2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, everything that @Cribby has said is reliable as to what he has been told. So I'm just clarifying, this is not a @Cribby issue at all. If the option is to say absolutely nothing at all, and to let all of the inaccurate but weirdly-worshipped sportswriters post all their false stories, I guess we could go in that direction. And that's not a knock on you, I'm just saying that generally.

Second, when it comes to "it's complicated", all of that depends on how much or little you want to repeat. I can say this, and @Cribby can back me up on this...one particular story that was told was so very strange, that I told @Cribby I had never heard of such a thing in the 35 years since I started teaching SAT/ACT prep.

Finally, I tried to boil this down to a simple flow-chart...

A. Cormani has graduated high school and is eligible to enroll in college in January. If this is true, there has been MASSIVE misdirection, massive lying, and I can't even imagine why. Even Cormani's assertions that he would not be an early enrollee would support this storyline (which may prove false, we will know in a few weeks).

B. Cormani has NOT graduated high school and might be eligible to enroll in college this summmer. I this is true, then SOME of the stories MIGHT be true, or some might be smokescreens for other true explanations of what actually happened. Regardless of the REASON, one would accurately surmise that this has SOME SORT of connection to NCAA Clearinghouse standards. But it's not "UM Admissions". It's not "cumulative 4-year GPA". It's not "one Polk County public high school altered a transcript when a student transferred to another Polk County public high school".

Most of the other possible reasons are still on the table, though.

In reference to point number one, what is all this drivel about him “signing“ on January 15, which was started by that Cane sports site, and then repeated by Manny “I use other peoples statements as my own reporting“ Navarro?

C15FE4A4-C3EC-40A1-BFF5-0D5B6B2DF351.jpeg

6FAD0C98-5B33-4086-8C97-7C4224931660.jpeg

Aside from the fact that Manny is the worst, and he uses other peoples articles, and or Twitter posts to pretend he’s developing his own information, any comments on this?

Advertisement
First, everything that @Cribby has said is reliable as to what he has been told. So I'm just clarifying, this is not a @Cribby issue at all. If the option is to say absolutely nothing at all, and to let all of the inaccurate but weirdly-worshipped sportswriters post all their false stories, I guess we could go in that direction. And that's not a knock on you, I'm just saying that generally.

Second, when it comes to "it's complicated", all of that depends on how much or little you want to repeat. I can say this, and @Cribby can back me up on this...one particular story that was told was so very strange, that I told @Cribby I had never heard of such a thing in the 35 years since I started teaching SAT/ACT prep.

A. Cormani has graduated high school and is eligible to enroll in college in January. If this is true, there has been MASSIVE misdirection, massive lying, and I can't even imagine why. Even Cormani's assertions that he would not be an early enrollee would support this storyline (which may prove false, we will know in a few weeks).

B. Cormani has NOT graduated high school and might be eligible to enroll in college this summmer. I this is true, then SOME of the stories MIGHT be true, or some might be smokescreens for other true explanations of what actually happened. Regardless of the REASON, one would accurately surmise that this has SOME SORT of connection to NCAA Clearinghouse standards. But it's not "UM Admissions". It's not "cumulative 4-year GPA". It's not "one Polk County public high school altered a transcript when a student transferred to another Polk County public high school".

everything @TheOriginalCane stated above should be pinned somehow. It is the post that best describes the situation.

****, what a mess.

So the insiders are getting more contradictions than we are. The complicated part is knowing what information to believe, if any.

No wonder there has been radio silence. When the people you trust can’t trust what they’re being told, there is no point dealing with the mongoloid horde.

In reference to point number one, what is all this drivel about him “signing“ on January 15, which was started by that Cane sports site, and then repeated by Manny “I use other peoples statements as my own reporting“ Navarro?

View attachment 222777
View attachment 222779

Aside from the fact that Manny is the worst, and he uses other peoples articles, and or Twitter posts to pretend he’s developing his own information, any comments on this?

I will be completely honest about this.

If you were a writer, and you got information DIRECTLY FROM THE RECRUIT, why would you then write it up as "according to sources, the expectation was" yada yada yada.

Instead...it took a TEAM of cross-examination experts to pin Manny down on his bullcrap, and force him to FINALLY explain what Cormani told him.

Possible explanations? Maybe Manny misunderstood. Maybe he took some vague language and tried to turn it into a juicy scoop. Maybe it was bullcrap and he desperately contacted Cormani afterwards to try to get clarity. I have no idea which is the best explanation, though.

My best guess is that someone...Cormani...or "sources"...told Manny (and/or others) that they thought a decision would be made by 1/15. Did Cormani tell Manny he was actually having a non-signing Signing Ceremony on Sunday, January 15th at the Chuck E. Cheese on US Highway 98, by I-4 exit 32? Who knows. But as a writer, you should be double-checking everything.

---the date is a Sunday on a holiday weekend
---LOIs cannot be signed then
---what does that date MEAN, since nothing is binding (either his word or a financial aid agreement)
---when will the actual ENROLLMENT take place
---and if he can't enroll until the summer, why have a "financial aid agreement" signing ceremony on 1/15 when you could actually have a real signing ceremony at your high school two weeks later when you can sign an actual binding LOI

I mean, why is it that I MYSELF can pop these questions out of my brain in about 10 seconds, and an entire team of paid professional sportswriters who have been covering recruiting for years cannot do it?

I can't prove what Manny was told and when. But his EXPLANATIONS of the process and the timeline are bullcrap. And the fact that multiple people had to torture those explanations out of him is suspect at best.

If you were a writer, and you got information DIRECTLY FROM THE RECRUIT, why would you then write it up as "according to sources, the expectation was" yada yada yada.

Instead...it took a TEAM of cross-examination experts to pin Manny down on his bullcrap, and force him to FINALLY explain what Cormani told him.

Possible explanations? Maybe Manny misunderstood. Maybe he took some vague language and tried to turn it into a juicy scoop. Maybe it was bullcrap and he desperately contacted Cormani afterwards to try to get clarity. I have no idea which is the best explanation, though.

My best guess is that someone...Cormani...or "sources"...told Manny (and/or others) that they thought a decision would be made by 1/15. Did Cormani tell Manny he was actually having a non-signing Signing Ceremony on Sunday, January 15th at the Chuck E. Cheese on US Highway 98, by I-4 exit 32? Who knows. But as a writer, you should be double-checking everything.

---what does that date MEAN, since nothing is binding (either his word or a financial aid agreement)
---and if he can't enroll until the summer, why have a "financial aid agreement" signing ceremony on 1/15 when you could actually have a real signing ceremony at your high school two weeks later when you can sign an actual binding LOI

I mean, why is it that I MYSELF can pop these questions out of my brain in about 10 seconds, and an entire team of paid professional sportswriters who have been covering recruiting for years cannot do it?

I can't prove what Manny was told and when. But his EXPLANATIONS of the process and the timeline are bullcrap. And the fact that multiple people had to torture those explanations out of him is suspect at best.
The best and brightest aren't going into journalism and certainly not sports journalism.

Advertisement
****, what a mess.

So the insiders are getting more contradictions than we are. The complicated part is knowing what information to believe, if any.

No wonder there has been radio silence. When the people you trust can’t trust what they’re being told, there is no point dealing with the mongoloid horde.

Yes sir. This is why I have narrowed down what I say to provable things. Like, "you can't sign an LOI on January 15th".

We will be able to test everything else...once the full story is better-known.

To put it a little more succinctly, I think Manny is full of shlt, and he struggles to get accurate information and scoops out there, so he just pulls stuff from other people. I hate to badmouth people like this, but the guy is so fūcking unreliable. This makes any information he posts on social media totally unreliable…. and him “talking“ to Cormani, he was probably in a scrum with other reporters, and yelled something - don’t even know if he was answered directly.

To put it a little more succinctly, I think Manny is full of shlt, and he struggles to get accurate information and scoops out there, so he just pulls stuff from other people. I hate to badmouth people like this, but the guy is so fūcking unreliable. This makes any information he posts on social media totally unreliable…. and him “talking“ to Cormani, he was probably in a scrum with other reporters, and yelled something - don’t even know if he was answered directly.
F- Manny Navarro....

Advertisement
If CM was to be an EE he wouldn‘t have to sign anything but financial aid papers then just show up to the school of his choosing. I don’t understand the whole “signing on the 15-17th “ stuff being thrown around. That said I was always told he’d likely enroll in Feb, that always seemed to be the plan. Maybe that info has changed but I personally haven’t been told that.

The only part that is weird is February "enrollment". Which is just not possible, unless he was choosing a school on the "quarters" system.

And before anyone freaks the fvck out...

Colorado:
1672421876539.png

Alabama:
1672421940513.png

If CM was to be an EE he wouldn‘t have to sign anything but financial aid papers then just show up to the school of his choosing. I don’t understand the whole “signing on the 15-17th “ stuff being thrown around. That said I was always told he’d likely enroll in Feb, that always seemed to be the plan. Maybe that info has changed but I personally haven’t been told that.

The real ones appreciate all you do.

You don’t get paid enough for this gig.

Leftover Publix cake. Duh...

;)

I think you nailed it with the "scrum" angle. You are smart enough and experienced enough to understand the signficance of this, and how so many other writers can "post the same information".

Advertisement
I spoke to Manny before people started questioning him, he told me 1/15 was a ceremony.

I think you nailed it with the "scrum" angle. You are smart enough and experienced enough to understand the signficance of this, and how so many other writers can "post the same information".

Yeah, he’s kind of getting dissected a little bit on Twitter, or was yesterday anyway.

Advertisement
The only part of that is weird is February "enrollment". Which is just not possible, unless he was choosing a school on the "quarters" system.

And before anyone freaks the fvck out...

Colorado:
View attachment 222781

Alabama:
View attachment 222782

I have seen classes that don’t start at the beginning of the term. He may enroll earlier but have classes with a later start date. Didn’t attend UM so have no idea how they rollout their schedule over the course of a semester.

I spoke to Manny before people started questioning him, he told me 1/15 was a ceremony.

But he was also repeating the “signs on the 15th“ stuff, which I doubt he got from Cormani, but pulled it from that Canesport post. He’s trying to imply that Cormani told him he was signing on the 15th, but that never happened, so he basically told an outright lie.

Yeah he’s either graduating early and enrolling somewhere in January for a spring semester, or he’s not, he’s signing in February and enrolling in the summer/fall somewhere.

This “January 15th” thing is completely irrelevant and nonsense. This isn’t difficult. His situation is really no different than any other recruit, in terms of his options depending on his high school standing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back