2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
the difference would be florida state law
Maybe this NIL stuff (and the rules) is too new, but anyone know if a high-schooler can be signed for promotional purposes? and if its a high-schooler who has signed an intent to go to college XYZ, wouldn't that be allowed as well?

Ok man, you don't seem to be taking the graduation thing seriously. Smokescreen after smokescreen, is how it appears outside looking in. Thought maybe Miami contingent was taking the bullet for the kid in an effort to sort things out. If it's not academics one would think leverage was being applied. Bag-chading comes to mind, but not necessarily. Just not adding up.

Am I concerned with whether he enrolls in January or June? I'm not so worried about that.

I just wish people would enter 2022 (or 2023) and not treat this situation like it's 1990 and the kid is a Prop 48 recruit...

Advertisement
Maybe this NIL stuff (and the rules) is too new, but anyone know if a high-schooler can be signed for promotional purposes? and if its a high-schooler who has signed an intent to go to college XYZ, wouldn't that be allowed as well?
Great question I don’t know. The rumor was that Rashada could be because California didn’t have the same strict rules that Florida did but I’m unaware just speculating

Advertisement
if we are only offering money at enrollment / graduation (which ruiz consistently explains is what he does) and another program is offering now (old school bag drop)

I would say that's rationale

but then again, these are big words i'm using so I'm not sure how else to explain other possibilities

That is not what you posted.

Here is what you posted.

CFF0F83A-E4C2-40C3-9D92-85A983E62973.jpeg

Most people in the 407 are borderline moronic. You’re on the very left of the 407 bell curve.

Advertisement
NIL holdup. He has multiple offers on the table, and they are doing their due diligence as they should before he signs anything or to anyone.

Ya'll relax.

Advertisement
if we are only offering money at enrollment / graduation (which ruiz consistently explains is what he does) and another program is offering now (old school bag drop)

I would say that's rationale

but then again, these are big words i'm using so I'm not sure how else to explain other possibilities

Lots of misstated facts in your post.

First, John Ruiz says that he follows all state laws. But 12 states allow high-school-aged athletes to do NIL deals. Think about 16 year old tennis or soccer prodigies. But it can also apply to football.

Second, "old school bag drop" is illicit money. Paying NIL money to a player in high school UNDER RELEVANT STATE LAW is not "old school bag drop".

Third, there are people who know more about the facts and the legal technicalities who are working on solutions, so let's not invent our own alternate universe where everyone at Miami just found saw Cormani's transcripts for the very first time, and Cormani has to go to JuCo like it's 1998, and Miami has lost him forever, and Deion Sanders has figured out a loophole to enroll Cormani at Colorado in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back