2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Really? That good? Generational talent? Like Derek Stingley Jr. good? Hmm. Why? Can you break that down for me?
I’m not an analyst or a scout. But I’ve followed recruiting for a long time and I’d say he’s a generational talent at CB. He’s got all the tools in the world to be one of the best CBs in the NFL in the future.

He’s listed at 6’2 but looks to be pushing 6’3. His arms & legs are so long. Has excellent ball skills as he plays both ways. Hips are what set him aside. Has the best hips for a HS DB I’ve seen in a long long time. He can also tackle and doesn’t shy away from contact.

This kid could probably go 1st round now. His arms are like 3/4 of his body length. He is fast and quick. Definition of a shut down. I think he comes here. Lance coaches him like Personal trainer these kids be having these days and his mom loves, loves DVD. Thats 2 ins right there. And Mario gonna have everyone including himself on his *** throughout.

With his talent, the SEC teams are not gonna just go away. They probably have the boosters point to where the bag is. The thing i love is he is on South Florida Express and is in South Florida alot and will be throughout the summer.
Plus Mario always gives us a punchers chance but I just can’t get excited about the prospects of signing a 5 star from Lakeland.

I’m not an analyst or a scout. But I’ve followed recruiting for a long time and I’d say he’s a generational talent at CB. He’s got all the tools in the world to be one of the best CBs in the NFL in the future.

He’s listed at 6’2 but looks to be pushing 6’3. His arms & legs are so long. Has excellent ball skills as he plays both ways. Hips are what set him aside. Has the best hips for a HS DB I’ve seen in a long long time. He can also tackle and doesn’t shy away from contact.
Appreciate that. I’ll look at his clips.

Advertisement

I mean, as a general statement he is right. Coaches jump ship so often and it must be odd for say like a Trob talking up UM so much, prob some negative recruiting against Bama, then go to Bama and now trying to spin it and sell Bama and potentially negative recruit against UM, the school you was just tryin to get him to come to. Makes the whole process appear disingenuous.

T-Rob is a clown for that move cause some of these Florida kids not even paying attention to him. He’ll have to recruit outside of Florida. He wants to be known as the best recruiter, and at Miami… you really have to put in work. **** not easy to sell 15 years worth of crap to a top notch kid. He found that out quick. Lol. So T-Rob simply Kevin Durant the situation and went the easy route to get that title.

Advertisement
I mean, as a general statement he is right. Coaches jump ship so often and it must be odd for say like a Trob talking up UM so much, prob some negative recruiting against Bama, then go to Bama and now trying to spin it and sell Bama and potentially negative recruit against UM, the school you was just tryin to get him to come to. Makes the whole process appear disingenuous.
same thing with Addae.. who was a few days ago recruiting him to UGA and probably negatively talking against UM as well.. and now he's here =)..

DVD has been consistent though..

how many times do the grownups in the room say this: "pick a college, NOT a position coach!"

don't know what it will take to get the kids to listen
Sure but interpersonal relationships are real and just can’t be completely ignored when dealing with kids this age.

Advertisement
The process is disingenuous. This is crootin'. You spend a few years showering these kids with praise and kissing their *** and once they are yours, you have to de-program them and let them know that the recruiting process was all fun and games and now the real work begins. Some kids adjust; others want to be recruited and showered with praise throughout their college years and stay in that mindset and never become anything at this level.

Advertisement
i think he's saying that about UGA, not Miami.. i know TRob left but that was awhile ago.. he already has a relationship with Addae and DVD
If it was about UGA, then he was considering commiting there.. i think he's making a general statement about the turnover and how it affects his recruitment.

Mario made this point himself in his signing day press conference when he said the average time spent on a staff by a DB coach is less than two years. he understands that at the end of the day the lead recruiter is the head coach and he takes it upon himself to build the kind of relationship with every recruit that a position coach or area recruiter traditionally would. this is why we'll be positioned to win a lot of battles going forward. Mario isn't under the allusion that you can farm out relationships to assistant coaches that may jump somewhere else at any point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back