2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
It is a not a solid theory because it means McClain would have taken $0 NIl money to attend JSU over the millions that UM, Bama and a lot of other schools are willing to provide.

Stop it
It’s a possibility. Not saying that it’s so.

Man, none of us know anything about what’s going on. It’s all speculation and trying to piece things together.

To many, today with these kids and whoever is advising them, anything is possible.

Just a theory amongst friends here. Nothing more. We will find out soon enough.

DVD went toe to toe with Corey and T rob and won when he secured Cormanis commitment

The "well, we didn't want him anyways" is my favorite delusional statement from UM fans after a recruit decommits. And it's especially funny this time around since McClain is the highest ranked recruit out of HS we've had in almost 15 years.

Feels like the visit was supposed to be secret and the coaches trying to visit him today blew up the spot…. If I had to guess he was going on a visit, filming a commitment video in CU and then dropping it on the 15th when he returns.
Where are you seeing that he’s visiting CU?

Advertisement
I would say that if the staff showed up and he lied and he wasn’t there, that’s the same thing as you telling your boss you will be there for the meeting and never show up. Grounds for termination.

Mario would look like a punk by moving forward with the commitment of this player.

One player doesn’t make a program. I certainly want this player but there is a line that has to be drawn. Not pulling the offer and continuing to suck up is Manny stuff.

Again, that’s if he had them show up and on purpose he skipped out of town.
To play devils advocate, who’s to say that he actually did “promise” Cormani that DVD will be an On-Field coach for his CB position. Then when it was time to put pen to paper, that “promise” wasn’t fulfilled.

That would be a boss stating, “You’re getting a raise, please sign this retention/no-compete agreement first.” There’s no guarantee that you’ll actually get the raise or not.

Point is, IF (no clue if it’s true) you made a commitment to something and don’t carry it out, trust is broken and you sit back and wonder if they’re not going to be 💯 about that, what else will they lie about….$$$???

Only the people close to this would know. We’ll see regardless…..Spring isn’t for another few months so we’ll have to wait for phase 1 of the 2023 roster until then.

Man, none of us know anything about what’s going on. It’s all speculation and trying to piece things together.

To many, today with these kids and whoever is advising them, anything is possible.

You just wrote the truest words ever on this site. None of us know anything.

We are all in that boat but I wish people would make educated guesses. Some of the stuff on here ignores what little facts we have and goes into fantasyland. Like Sanders orchestrrating some grand conspiracy. The man doesn’t have even have toes! I know that is besides the point but I felt like writing it.

To play devils advocate, who’s to say that he actually did “promise” Cormani that DVD will be an On-Field coach for his CB position. Then when it was time to put pen to paper, that “promise” wasn’t fulfilled.

That would be a boss stating, “You’re getting a raise, please sign this retention/no-compete agreement first.” There’s no guarantee that you’ll actually get the raise or not.

Point is, IF (no clue if it’s true) you made a commitment to something and don’t carry it out, trust is broken and you sit back and wonder if they’re going to not be 💯 about that, what else will they lie about….$$$???

Only the people close to this would know. We’ll see regardless…..Spring isn’t for another few months so we’ll have to wait for phase 1 of the 2023 roster until then.
You are correct. This cuts both ways.

It’s a good point by you.

So many of you believe that Money McClain is about to attend a university that has no NIL money?
And worse, some of you actually believe that Travis Hunter attended JSU becuase of Sanders, and not the NIL deal that Barstool gave him?
Unless Sanders can get Barstool to pony up another million for McClain it makes less than zero sense that McClain is going to CU.

Follow the money. Stop speculating, do the homework and follow the money.

“Unless”

Advertisement
You just wrote the truest words ever on this site. None of us know anything.

We are all in that boat but I wish people would make educated guesses. Some of the stuff on here ignores what little facts we have and goes into fantasyland. Like Sanders orchestrrating some grand conspiracy. The man doesn’t have even have toes! I know that is besides the point but I felt like writing it.
I am sorry though, and no disrespect meant, but did we not witness Deion orchestrate the Travis Hunter flip from FSU last year?

Do you actually believe Hunter went to Jackson State for $0 and out of the goodness of his heart and because of his love for Deion?

I think many people here underestimate Deion and what he’s capable of doing.

What exactly is the basis of Cormani's attraction to DVD? So important that it's the linchpin of his decision? Hard to fathom.

Basically he said that he liked that DVD was younger than all the other guys recruiting him and as someone closer in age, he had a much better understanding of the things he (McClain) was looking for in a program.

I love when mods comment on speculation as if it isn’t the bloodline that keeps a message board alive…

No one knows anything. Those that have a bit of an inside track have indicated a few nuggets: DVD, grades, TRob, Alabama and Colorado have been working.

Advertisement
“Unless”
I thought we wanted players who want to be here and not those who "follow the money"

Also with so many known twitter Umiami accounts saying its not looking good along with Gaby saying he is looking to take a visit this weekend and its not Alabama.

if it was like a duck, talks like a duck and looks like a duck... its probably a duck.

I love when mods comment on speculation as if it isn’t the bloodline that keeps a message board alive…

No one knows anything. Those that have a bit of an inside track have indicated a few nuggets: DVD, grades, TRob, Alabama and Colorado have been working.
And to be transparent, I have been told a few things about the behind the scenes, but I won’t share that info. Not for me nor what I do on this forum.

Advertisement
I don't think he's a diva for getting tired of waiting for Cristobal to make a coaching move and fire Addae. Many of us are getting pretty tired of it as well. If McClain flips, and we start next season with Gattis as OC and Addae as CB coach, are you still going to believe that Cristobal is making good decisions?

So your 24 future teammates sign drama free and ready to work, and you’re holding out so you can force your future head coaches hand in a firing/hiring decision.. (if this is the actual reason for not signing)

His mother came out and said he’s signing, then the next day he doesn’t. Am I to believe in that 24 hour span something dramatically changed with DVD…? Or is the kid just having second thoughts… got a bag and a call from a coach or two and rethinking it

I am sorry though, and no disrespect meant, but did we not witness Deion orchestrate the Travis Hunter flip from FSU last year?

Do you actually believe Hunter went to Jackson State for $0 and out of the goodness of his heart and because of his love for Deion?

I think many people here underestimate Deion and what he’s capable of doing.
Hunter received a ton of NIL money from Barstool which worked together with Sanders to break a story about a great player going to an HBCU. Reports were a million form Barstoll for Hunter to attend JSU.

Barstool isn’t doing that with U of Colorado.

I thought we wanted players who want to be here and not those who "follow the money"

Also with so many known twitter Umiami accounts saying its not looking good along with Gaby saying he is looking to take a visit this weekend and its not Alabama.

if it was like a duck, talks like a duck and looks like a duck... its probably a duck.

I want to win! The goal is to win! You need elite talent to win!

Start ******* winning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back