2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
That number isn’t that crazy.

$2.5 Million looks incredible because players getting "publicly" paid is new. But compared to the profits from Florida football, how much value do you think Cormani brings in for Florida football? It is not $200k a year.

Plus he's a 5 star cornerback , top 10 player, from the feeder high school, so add in the florida fans support, recruiting momentum, perception of the program by getting him, you have to add that value into the final number also....

Advertisement
$2.5 Million looks incredible because players getting "publicly" paid is new. But compared to the profits from Florida football, how much value do you think Cormani brings in for Florida football? It is not $200k a year.

Plus he's a 5 star cornerback , top 10 player, from the feeder high school, so add in the florida fans support, recruiting momentum, perception of the program by getting him, you have to add that value into the final number also....
I know UM has a great offer on the table. I don’t know the other schools but UM has to be in their ball park.

I'd love to hear how they determine a players value at the collegiate level. There has to be some formula I am sure. But College is about a brand in most cases. The name on the front of the jersey carries way more value then the one of the back. Yeah sure you know the best players...maybe buy their jerseys but they are in the spotlight on average 1-2 years 3 on those really rare occasions. Then the next guy comes in.

I just feel like NIL is still so new this is going to look a lot different in 5 years and the off the book stuff will start to return because businesses arent going to keep spending absurd amounts on kids who flame out. I mean imagine if Nico is just average at UTenn.

In baseball I know they have WAR so I wonder if they have a hypothetical value of what a player brings to a roster. Obviously in this day and age a lockdown corner that you can put on an island would demand the most. But RB's for example we see more and more lower star kids turn into studs as they fill out and learn the nuances.

Last edited:
I'd love to hear how they determine a players value at the collegiate level. There has to be some formula I am sure. But College is about a brand in most cases. The name on the front of the jersey carries way more value then the one of the back. Yeah sure you know the best players...maybe buy their jerseys but they are in the spotlight on average 1-2 years 3 on those really rare occasions. Then the next guy comes in.

I just feel like NIL is still so new this is going to look a lot different in 5 years and the off the book stuff will start to return because businesses are going to keep spending absurd amounts on kids who flame out. I mean imagine if Nico is just average at UTenn.

In baseball I know they have WAR so I wonder if they have a hypothetical value of what a player brings to a roster. Obviously in this day and age a lockdown corner that you can put on an island would demand the most. But RB's for example we see more and more lower star kids turn into studs as they fill out and learn the nuances.
Def interested in the same. Like a LT vs RT or is it like a baseline for O-Line at this level. We know in the NFL that LT position is a premium vs. a G. Fascinating stuff

Advertisement
They've been getting players drafted lately tho.
Imagine going to a school where you're going to have no shot at winning a NC instead of going to a place like Bama where you will be in the playoffs every year you're there. Oh and I believe they've sent a few to to the league.

God I hate Bama.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s not as if we’ve gotten blown out or lost to teams we weren’t suppose to lose to. Those two factors, factor in as to why imo

Lost by 10 as a 6 point favorite at home to Kentucky.

Lost by 10 as a 2.5 point favorite at home to LSU.

Haven't been blown out is true. 10 point loss to UK, 5 point loss @ UT, 10 point loss at home to LSU.

But a 3 point win at home vs USF as a 24 point favorite.

A 7 point win at home vs Mizzou as a 10.5 point favorite.

Advertisement

Haven't been blown out is true. 10 point loss to UK, 5 point loss @ UT, 10 point loss at home to LSU.

Sooooooo again, nothing to be clowned over (except our 3rd down D which is getting clowned)

They really should have lost this game. USF did what USF does at the end.

Advertisement
I would say you're D is terrible and you're Heisman QB is average.

Thing is, we know our D trash. They were bad last year too so them being bad again under a new regime not surprising. Toney’s D was bad in year 1 at ULL too and made a jump up the following year.

Now about AR, yea he’s been not what we thought he’d be this year. Yikes

It's wild UF a .500 team and giving up more points than us and just gave 50pts last week but they arent getting clowned on social media and still have no problem pulling big defensive players
they have th best DB coach in the country. their DB class has been strong. they actually have a. good WR class too.

at the end of the day, I knocked them for their recruiting and their class has holes, but **** im jealous of their WR and DB class lol. two huge positions of need and we literally had to rely on.a reclassification.

gotta give it to them, they've turned their recruiting around after their initial start where they were clowns on the trail. we haven't had a commit since august.

Sooooooo again, nothing to be clowned over (except our 3rd down D which is getting clowned)

Agreed, just saying you said you haven't lost to teams you weren't supposed to lose to. That's not true. It's happened twice in the first 6 games. But at least they're not by 30, and at least they're not Duke or Middle Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back