Cormani & Cohen?

Alabama just put up one of the best recruiting classes of all time and y’all are going to criticize the way he brings in players? Miami would be lucky to have 1/10th the success they’ve had over the last two decades.
We know the man can recruit and knows how to use ALL of his resources.

The criticism comes from the blatant hypocritical comments this ****** makes to the public.

Advertisement
I would entertain your argument prior to the NIL nonsense but I’d love to hear about what the NCAA’s double standards are now that players are allowed to get paid.
It's not nonsense. Saban's griping about not paying until they've earned it. Yet he's got 8 5* freshman without paying? I guess the Easter bunny came early to Tuscaloosa.

Advertisement
It's not nonsense. Saban's griping about not paying until they've earned it. Yet he's got 8 5* freshman without paying? I guess the Easter bunny came early to Tuscaloosa.
I was referring to the NIL as a whole being nonsense.

Where did you read that none of his players are getting paid?

Advertisement
Alabama just put up one of the best recruiting classes of all time and y’all are going to criticize the way he brings in players? Miami would be lucky to have 1/10th the success they’ve had over the last two decades.

Nobody’s criticizing his success, what is being criticized is his hypocrisy and complaining about NIL and the fact that he’s been bagging players for decades. Which is fine, but then don’t complain about other people doing it.

Advertisement
wonder what it cost them to steal the Big OT from Iowa at the last minute and sign 8 5*s.
Cost him nothing, they all turn down huge sums of money from all the other programs and go there for the

Love GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

Advertisement

Sounds like posturing from St. Nick.

If Alabama had the deep pockets and resources to pay at that level, he would.

Because they don't, he plays the "I'd never pay an unproven kid that kind of loot" card, so he comes out on the right side of this "The NIL stuff is out of control" narrative—knowing the NCAA listens to him.

Bama dropped five-figure bags for years. Now it's legal and it's high-six figure bags, they're priced out and Saban is going the sanctimonious route.

Regardless, he'll hang it up soon enough. He wants one more ring and will probably give himself another 2-3 years to try and get it.

From there, he's gone, Dabo steps in and Bama will look to keep the machine going with some new blood.

Advertisement
Back