isn’t projected in the 2-deep for next season either at Bama, so how long exactly should he wait before he puts his career first?

Advertisement
But yet we have active players according to a poster that say “Mario needs to tone down the drill sergeant”

We Need dudes that want to get better by any means necessary and not mope around and latch on to negativity every time a coach gets on him about how he sucks right now.

Naw these guys need a kick in the ***.

But tough love alone won’t do it. It needs to be like the military. Break them down but build them up too.

More important than everything else though, is there has to be clarity, honesty, and self awareness, starting at the top.

There is some bad juju in that locker room. There were breakdowns this year that were metaphysical. The team hasn’t rejected Mario. The portal attrition has been less than many expected. There would be many more emotion-driven departures if the team hated Mario. Mario would have 86ed more guys if the attitude on the team was as bad as some claim.

Momentum is real and we do a very poor job controlling it. There have been many small bad decisions made that have snowballed into a chemistry nightmare. Combined with ego and stubbornness, you get mess we witnessed 2022.

Just hold EVERYONE accountable and put them in position to succeed. It’s easier than ever to replace a lazy player. Work ethic isn’t an excuse. Culture starts with competence. It’s hard to get buy in when you stubbornly cling to what isn’t working. If the players are really that big a problem, Mario not being more aggressive purging the roster is telling.

Advertisement
No, they’re brothers. There’s only one named Fred and you are him

You know more than I do. I picked the name in 2018, little did I know it would be fueling people's internet search habits five years later. What a world.

Advertisement
It's so ridiculous right now someone just needs to take his phone from him lol

Yeah, maybe I just feel like let him do what he wants who cares. He’s not going to be a Miami hurricane that’s all I care about. He can do whatever he wants I won’t worry about it. It’s just a HS kid who cares since he’s not coming here.

2945B925-5A5E-4168-9D49-96743A7CDA49.png

Can’t…just can’t

Advertisement
No, I just pay attention, and saw what he did and meant for the HBCU community.

My wife went FAMU and was hurt when he left, like so many. Dudes a force, and kids love him.. it’s just facts.
From another respected poster here: "I know the man personally and he’s not the slime ball y’all make him out to be #OnHere. Is he a narcissist? 100%. Is he self serving? 10000000000%."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back