2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd sacrifice a ******** for that outcome.

Just one, though, I've got a spare.
Maybe @cway313 can lend a ********

episode 18 santeria GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
There are always head scratching moves where a coach takes a lateral job at a lessor program. Look at Addae. Why would he leave a national champion to take the same job at Miami if Kirby didn’t tell him to seek another job?

Obviously, these things only ever happen at Miami...

The issue wasn’t Mario’s decision making but more bad timing. But he 100 percent had interest in the job. That I know for a fact.
Could you explain how it was just bad timing? You telling me Mario doesn't know Raymond is one of the elite DB recruiters and coaches? Does he really need to go through a lengthy interview process? Or was Raymond looking for a bigger roll?

Advertisement
Could you explain how it was just bad timing? You telling me Mario doesn't know Raymond is one of the elite DB recruiters and coaches? Does he really need to go through a lengthy interview process? Or was Raymond looking for a bigger roll?

Come on, don't do this to yourself. This was not a question of Mario "not knowing".

Raymond was pushed out at LSU and was looking to move fast. Mario was JUST hired at Miami and was initially told by T-Rob that he was interested in staying at Miami and being considered for the DB Coach job.

Meanwhile, Slingblade Billy was coming from Louisiana, had an "SEC job/get revenge on LSU" opportunity, and Raymond literally took the first job that was offered to him.

There just wasn't enough time to interview Raymond AT THAT TIME. And, sure, some people will try to act like Mario would have taken just as much time to hire Raymond as he did with a couple of other guys, but that's just not the case. Raymond would have gone a lot faster, he just jumped on the Florida job so quickly.

If Cormani is trolling Miami and signs with Colorado I’ll be sure to root for TCU and PAC12 opponents Utah USC, UCLA, and Oregon to roll up 60+ on Prime.

Deion may not last long at Colorado.

"In an interview with Undisputed with Skip and Shannon co-host Shannon Sharpe (h/t The War Rapport), Sanders said that his time is more valuable than meeting with the power brokers who fund operations for Power Five programs."

That might work at JSU, but not in big time college football. Every coach, even Nick Saban, has to kiss some a$$ to get money for his program. If he doesn't want to play the game, he's not even going to make it 3 years there. Publicly embarrassing Mark Pope and openly stating he doesn't want to meet with the guys with deep pockets, should be some big red flags for McClain or any other recruit.

And of course, the biggest red flag to me is that Sanders claimed "God called him to JSU" and wanted him to change the landscape for HBCUs. Apparently God changed his mind and decided Sanders needed to live closer to ski resorts.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Raymond was hired by UF while TRob was still employed here. That's the bad timing.

Deion may not last long at Colorado.

"In an interview with Undisputed with Skip and Shannon co-host Shannon Sharpe (h/t The War Rapport), Sanders said that his time is more valuable than meeting with the power brokers who fund operations for Power Five programs."

That might work at JSU, but not in big time college football. Every coach, even Nick Saban, has to kiss some a$$ to get money for his program. If he doesn't want to play the game, he's not even going to make it 3 years there.
I hope Colorado isn’t surprised by this. Deion is more interested in building the brands of him and his kids. It will be a factor in recruiting too. That’s why his message to recruits is “I ain’t hard to find”, He’s banking on his celebrity and charisma attracting recruits without having to go through the normal grind of recruiting.

Advertisement
Pretty sure Raymond was hired by UF while TRob was still employed here. That's the bad timing.

And apparently Mario never fires anyone even someone like TRob that he never got along with…

Bottom line: Could have had Raymond. We have Addae.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back