Corey Raymond let go from UF

Agreed but this whole thing about being over the hill just doesn't track for me. In terms of someone being "Over the hill" because they are well past their physical prime, yes of course because that is inevitable. However like I stated before, I don't think that Corey Raymond just all of a sudden forgot to coach. He didn't just randomly lose all of his knowledge and experience. In my experience, I have learned that it all starts at the top. Armstrong is a huge part of that problem and Raymond got scapegoated. It's that simple. Ultimately however its Napier who is ultimately responsible. From the very beginning I knew that Raymond would end up regretting the decision to join that staff.
It always struck me as an awkward fit. 90% of that staff was Napier’s cronies. I’d imagine the dynamic was similar to the Hurlie/No’D video we all saw.

It's also no coincidence that LSU is and has been horrendous since he left. I’d like to think pairing Him and Mario on the trail would pay immediate dividends.

Advertisement
Agreed but this whole thing about being over the hill just doesn't track for me. In terms of someone being "Over the hill" because they are well past their physical prime, yes of course because that is inevitable. However like I stated before, I don't think that Corey Raymond just all of a sudden forgot to coach. He didn't just randomly lose all of his knowledge and experience. In my experience, I have learned that it all starts at the top. Armstrong is a huge part of that problem and Raymond got scapegoated. It's that simple. Ultimately however its Napier who is ultimately responsible. From the very beginning I knew that Raymond would end up regretting the decision to join that staff.

Yes.

Corey Raymond is 54. That is NOT "over the hill".

Advertisement
Brown would be an absolute fool to take that job. There are very few coaches that could turn that program around IMO.

Slight disagreement.
They could be a consistent 7-8 win team in the ACC given the right coaching blend of recruiters and coaches
who run schemes that are a bit unorthodox.
Dino Babers had some pretty good coaches on staff but none were decent recruiters, especially when Nick Monroe
left for Minnesota. You need to have a good combo of recruiters and scheme guys and be able to tap into
the nearby NJ and PA talent, which they were solely lacking.
Brown is a stellar recruiter and positional coach but unsure of what else he brings.

Slight disagreement.
They could be a consistent 7-8 win team in the ACC given the right coaching blend of recruiters and coaches
who run schemes that are a bit unorthodox.
Dino Babers had some pretty good coaches on staff but none were decent recruiters, especially when Nick Monroe
left for Minnesota. You need to have a good combo of recruiters and scheme guys and be able to tap into
the nearby NJ and PA talent, which they were solely lacking.
Brown is a stellar recruiter and positional coach but unsure of what else he brings.
I suppose that's possible but it would need to be a coach that could bring both of those elements. Yeah, I could see that.

dave-chappelle-rick-james (1).gif

**** Georgia, get him here today!

Advertisement
Bumping this thread since there's been some comments on other threads about us being able to get Corey Raymond possibly if we end up in the market for a DB coach.

Why didn't UGA just hire him? That would seem like a perfect fit for them since they just lost Fran, and they have Kirby Smart as a backup DB coach so they really just need an elite recruiter there and a "good" coach.

They hired a west coast guy from USC that they appeared to have no connection with at all and no east coast connection either.

Bumping this thread since there's been some comments on other threads about us being able to get Corey Raymond possibly if we end up in the market for a DB coach.

Why didn't UGA just hire him? That would seem like a perfect fit for them since they just lost Fran, and they have Kirby Smart as a backup DB coach so they really just need an elite recruiter there and a "good" coach.

They hired a west coast guy from USC that they appeared to have no connection with at all and no east coast connection either.

Funny someone asked this and i was confused too then..

I saw this.. https://247sports.com/Coach/dont-williams-1820/AllTimeRecruits/

Kirby is trying to have a footprint on the west and donte williams seems to be the perfect guy to have for that, i dont know how good of a coach he is but i think kirby knows he has a good enough support system to make up for anything he lacks

Advertisement
Funny someone asked this and i was confused too then..

I saw this.. https://247sports.com/Coach/dont-williams-1820/AllTimeRecruits/

Kirby is trying to have a footprint on the west and donte williams seems to be the perfect guy to have for that, i dont know how good of a coach he is but i think kirby knows he has a good enough support system to make up for anything he lacks
I agree that seems like the best reason. Seems like UGA recruits itself when it comes to DBs (especially on the East coast. See Addae). But this guy should expand their west coast recruiting without hurting their east coast recruiting.

Not convinced that he isn’t if UF of all programs kicked him to the curb
They had to fire somebody and he was the one who got the ax. It’s common when you have a dead man walking as a HC. DB coaches are pretty much for recruiting and that’s what he does. That’ll never go away. If you’re a great recruiter at cb ironically you’ll normally have good cb’s lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back