2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for being long winded here but I’ve told this to many dog parents.

When we brought our Norfolk Terrier home in July of ‘99, we immediately took her to the vet for a check up and she was declared a healthy puppy. We fenced in the back yard so she would have her own realm to roam.

I have several flower beds that I would put bagged hardwood mulch in. When our dog was about 3, she started eating the mulch like it was dog treats. Made her sick a couple of times and we rushed her to the vet for treatment. Both the vet and I decided it would be a good idea to remove the mulch so I took it all out and replaced it with pea rock.

About a year later at 4 years old, Kadee developed a heart murmur. We monitored it closely but even after some meds, her heart continued to grow to the point her heart literally exploded one Sat morning. She was 7.

The vet and I never thought of a correlation between Kadee eating the mulch and her heart condition. A couple of years later, the local news station ran an expose’ about hardwood mulch being treated with a chemical one molecule different than antifreeze. And we all know antifreezes has a sweet taste to dogs but is very harmful if they ingest it. The chemical was used to rid the mulch of pests and keep it from molding.

Several dog owners had put 2 and 2 together and filed complaints that their dogs were eating the mulch and getting sick. I almost fell out of my recliner. I have no evidence to support the mulch was the cause of my dogs illness but it sure was compelling.

As far as I know, the mulch companies have discontinued the use of that chemical. If you use bagged hardwood mulch, please be aware of this. I would hate to hear of other dogs becoming sick from ingesting treated mulch.
Good to know. Will use on neighbors barking dog tonight. Wish me luck.

Advertisement
Dog person here...

Screenshot_20211216-222133_One UI Home.jpg

My little sunshine... passed away three years ago. She made me a dog person.

She is in a vase in my parents house, along with a picture. We have a light where she is in ingraved. Meant everything to me and my family. Once she passed away, life was never the same.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
This has to be one of the unfunniest, brain cell depleting threads in the history of the internet.

Believe me, I should know.
The best time to make it better is right now.

This is one of the funniest jokes according to science.
A guy is sitting at home when he hears a knock at the door. He opens the door and sees a snail on the porch. He picks up the snail and throws it as far as he can. Three years later there’s a knock on the door. He opens it and sees the same snail. The snail says: ‘What the **** was that all about?’

Here's something educational, use an obscure word when you're feeling scripturient.

No need to thank me.

Advertisement
We should get some quotes to take with a grain of salt starting with the under Armour game practices on Thursday. Good news is he is on the same team as all of our guys per 247. Hopefully they can stay in his ear enough.
****....I forgot it's in Orlando. Might have to drive from SWFl to chk it out. @TheOriginalCane ...you gonna be in Orlando Jan 3rd??....if you are, I'll kill 2 birds with one stone, and chk the game out, and see my Buddy who lives off of Edgewater Dr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back