2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not gonna be a bag that gets him to Bama. It’s trob and and Saban coaching db’s that’s gonna get him there.
Not saying that Bama isn’t gonna put some extra sweetener in the coffee but it’s definitely gonna be coaching.
How did that work out for them last year when they lost Denver Harris? TAMU dropped a bag and all that coaching talk when out the window. Yeah, great coaching will come into play but you better come with a bag too because you **** sure know other teams will. Especially when folks are using the term "generational talent" to describe this kid.

Advertisement
It’s not gonna be a bag that gets him to Bama. It’s trob and and Saban coaching db’s that’s gonna get him there.
Not saying that Bama isn’t gonna put some extra sweetener in the coffee but it’s definitely gonna be coaching.
Yet UGA been signing higher rated DB's lately.

The gap between Inniss and the other top WR's is less than Cormani and the next CB. And there are several #1 WR's in this class.

If Cormani went and lived on the moon for the next 3 years, he'd be a Top 15 pick in the 2026 draft. The same cannot be said about Inniss.

Advertisement
The question was, if we could only get one between Cormani or Inniss which one would I choose, that was my answer.

WR’s come a dime a dozen, even the great ones, but elite CB’s are RARE AF...

Especially for Miami, we NEVER get Elite Corners.
Shows how highliy u think of McLain. Kid looks good can't wait to see his SR film

This is the kind of kid we need to keep home. These are the types battles we have been losing virtually 100% of the time. Let’s see if Mario has the goods.

The gap between Inniss and the other top WR's is less than Cormani and the next CB. And there are several #1 WR's in this class.
My thoughts exactly. You can argue that Brown and Williams are just as good as Inniss is some aspects. Both of which I think we will land. So yes McClain by a mile.

Advertisement
The question was, if we could only get one between Cormani or Inniss which one would I choose, that was my answer.

WR’s come a dime a dozen, even the great ones, but elite CB’s are RARE AF...

Especially for Miami, we NEVER get Elite Corners.
In our storied history, I can’t remember ever getting the elite CB. We have gotten good ones but never elite, it seems.

Might be the most important recruit we’ve recruited in recent history. Him coming would be the domino to get Mario’s reign of terror rolling. Easily the best defensive player in the entire nation IMO. He’s up to a 0.9990 on 247 composite now. That ranks him as the third highest CB in modern history. Still a chance to go up and jump Ginn. We’re looking at a generational talent here IMO. He would be our second highest rated prospect ever on 247 as of right now. His hips are as good as anyone I’ve ever seen. He’s a twitchy athlete and his arms make a lot of guys listed below look like a T-Rex. Ball skills are as good as anyone on this entire list other than Hunter. Not sure what his verified speed times are but who cares you can tell by watching film he’s a burner. He’s been balling out at these 7v7 tournaments. I’ve seen people on my Twitter feed arguing who’s better between him and Hunter. He’s a way better tackler than Hunter. Purely as a CB you can make arguments for McClain.

Top5 rn
2022 - 0.9999 Travis Hunter (Not sure if he’s listed purely as a CB or as an ATH)
2004 - 0.9992 Ted Ginn Jr
2015 - 0.9988 Iman Marshall
2007 - 0.9986 Eric Berry
2013 - 0.9980 Vernon Hargreaves III
2019 - 0.9980 Derek Stingley Jr

We’ve lost out on 5* local guys
2008 - 0.9977 Patrick Peterson ($EC $$)
2018 - 0.9973 Patrick Surtain II
2000 - 0.9968 Bryant McFadden (Granted this one didn’t really hurt we had the most loaded DB room in CFB history back then.)
2005 - 0.9952 Demetrice Morley
2018 - 0.9944 Tyson Campbell
2015 - 0.9916 Tarvarus McFadden
2021 - 0.9836 Jason Marshall

We landed these guys
2012 - 0.9887 Tracey Howard
2008 - 0.9864 Brandon Harris
2001 - 0.9805 Antrel Rolle (Actually a 4* for some unknown reason)

So out of TEN guys in the last 20+ years we’ve landed THREE. Out of our own backyard only THREE. Most of these guys even played us and made us think they was coming. Basically what I’m saying is I don’t think I’ve wanted to get a recruit this badly in a very long time. I really hope this works out for us. He seems to love Miami on his social medias oddly from a Lakeland kid. We need to offer him a MASSIVE NIL deal. Someone said it above Elite WRs come around Elite CBs don’t. This kid should be priority #1 for us. Our WR class is gonna be loaded regardless.

Advertisement
Im interested to follow Saban to see if he finally relents and admits that paying kids of McClain caliber is just the wave of the future. His interview post-NSD where he said, "We are not going to have a 30M payroll like TAMU and those teams. Sorry. You got the wrong program." Yet he cant explain how his entire secondary rides around in Dodge HellCat Chargers. (eyes rolling)

McClain is getting a bag. Now whoever is down with getting him that bag will make his top 5.
Ok so, if you want to know how they all have chargers, I’ll tell you the secret. It stays here 🤫
Obviously, it won’t stay here, but it doesn’t matter anymore. It’s a three year zero dollar lease with a balloon payment. It’s kind of smart. They all need co-signers and some cash down. I’ll let you figure out the rest. 100% legal
They won’t be doing that anymore with NIL

Advertisement
Sometimes it’s the little things that matters most and are the most affective. When Mario has his target, he put the full court press on the recruit AND the family. Makes it very difficult to forget about him and it makes it difficult to say no. Psychology 101.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back