2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see it that way. They pushed it back. Who knows, build more drama. I feel they have too strong a relationship with DVD for it to gp down like that.

He could have told DVD the situation as not to troll him. I really doubt he signs here after listening to Larry

Advertisement
The Josh Newberg things is a red herring... Sam S. "source" saying "definitely not signing with Canes" doesn't say when or what type of signing, etc, and is old news/ Josh saying he refused to comment to reporters is click-bait-bogus too, as SI reliably reported he was asked by reporters today if he's a Canes commit and his answer was to flash the "U".

What makes sense (and is logically hopeful) is that with NIL "immediate money" being delayed and hijacked by transcripts or whatever affecting EE, the reports this afternoon from one of the best guys in Florida (Larry B.) is that Mom has been telling people at the Lakeland game and after "you can't interview him he has an exclusive" as cameras followed him around. Some media entity apparently made a separate allowable NIL deal that isn't dependent on enrolling and involves an exclusive documentary, and therefore the family can get paid right away (or soon) for whatever mama has purchased or needs/wants.

So (maybe) the deal says "cannot be interviewed or discuss with reporters"... Good ol smart Mani got around that by wearing the "U" and a flash!!

(*...and the Documentary "announcement" is probably Jan 15...)

Last edited:
Advertisement
The Josh Newberg things is a red herring... Sam S. "source" saying "definitely not signing with Canes" doesn't say when or what type of signing, etc, and is old news/ Josh saying he refused to comment to reporters is click-bait-bogus too, as SI reliably reported he was asked by reporters today if he's a Canes commit and his answer was to flash the "U".

What makes sense (and is logically hopeful) is that with NIL "immediate money" being delayed and hijacked by transcripts or whatever affecting EE, the reports this afternoon from one of the best guys in Florida (Larry B.) is that Mom has been telling people at the Lakeland game and after "you can't interview him he has an exclusive" as cameras followed him around. Some media entity apparently made a separate allowable NIL deal that isn't dependent on enrolling and involves an exclusive documentary, and therefore the family can get paid right away (or soon) for whatever mama has purchased or needs/wants.

So (maybe) the deal says "cannot be interviewed or discuss with reporters"... Good ol smart Mani got around that by wearing the "U" and a flash!!

BAMA

So is this “media deal” possibly a creative work-around of our doing or on our behalf to get him some upfront money and maintain his commitment?

Advertisement
So a media company buys his rights for some shady reason just so he can sign with Miami? What’s the point? That, with info from Cribby and others about him not signing here I think it’s banana in tailpipe season

Cormani himself said today that he's going to Miami, right? I don't give a **** what Newberg says. I'll take Cormani's word over his source's source.
his source has a 57% hit rate on player forecasts. Makes the Colorado
guy look like Wiltfong

Advertisement
Then why was his situation "trending in the wrong direction"?
I’m asking questions, not stating certainties. However, with the fluidity of recruiting and specifically this recruit, “trending in the wrong direction” at the time of those posts several days ago is old news today and may or may not be the current trend of his recruitment.

Not quite top 3 but honorary mention
View attachment 222677
Ice Cube Friday GIF by HBO Max

Probably going to Colorado and barstool wants it part of their deion documentary they have been working on. Probably paid Cormani well to keep silent

Advertisement
I’ve been as pessimistic as anyone. But he has went out of his way to throw up the U, wear Miami gear, say he’s committed. Unless Mario or Miami did something personal to him, he would have to be a really low person to antagonize and incite like that.

I’ve got faith that Miami and Mario did nothing wrong personally to him and that he is a good kid. I like our chances from what we’ve seen today.

I’ve been as pessimistic as anyone. But he has went out of his way to throw up the U, wear Miami gear, say he’s committed. Unless Mario or Miami did something personal to him, he would have to be a really low person to antagonize and incite like that.

I’ve got faith that Miami and Mario did nothing wrong personally to him and that he is a good kid. I like our chances from what we’ve seen today.
Agreed... If he had a media deal and was going elsewhere, seems like he would have just worn neutral clothing and not gone out of his way to make it seem like he was still committed to Miami.

Neutral clothing would have created even more speculation and hype/value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back