2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Brooklyndee ....your opinion on DVD coaching CBs??...Yay or Nay
That's tricky. The answer is gonna have to be yay or atleast in some capacity on field. But there's been a push to get Mike back on field too. Honestly for me that may be the best solution. A DVD/Mike combo like Mike and banda where now it's known who's responsible for what. But the DVD situation is far more urgent than Mike. DVD on his own as a positional coach I'm not crazy about. But it's the nature of the beast we're pushing.

Advertisement
That's tricky. The answer is gonna have to be yay or atleast in some capacity on field. But there's been a push to get Mike back on field too. Honestly for me that may be the best solution. A DVD/Mike combo like Mike and banda where now it's known who's responsible for what. But the DVD situation is far more urgent than Mike. DVD on his own as a positional coach I'm not crazy about. But it's the nature of the beast we're pushing.
Interesting take about the tandem of Mike and DVD, as you already know how I feel about Mike. I think having Mike in regards to the coaching part would be massive.

Not to pin you down, but what concerns do you have as him being on his own as a position coach?

Advertisement
Not to pin you down, but what concerns do you have as him being on his own as a position coach?
Mike was a **** good CB at UM....Wasn't the Lockdown corner PBuch was, but was an excellent tackler. And before anyone brings up the 99 Penn St debacle, it was Rumph who read the play, and jumped the route to have the ball careen off his thigh into Walter's hands vs Boston College in 01....

How did we go from not TRob to not Raymond to settling for Addae back to Mike vs DVD?

What happened the Rolodex of coaches that wanted to coach with Mario?
It wouldn't be Mike vs DVD....They'd be a tandem for the time being I'm sure. Anyone who thinks Mike can't coach CBs better than Addae, needs their heads examined. I'm quite sure Mike would relent the recruiting 100% to DVD.

Advertisement
It wouldn't be Mike vs DVD....They'd be a tandem for the time being I'm sure. Anyone who thinks Mike can't coach CBs better than Addae, needs their heads examined.

Not arguing with you here, but help me understand this line of reason if you can:

Every time someone brings up Mullen for OC, we hear Mario only wants coaches and recruiters.

So how does Mario moves Mike to an onfield role which requires recruiting, and it’s been said he doesn’t like it, make sense?

Not arguing with you here, but help me understand this line of reason if you can:

Every time someone brings up Mullen for OC, we hear Mario only wants coaches and recruiters.

So how does Mario moves Mike to an onfield role which requires recruiting, and it’s been said he doesn’t like it, make sense?
Again, it would be both Mike and DVD...Mike being there for the time being, assisting DVD in regards to coaching experience. Nothing wrong with that. I'm sure DVD could handle the recruiting aspect just fine.

So you’re telling me this comes down to Addae vs. Cormani? Fire/move Addae so that DVD can coach the No. 1 cornerback recruit in the nation?

How is this a tough decision to make?

Will Smith GIF

I don’t think most people here believe that even Gattis was told to look elsewhere.

Well, that's not true (about "most people"). They just happen to be the most vocal mopers.

FIU - OC Coley - lasted one year
FIU - OC Legg - lasted two years
FIU - DC Collins - lasted one year
FIU - OC Satterfield - lasted two years
FIU - whether OC Cramsey would have lasted more than one year or DC Orlando would have lasted more than two years, we may never know
FIU - total tenure - ONE coordinator who lasted three years, all other coordinators lasted one or two years
Oregon - DC Leavitt - lasted one year UNDER MARIO
Oregon - OC Arroyo - lasted two years UNDER MARIO
Oregon - DC Avalos - lasted two years
Oregon - OC Moorhed - lasted two years
Oregon - whether DeRuyter, Salave'a, and/or Wilson would have lasted longer as coordinators, we may never know
Oregon - total tenure - NO coordinator lasted more than two years under Mario

Now, I realize that some of the names above succeeded and moved on to better coaching jobs, while others failed. But at no point is there any sort of bizarre multi-year "I'm never gonna fire you, bro" approach like what Golden had with D'Onofrio or Mark Richt had with his son.

The fact remains, Mario seems to be "up or out" with his coordinators. Outside of "not firing Gattis fast enough for the Miami fanbase", he has yet to do anything out-of-character based on his past coaching history.

The people who CHOOSE NOT TO BELIEVE ANYTHING until the story hits the newspaper tend to be miserable by nature. And if they don't want to wait a few weeks for Mario to do whatever he is going to do, and any way he chooses to do so, that's up to them.

Advertisement
So you’re telling me this comes down to Addae vs. Cormani? Fire/move Addae so that DVD can coach the No. 1 cornerback recruit in the nation?

How is this a tough decision to make?

Will Smith GIF
It's not...I think a tandem of DVD and Rumph would be a massive upgrade over Addae, who I've heard from several people rubs recruits and parents the wrong way.

Well, that's not true (about "most people"). They just happen to be the most vocal mopers.

FIU - whether OC Cramsey would have lasted more than one year or DC Orlando would have lasted more than two years, we may never know
FIU - total tenure - ONE coordinator who lasted three years, all other coordinators lasted one or two years
Oregon - whether DeRuyter, Salave'a, and/or Wilson would have lasted longer as coordinators, we may never know

Now, I realize that some of the names above succeeded and moved on to better coaching jobs, while others failed. But at no point is there any sort of bizarre multi-year "I'm never gonna fire you, bro" approach like what Golden had with D'Onofrio or Mark Richt had with his son.

The fact remains, Mario seems to be "up or out" with his coordinators. Outside of "not firing Gattis fast enough for the Miami fanbase", he has yet to do anything out-of-character based on his past coaching history.

The people who CHOOSE NOT TO BELIEVE ANYTHING until the story hits the newspaper tend to be miserable by nature. And if they don't want to wait a few weeks for Mario to do whatever he is going to do, and any way he chooses to do so, that's up to them.
I agree, I’m just growing tired of trying to convince “people” to let it play out.

Advertisement
Again, it would be both Mike and DVD...Mike being there for the time being, assisting DVD in regards to coaching experience. Nothing wrong with that. I'm sure DVD could handle the recruiting aspect just fine.
So who leaves the staff? Adding Mike and DVD while releasing Addae puts the count at 11.

bruh I literally said the grant aid paperwork dpesn't mean anything "unless" he's going to be an EE. Otherwise nothing on 1/15 means anything bec he still has to be recruited until Feb when he can sign a NLI.
Yes. And I agreed with you. Just pointing out to everyone that it's the second best gesture we can hope for from Cormani

@TheOriginalCane ....the Mediterranean Deli on Fairbanks and Adanson is STILL ridiculous....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back