2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
titanic night GIF

As a "PATIENT" self proclaimed BIGGEST HURRICANE supporter... I have to remind folks that these are "KIDS ages 16-18",that are making life changing decisions on their future... Not yours! Relax

As a self proclaimed "BIGGEST CANES" supporter.Need I remind you that these are "kids 16-18" that are making life changing decisions FOR THEM... NOT YOU. Relax will you!

Advertisement
Thanks brother! I went direct smoke for about 10 hrs before I wrapped it. Total cook time was 14 hrs plus 1 hr resting at room temp before serving.

Oak and hickory are my go-to's for beef. I like a bold smoke profile that smacks you in the mouth without being bitter, which is why I wrap once I get the desired color.
Do you use tallow or inject or anything? I’ve only ever done 1 full brisket before and didn’t like the way it turned out and have steered clear for a bit with how the prices skyrocketed on brisket for awhile. Might give it a go again here after the first of the year but for price and results I’ve been sticking with Chuck roasts. Any tips you got shoot me a PM.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Man, as much as I cook & bbq, I’ve never smoked a brisket. I’m finally going to get a smoker next yr; I’m determined. I feel like that’s the ultimate badge of honor, when u can smoke a good brisket or pork butt. I used to have a client who did competition BBQ tournaments in Reno, KC, & GA. Opened up his own restaurant for about 4 yrs b4 going back to competition.

Had the privilege to see him smoke a whole hog & break it down. I provided the collards, lobster mac & cheese, yams, & sweet corn bread, while he & his wife provided stuffed jalapeños wrapped w/ fresh bacon, brisket, shoulder & butt meat chopped, & ribs. It was a cool community send off, but I told him it was my goal to get on the smoke level. U just re-motivated me, brotha.
I'd suggest starting with pork butt as it's much more forgiving. Use chunks, not chips and remember that the thick white smoke can make the bark bitter.

Or ask @Baba Yaga and follow his instructions to the letter because that brisket looks great.

He was on the field for like 10 plays last year. A bit too early to make a definitive judgment.
So weird how people can watch one play and be like “oh he’s no good” even though the same people were probably trashing Kam for blown coverages until he became an AA

Kid was a freshman that shouldn’t have had to play last year but because we were so terrible, he did

Anyway, I’m not expecting him to push for a starter role or anything but I was very intrigued with him out of high school

Advertisement
I'd suggest starting with pork butt as it's much more forgiving. Use chunks, not chips and remember that the thick white smoke can make the bark bitter.

Or ask @Baba Yaga and follow his instructions to the letter because that brisket looks great.
This is great advice. Depending on what kind of smoker you have (I started with one of those BGE styles) it can take some practice. It’s really hard to mess up a pork butt. Once you get that down, go for the brisket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back