2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
It’s not just the 7th ranked class..I’ll take that all the time but this past season showed there are major concerns with Mario..insane number of injuries, offense that is terrible, did a bad job of getting the team to buy in, and now no changes to the offense..

Right. I’m not excluding Mario from criticism. Concerns of offense and his overall game day coaching are legitimate.

The team didn’t “buy in” because a) culture completely changed (not buddy buddy with coach anymore) b) the roster was largely devoid of talent (yes, better offensive schemes would’ve mitigated this), and c) they’re accustomed to losing (just like anger begets more anger, so does losing)

It’s not a surprise that our young players played the best and worked the hardest (sans some veterans who actually care about their on field performance)

I expect this year’s team to fight hard and not quit like we saw this year. Record may marginally improve, but the new talent influx is clear and a solid base for what I believe will be a good/great 2024. I know we’ve suffered for 2 decades, this program is heading in the right direction.

Yeah you commit to a school not a position coach. That stuff is to fluid. My stance
The fact he’s already wavering or didn’t sign already, to me, he’s gone!!!!

I’d be pleasantly shocked if otherwise. This never, ever, ever plays out well.

Got negged on NSD for calling out this diva **** and I probably will again… but this kid can go freeze his *** off for a 2-10 team in boulder for all I care. Give me the alphas… Bain, ray ray, staff, Francis, Malik etc… who committed and then shut it down and ready to get to work. These are the dudes in the locker room that it’s gonna take to turn it around

Big + rep from me.

Miami should’ve cut this out at the legs a long time ago. They had to have known. They need to cut it off now so he doesn’t make them look silly come Sunday. This nerd doesn’t even look like he’s hit puberty yet. Peace out.

Advertisement
Just dumb salty sh*t lol. It would make us look worse, the optics would be terrible and tarnish relationships in Lakeland. Just take your L and move on.
I would say that if the staff showed up and he lied and he wasn’t there, that’s the same thing as you telling your boss you will be there for the meeting and never show up. Grounds for termination.

Mario would look like a punk by moving forward with the commitment of this player.

One player doesn’t make a program. I certainly want this player but there is a line that has to be drawn. Not pulling the offer and continuing to suck up is Manny stuff.

Again, that’s if he had them show up and on purpose he skipped out of town.

unimpressed morgan freeman GIF

Is it signing day yet? Hurry up and end this one way or the other

Advertisement
Got negged on NSD for calling out this diva **** and I probably will again… but this kid can go freeze his *** off for a 2-10 team in boulder for all I care. Give me the alphas… Bain, ray ray, staff, Francis, Malik etc… who committed and then shut it down and ready to get to work. These are the dudes in the locker room that it’s gonna take to turn it around

I don't think he's a diva for getting tired of waiting for Cristobal to make a coaching move and fire Addae. Many of us are getting pretty tired of it as well. If McClain flips, and we start next season with Gattis as OC and Addae as CB coach, are you still going to believe that Cristobal is making good decisions?

I don't think he's a diva for getting tired of waiting for Cristobal to make a coaching move and fire Addae. Many of us are getting pretty tired of it as well. If McClain flips, and we start next season with Gattis as OC and Addae as CB coach, are you still going to believe that Cristobal is making good decisions?

I’ll be disappointed with a Mario, sure. But doesn’t excuse Cormaybe. When he committed, Addae was the Corch.

Advertisement
Big + rep from me.

Miami should’ve cut this out at the legs a long time ago. They had to have known. They need to cut it off now so he doesn’t make them look silly come Sunday. This nerd doesn’t even look like he’s hit puberty yet. Peace out.
I think they are approaching it the correct way. Still recruit him, but recruit others. With how this is going down and his back and forth wavering he could be in the portal in a couple of years if you don't land him outright. As long as we understand to not put all our eggs in the basket of him, which doesn't seem to be that way from what we have heard with Roberts and Singletary, then recruit him still.

Advertisement
Did this really happen? Staff hit the road today or last night, arrived today and he was nowhere to be found because he bounced on a trip without communicating this to the staff?

@SWFLHurricane - can your guy confirm this?
I don’t know if they arrived but I believe it was a planned visit, SWFL even confirmed his guy stated DVD was heading up with them….

Obviously they wouldn’t have planned/made arrangements to use FOUR coaches to visit one player if they knew he wouldn’t be there.

Regardless of if Mario broke a promise, staff got played today.

the kids a troll and I’m glad Mario isn’t promoting DVD just to appease him. DVD isnt in the same league coaching or recruiting as Raymond, Deion and T-Rob. That’s who he’ll be going up against moving forward.

It’s a game of chicken and I’m glad Mario didn’t promote DVD until after he signed if that’s what was promised because the kid would have flaked out anyways. Kid belong with Deion

This has zero to do with DVD. Kid never had any intention of actually coming here. I think he was quoted at his original announcement for Miami that “it still wasn’t over.”

Probably was working with Deion Sanders behind the scenes the whole time to pull a T Hunter on ESD. The Colorado move spoiled that timeline. That brought us to where we are now.

Pure speculation … but it adds up.

I don’t know if they arrived but I believe it was a planned visit, SWFL even confirmed his guy stated DVD was heading up with them….

Obviously they wouldn’t have planned/made arrangements to use FOUR coaches to visit one player if they knew he wouldn’t be there.

Regardless of if Mario broke a promise, staff got played today.
Yeah, I am curious to see if that actually played out, if they prevented the trip from happening or if he’s leaving at some point tonight for his trip after he meets with the staff.

I have been of this weird feeling that whatever he’s announcing on Sunday was a switch of commitment to a new school. An announcement of anything else, since he can’t sign anything binding makes no ******* sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back