2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, kinda surprised that I’m in the minority when I say I want nothing to do with Strong at DC.

Absolutely not lol. If we are going to make the switch there, don’t just elevate someone else from this staff. That makes no sense and it is NOT a 100% without a doubt upgrade, which is the only reason we should make the switch there IMO.

I'm with you. He hasn't called a defense in 10+ years.

Advertisement
I’ve been clear there’s more to this than people know. And you better believe business is involved, it always is. That said ……the amount of crap being thrown at the wall with this whole thing is mind boggling. From message boards right on down to the the “professionals“. I had a Bama subscription article sent to me where they said “ CM was a done deal to Bama but we upped the money“. That was yesterday. People elsewhere say “ he’s a done deal to Colorado”. So we have a done deal to Bama , Colorado and Miami.

Fact is nobody fully knows what’s going on and all the moving parts. Myself included, and I have pretty good info with this.

In reference to what I said about DVD and it apparently “sounding crazy”. Weeks ago I posted “T Rob told the Mcclains DVD was leaving to take an on field job elsewhere”. That was countered with he would be remaining as an on field coach and would be CM’s coach here. They were told it would be announced very soon. Well thats been three weeks.

If you think that wouldn’t play a part in this you’re crazy. Especially when it’s been dragging out this long. Now is that the only issue ? No, but it’s definitely a big issue.
So what is the hold up? Is Mario so set on letting other guys find jobs instead of firing them that he'd risk shooting himself in the foot. For what, honor? There ain't no honor in this game.

I’ve been clear there’s more to this than people know. And you better believe business is involved, it always is. That said ……the amount of crap being thrown at the wall with this whole thing is mind boggling. From message boards right on down to the the “professionals“. I had a Bama subscription article sent to me where they said “ CM was a done deal to Bama but we upped the money“. That was yesterday. People elsewhere say “ he’s a done deal to Colorado”. So we have a done deal to Bama , Colorado and Miami.

Fact is nobody fully knows what’s going on and all the moving parts. Myself included, and I have pretty good info with this.

In reference to what I said about DVD and it apparently “sounding crazy”. Weeks ago I posted “T Rob told the Mcclains DVD was leaving to take an on field job elsewhere”. That was countered with he would be remaining as an on field coach and would be CM’s coach here. They were told it would be announced very soon. Well thats been three weeks.

If you think that wouldn’t play a part in this you’re crazy. Especially when it’s been dragging out this long. Now is that the only issue ? No, but it’s definitely a big issue.
i agree. im not saying youre wrong or SWFL is wrong. i think its all in playing together to create this ****. im just putting together the pieces from you guys and everything else out there from at least whats been known. i still hes coming here barring some unexepected setback like DVD leaving to coach DBs elsewhere. fwiw and we do hate on gabby, but he basically said the same thing you said. CM is close to one staffer (not mario obviously) and its dvd. he was also told hed be coached by DVD. not odd to see an issue arise when the bama stuff happened

So what is the hold up? Is Mario so set on letting other guys find jobs instead of firing them that he'd risk shooting himself in the foot. For what, honor? There ain't no honor in this game.
i dont think nayone knows the hold up tbh. none of us know how mario moves and there may not even be a hold up. i trust mario to make it right w dvd esp w how big dvd has been in recruiting esp given the lack of recruiting from addae and others on staff.

Advertisement
isnt he at UGA still as CO-dc?

In title, but he calls the plays. This is a post from Mansell back in September that I saved cause I knew it’d come in handy when people brought this up. That ship has sailed, he might go straight to HC at this point like Lanning. Maybe not somewhere as premier as Oregon, but he isn’t leaving UGA for another coordinator position.

F1104A6D-E430-492B-930A-CE3941A76190.png

isnt he at UGA still as CO-dc?

Yes, correct, I fvcked up and wrote that he went to Oregon with Lanning, but he stayed at Georgia with Smart.

I don't think we get him from Georgia, for the same reasons. He's got his own shop now.

It's one thing to tell Riley "hey, you can be OC at Miami and be out of Dykes' shadow". Riley has only been there for a year, and was plucked from the coaching convention candidates.

Schumann has been at UGa longer, and I don't feel like Smart overshadows his DC as much as Dykes can overshadow his OC.

Just my 2 cents.

In title, but he calls the plays. This is a post from Mansell back in September that I saved cause I knew it’d come in handy when people brought this up. That ship has sailed, he might go straight to HC at this point like Lanning. Maybe not somewhere as premier as Oregon, but he isn’t leaving UGA for another coordinator position.

View attachment 223493
its why he stayed at UGA compared to turning down mario at oregon and here. i dont disagree tbh bc w that defensive talent and structure in place, youll excel really quickly

View attachment 223493
Schuman was at the top of the DC board here. He didn’t want to move his family and he was promised play calling there.

Advertisement
I laughed hysterically when someone brought up that Cormani would sign elsewhere and Mario would announce DVD as CB coach in March… yo now that **** might be true 😂

Advertisement
Advertisement
The issue here is that Mario told CM that DVD would be his on field coach and made that promise, what is the hold up in bringing that promise to fruition?

Unfathomable Mario would risk losing McClain because he doesn’t want to fire Addae
Why does addae need to be fired? Who would replace him? DVD because DVD has maybe almost possibly landed McClain?

We have an unlimited budget no? So if there’s a replacement shouldn’t we be going for the best of the best ?

The issue here is that Mario told CM that DVD would be his on field coach and made that promise, what is the hold up in bringing that promise to fruition?

Mario?

Anyhow, the deck needs reshuffling. Not just a one-to-one substitution.

That's why it's so cute that the mopes think Mario's running it back with the same corching staff.

Has CM ever fired a coach? I'm not invested enough to do my own research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back