2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had time for 1 more honorary mention before New Year. She might be top 3 next year.
Screenshot_20221230_154358_Instagram.jpg

Advertisement
Bluestein (a respected part of the recruiting community) did quite a long interview with a former cane (Donno) and said quite clearly that he understands that a documentary is being filmed about Cormani and that he cannot give interviews (about recruiting) because he gave the production crew an exclusive. It did not sound like a rumor at all. IBlustein's a pretty serious professional.
I listened to that whole interview. He said that Mama McClain told local guys/fan sites he had exclusive agreement with the documentary people. Not even the local Lakeland paper got an interview. He also said that Cormani was chopping it up with David Wilson and Navarro at the state Championship game and that he took a photo of them that the Athletic used on their site. the moment the conversation turned to anything related to recruiting/school, etc. Cormani clammed up. Navarro said that Cormani told him quietly he wasn't allowed to speak about Miami.

Advertisement
If he’s filming a documentary why was there a signing ceremony planned for him that he needed to cancel? Did he just decide to do the documentary 2 weeks ago? Or was this all planned just to create drama? You would think if his recruitment is being taped and wanted drama and surprise, he would’ve just committed and signed on ESD instead of 2 months beforehand.

If he’s filming a documentary why was there a signing ceremony planned for him that he needed to cancel? Did he just decide to do the documentary 2 weeks ago? Or was this all planned just to create drama? You would think if his recruitment is being taped and wanted drama and surprise, he would’ve just committed and signed on ESD instead of 2 months beforehand.
It’s reasonable to deduce that there was some hangup with transcript. Even if he was trolling us and another school swooped in and got him, that all could have happened during the ESD period. The counter argument is he wanted all the attention but that could have been accomplished that Friday before XMas cause almost everyone signed on Wednesday. As stated, I’m not sure anything is set in stone and the situation is as been described and that is fluid. Now him not signing does open the door for another school and reality is that can still happen.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
So, my last contribution to the "documentary" reports... I'll wait to see what happens in the next few weeks....

Shodell just posted the following in response to numerous posters on that site saying many of the same things being said here:

"so where this all came from is a reporter was interviewing Cormani, and his mother came up to the reporter and said Cormani's not talking to you, he's only talking for our documentary. That was that. Anyway, that reporter who I just spoke to is unsure if that meant Cormani's family is documenting his process or what. There's no film crew anyone has seen around him, there has been a young guy with a regular camera like you or I would have who has followed Cormani a bit this week, but that's about it. Spoke to Blustein too, he's just basing his info on that prior reporter's story. Larry's not sure what's going on or if there is a documentary for that matter. So I'm really not sure what to tell you guys. I'm giving you the info from the source that has become this big hubbub about the documentary. And that's your 5:18 p.m. update"

WRONG

What started it is the kid making the comment. Reporters from all sites ran with it.

I have yet to see a quote, where he says he’s “signing“ on the 15th. Feel free to link me to him saying that or to an article where he’s actually quoted.

Because as it stands right now, I haven’t seen one legitimate quote of him, saying he’s signing anything.

So, my last contribution to the "documentary" reports... I'll wait to see what happens in the next few weeks....

Shodell just posted the following in response to numerous posters on that site saying many of the same things being said here:

"so where this all came from is a reporter was interviewing Cormani, and his mother came up to the reporter and said Cormani's not talking to you, he's only talking for our documentary. That was that. Anyway, that reporter who I just spoke to is unsure if that meant Cormani's family is documenting his process or what. There's no film crew anyone has seen around him, there has been a young guy with a regular camera like you or I would have who has followed Cormani a bit this week, but that's about it. Spoke to Blustein too, he's just basing his info on that prior reporter's story. Larry's not sure what's going on or if there is a documentary for that matter. So I'm really not sure what to tell you guys. I'm giving you the info from the source that has become this big hubbub about the documentary. And that's your 5:18 p.m. update"

So Barstool Deion Films…

One thing I will say about the Cormani situation is anyone supporting Gary Ferman and his site should think twice. That site puts him on blast every chance they can. They all seem upset that he has not given them access. Does not help our cause when he is constantly criticizing one of our top recruits. I canceled my membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back