2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Clearly you are not or don’t care to read or understand what some are saying.
1) we have not had that many top 10 classes period if it ends up 7th overall that is still a **** good class.
2) if recruiting consistently stays at this level these years to come the talent overall will be good enough to compete, and the effect will be that we will get some higher ranked classes as well
3) and this is important one should analyze each class for it’s strengths and weaknesses at each position and then determine their outlook based on it and not just a blanket statement, unless you are already predisposed to an opinion and you only wish to support your narrative

For example in my opinion, this team is a gut job and needed to he revamped. Football is and always will be won at the line of scrimmage. You want to compete for championships you win at the line. All the other pretty things like spread offense or pretty DB’s and WR’s? Yes we need to add quality players. But if you are not winning at the line it doesn’t mean crap what you have at wideout or RB or in the secondary.

With that when analyzing what is being done with this class and last, a clear infusion of superior talent is being added. This is arguably one of the top o line classes in the country, we have added a lot of quality talent at D line, though at DT we do need a little more. LB has been addressed as well.

You win at the line first and foremost, it is as true today as it was yesterday, regardless of scheme, regardless of X’s and O’s

This class addressed that in superior fashion.

So yes it may not end up a top 5 class overall, but where it matters most in football it is a top 5 class in the trenches. And that will payoff dividends if we consistently recruit like that year in year out

I'll make the same point to you that I've made to others. It's a good enough class if your goal is to win 10 games. It's not a good enough class to compete with Alabama and Georgia. And that's all I'm interested in.

To your other point, yes line of scrimmage is important in football. So is Quarterback. So is DT, which is part of the line of scrimmage and arguably the most important part. We didn't address those positions at all. And I would disagree that we addressed linebacker. We might have upgraded, but that's about the best that can be said.

Again, the class is good enough to win consolation prizes like a 10 win season in a couple years, it's not a championship class.

A class ranked 5-10 is not good enough to compete for national titles, which is the only thing that matters to me. Maybe things improve, but I don't care about that. 10 wins or 5 wins is all the same to me. If we're not competing for natty's, we're not Miami.
Last I checked TCU just competed for one and hasn’t had a top 10 class in a long time.

As a Bears fan, I’m bitter towards Mega & his tron! Lol. As a Canes fan, I’m bitter about him too! Lol.

Calvin is, man; if Sean Taylor was Meast as a Defensive Player, Calvin is Meast as an Offensive player. Like seriously, imma have to sit on this for a little bit. I got Jerry, Calvin, @ Randy in today’s NFL, who’s going #1? Yikes.
See Jerry had Joe/Steve and Walsh, and the high functioning 49rs organization

For as good Randy was with the Vikings, imagine him with Tom and Belicheck and the Patriots organization. Randy couldn’t function with the dysfunctional Raiders.

And Calvin had Stafford and the bummy lions 🤣 instead of Tyreke Hill, give Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid Megatron, he probably doesn’t retire early.

Advertisement
As a Bears fan, I’m bitter towards Mega & his tron! Lol. As a Canes fan, I’m bitter about him too! Lol.

Calvin is, man; if Sean Taylor was Meast as a Defensive Player, Calvin is Meast as an Offensive player. Like seriously, imma have to sit on this for a little bit. I got Jerry, Calvin, @ Randy in today’s NFL, who’s going #1? Yikes.

Far be it from me to continue the love for our friends at Pitt, but Larry Fitzgerald was good at football…

Spoiler alert.... Miami will never compete for nattys again. We will compete for conference championships and New Year 6 bowl games
Could be. But this is where I'm the one who's high on the hopium. I have always said that this coach is the last chance I'm giving Miami before I tune out. Either Mario succeeds and brings us back, or college football just isn't for me anymore. I don't think he's doing what he needs to do to get us there, but I'm not completely giving up on him yet either.

Advertisement
Last I checked TCU just competed for one and hasn’t had a top 10 class in a long time.

Georgia blew the doors off TCU. That's the standard you want us to live up to? I want us to out-talent Georgia and Alabama. When Miami is good, we out-talent people. That means Mario has to roll up his sleeves and beat them on the recruiting trail. He didn't get that done this cycle.

There was a time when all Canes fans felt this way. If we lost one game, the season was a wrap. Maybe the younger fans are happy just winning 9 or 10 games a year, but I will never be that kind of Canes fan.
I want to win bad, I am just trying to see a big picture. You lose one battle, win the next. Paso a paso.

Advertisement
How about we consistently get 9-10 wins before thinking about championships :pgdead:

That's actually reasonable, except if we do that it will be the 2030's before we're even in the conversation. I'm not that patient. If you ask me, Ruiz should have bought us a top 3 class.

Advertisement
See Jerry had Joe/Steve and Walsh, and the high functioning 49rs organization

For as good Randy was with the Vikings, imagine him with Tom and Belicheck and the Patriots organization. Randy couldn’t function with the dysfunctional Raiders.

And Calvin had Stafford and the bummy lions 🤣 instead of Tyreke Hill, give Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid Megatron, he probably doesn’t retire early.

Yeah, both he & Sanders said fccccck this! Lol. Both r in that convo of what if they played on better franchises?

A class ranked 5-10 is not good enough to compete for national titles, which is the only thing that matters to me. Maybe things improve, but I don't care about that. 10 wins or 5 wins is all the same to me. If we're not competing for natty's, we're not Miami.
Miami hasn’t been Miami in 20 years lol. The “game” passed the program by and then some. Negatively judging future recruiting classes off of this one - which is a historically great one for Miami in the modern era seems a bit pre-emptive. If anything, Mario has shown the ability to recruit great - and I do mean great - players even after a ****** season. A better year next year and even more great players will come down. Mario and Miami can and will recruit at a Top 5 level. This season we’re just a Cormani aka “Dramani” away from being consensus Top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back