2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
on3 report above says it was confirmed that he's not graduating early so my assumption is based on that

on3 is not always reliable but why would they "confirm" that right now if it wasn't accurate
Idk but 247 has him as a EE

you aren't signing this kid for immediate lockdown play in '23, its '24 and '25 you are hoping on getting all conference/all american type play out of him
agreed but if he truly isn't an EE anymore as on3 states, then that really reduces his experience learned and reps this year

not only that but if he doesn't put himself in the best position to play significant this year (by being an EE) then I would venture to say he's a significant threat to portal in a year anyways

Advertisement
Good thing we got Brown regardless. Kid is already 6’1 190 and will probably play early because he is physically mature. That to me is the biggest difference with Mario. If Cormani left with a different staff there would not be a guy half as good behind him. We have two top 200 guys ready to go. Hope he signs because he is a difference maker.

Pretty sure signing day winners/losers is referring to the moves that happen on signing day.

Losing our biggest recruit would probably count as a loss under those circumstances.

People are getting way too bent out of shape about that dumb 247 article, that has way less of an impact than people think.

Let's say we lost Cormani (which hasn't happened yet), we also signed Damari. So whatever the "loss" was, it was heavily mitigated.

On the other hand, F$U lost its "second biggest recruit" and did not get a replacement on Signing Day.

Now...who is the "winner" and who is the "loser" again?

And I wouldn't care if Ivins had limited his comments to a post on thread on one of the ITU boards. But he published it as a wide release article, so it's on everyone's phones. You can't avoid it, and it isn't even close to being accurate (Ivins pretty much acknowledged that on Joe Rose this morning).

No, you’ve generalized your point. Schools push writers to create stories all the time. I never disagreed with that.

Your point was way more specific. You said that yesterday schools pushed writers to create stories about Cormani’s interest in other schools. And I said that no writer on the UF or Bama side has said that at all. Rather, any rumor of Cormani’s interest in other schools came probably from Cormani own actions… because he didn’t sign with the school he’s committed to… Suggesting that he’s thinking things over.
247 writers don't communicate with each other. They are a completely isolated species and they totally, never, ever, EVER share any information to benefit their company and their clicks.

Ivins and Wiltfong for example TOTALLY don't sleep in the same bed.

I hope I have made it obvious enough.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back