2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
he got overshadowed by Parsons as far as defensive rookies go but he was a baller and everyone seems to agree he's going to be one of the best corners in the NFL very soon
So he was worth the hype....in always skeptical of bama corners cause that front seven. I hope we start getting skeptical of our corners when Mario build a monster front 7. Can't wait.corners will be easy to recruit if u put a NFL front in front of them.

he got overshadowed by Parsons as far as defensive rookies go but he was a baller and everyone seems to agree he's going to be one of the best corners in the NFL very soon

This. Parsons was simply absurd, so he got all the DPOY hype, but in a normal year, Surtain would have been right there. He was fantastic this year, as everyone expected him to be. McClain is the same way. Barring injury he will be a Top 10-15 pick at worst in 2026. 3 years and out, multi-millionaire high NFL pick.

But yes, Surtain was serious this year.

Advertisement
So he was worth the hype....in always skeptical of bama corners cause that front seven. I hope we start getting skeptical of our corners when Mario build a monster front 7. Can't wait.corners will be easy to recruit if u put a NFL front in front of them.
Bama has put out some good talent in the secondary. In terms of CBs Humphrey and Diggs are two of the best in the league. The Bama bust stuff was real in the first 3-4 years of Saban’s run but since then they have put out some talent.

Bama has put out some good talent in the secondary. In terms of CBs Humphrey and Diggs are two of the best in the league. The Bama bust stuff was real in the first 3-4 years of Saban’s run but since then they have put out some talent.
Facts they put out monsters that myth I never understood even early. Ingram was performing and others too. That bust thing was us cane fans jealous cause we had that before. It was the one thing we had that we could say.

Advertisement
I think where Mario wins the battles is in his passion but his honesty. As stated, he probably is lead recruiter or heavily involved based on these statistics. His job is stable (as long as he wins) with a 10 year contract. So he can sell that he’ll be there 10 years and being honest that db coaches generally don’t stay more than 2 years but he’ll always bring in top notch coaches will win more people over than not

Death nail with bums in charge. Bain can say the same thing but you wouldn't think death nail. Plus we got Lance coaching that boy. And His momma loves Cristobal. They were really impressed by the Visit. Know who else Momma enjoyed the visit? Matthew McCoy from up in Gator territory. Once she tweeted i knew he was gonna pick us. These kids and their parents or guardians getting the red carpet. No more amateur hour.

Btw i remember arguing with Liberty about why we did not get Louisiana kids, and in less than 2 weeks i was proven right. Lets go

What was the content of that discussion?

I‘ve always felt we should do well in Louisiana, especially in the more populated areas. Those guys like Miami and the lifestyle.

What was the content of that discussion?

I‘ve always felt we should do well in Louisiana, especially in the more populated areas. Those guys like Miami and the lifestyle.
We should be able to pluck nationally as well I'm expecting that with Mario. We getting back to the old Miami.

Advertisement
We should be able to pluck nationally as well I'm expecting that with Mario. We getting back to the old Miami.

All day.

You have to be pretty bad to not know how to sell Miami.

With good coaching and personable recruiting, we should be in play for any kid, especially those from the city.

This. Parsons was simply absurd, so he got all the DPOY hype, but in a normal year, Surtain would have been right there. He was fantastic this year, as everyone expected him to be. McClain is the same way. Barring injury he will be a Top 10-15 pick at worst in 2026. 3 years and out, multi-millionaire high NFL pick.

But yes, Surtain was serious this year.
McClain as a HS/prospect is better than Surtian ever thought of being just my opinion. Just gotta see how he’s developed. Like you said he’s 1st round without reaching his full potential.

Easy to do now that they can cherry pick who they want though, our time is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back