Corey Raymond let go from UF

This is BIG for Mincey recruitment. Consider it us and Bama for Mincey. I don't see him going to UF with Robinson out.

There's also a CB on UF's who we'll take a hard look at if he hits the portal.

Advertisement
Wonder if their freshmen corners that we recruited look around now.

Weren’t we in it for Dijon Johnson, jakeem Jackson and Denson?

Advertisement
C’mon man 😂😂😂😂.
giphy.gif

@Memnon as the cb guy on the board, you want Raymond, or do yo ualso think he's overrated after his UF stint? Think he'd at least be recruiting all the top guys, and landing 1-2 per year. Would bring some speed back to the position
8B0201B3-AD38-4BD3-92A2-6C583102B8A5.jpeg

Eric Reid
Tyrann Mathieu
Jalen Mills
Jamal Adams
Grant Delpit
Derek Stingley Jr
Cordale Flott
Kristian Fulton
Donte Jackson
Jay Ward
Tre’Davious White
Greedy Williams
JaCoby Stevens
Kary Vincent Jr

Now lets take a look at who he’s landed since being at UF:
- 2022 4-star S Kamari Wilson
- 2022 4-star CB Devin Moore
- 2022 3-star S Miguel Mitchell
- 2022 4-star CB Jalen Kimber (UGA transfer)
- 2023 4-star CB Ja’Keem Jackson
- 2023 4-star CB Dijon Johnson
- 2023 4-star CB Sharif Denson
- 2023 3-star S Bryce Thornton
- 2023 3-star CB Jordan Castell
- 2023 4-star S RJ Moten (Michigan transfer)
- 2023 3-star S Ronald Nunnery (Houston transfer)

Of the recruits/transfers he’s landed:
- Jordan Castell (True Freshman; lead their team in tackles)
- Miguel Mitchell (True Soph; 37tks 2PD’s & 1INT)
- Bryce Thornton (True Frosh; 34tks 1PD)
- Jalen Kimber (Transfer; 23tks & 5PD’s)
- Ja’Keem Jackson (True Frosh 7tks & 3PD’s)
- Devin Moore (True Soph; 7tks 3PD’s & 1INT)

Jason Marshall also had his best season of his career with 26tks & 11PD’s.

Whatever conclusion people wanna draw from it, they can, it’s open to each own’s interpretation.

I remember this board saying distinctly similar things about TRob when he was at Miami & how he wasn’t that good.
But if anyone cared to check (which of course they won’t lol), Terrion Arnold & Ga’Kincy “Kool-Aid” McKinstry are the two highest graded CB duo’s in the Nation & Caleb Downs will be a Freshman All-American having a phenomenal season.

The thing about Corey Raymond or TRob for that matter is their careers dont’ actually need a whole lot of explanation, to unbiased eyes it’s clear what they’ve done & what they continue to do.

However, there’s a long list of CB’s/DB’s Coaches who also fit the billing as great at their job.

There’s guys like Zach Etheridge, Brandon Shelby, Perry Eliano, Keynodo Hudson, Demetrius Sumler, Al Pogue, Chevis Jackson, Nick Graham, ShaDon Brown, Corey Parker, Terry Joseph & about a dozen or so others I could name.

But at the end of the day, that’s all irrelevant. If MC likes the job that JA has done, then that’s it & that’s all there is to it.

Would absolutely love to make that trade. This would be a bigger trade than when LAL traded Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol. I need that type of return! lol
We/I made up a song and dance in middle school, “Do the Kwame” largely based on my knack for lurking my way to offensive boards and bricking the putback; we would mob it down the hallway, just his name brings me back. Funny stuff.

Advertisement
View attachment 268106

Eric Reid
Tyrann Mathieu
Jalen Mills
Jamal Adams
Grant Delpit
Derek Stingley Jr
Cordale Flott
Kristian Fulton
Donte Jackson
Jay Ward
Tre’Davious White
Greedy Williams
JaCoby Stevens
Kary Vincent Jr

Now lets take a look at who he’s landed since being at UF:
- 2022 4-star S Kamari Wilson
- 2022 4-star CB Devin Moore
- 2022 3-star S Miguel Mitchell
- 2022 4-star CB Jalen Kimber (UGA transfer)
- 2023 4-star CB Ja’Keem Jackson
- 2023 4-star CB Dijon Johnson
- 2023 4-star CB Sharif Denson
- 2023 3-star S Bryce Thornton
- 2023 3-star CB Jordan Castell
- 2023 4-star S RJ Moten (Michigan transfer)
- 2023 3-star S Ronald Nunnery (Houston transfer)

Of the recruits/transfers he’s landed:
- Jordan Castell (True Freshman; lead their team in tackles)
- Miguel Mitchell (True Soph; 37tks 2PD’s & 1INT)
- Bryce Thornton (True Frosh; 34tks 1PD)
- Jalen Kimber (Transfer; 23tks & 5PD’s)
- Ja’Keem Jackson (True Frosh 7tks & 3PD’s)
- Devin Moore (True Soph; 7tks 3PD’s & 1INT)

Jason Marshall also had his best season of his career with 26tks & 11PD’s.

Whatever conclusion people wanna draw from it, they can, it’s open to each own’s interpretation.

I remember this board saying distinctly similar things about TRob when he was at Miami & how he wasn’t that good.
But if anyone cared to check (which of course they won’t lol), Terrion Arnold & Ga’Kincy “Kool-Aid” McKinstry are the two highest graded CB duo’s in the Nation & Caleb Downs will be a Freshman All-American having a phenomenal season.

The thing about Corey Raymond or TRob for that matter is their careers dont’ actually need a whole lot of explanation, to unbiased eyes it’s clear what they’ve done & what they continue to do.

However, there’s a long list of CB’s/DB’s Coaches who also fit the billing as great at their job.

There’s guys like Zach Etheridge, Brandon Shelby, Perry Eliano, Keynodo Hudson, Demetrius Sumler, Al Pogue, Chevis Jackson, Nick Graham, ShaDon Brown, Corey Parker, Terry Joseph & about a dozen or so others I could name.

But at the end of the day, that’s all irrelevant. If MC likes the job that JA has done, then that’s it & that’s all there is to it.
Thanks for the list.

Seems like Addae is going to want to leave for a DC job this offseason or next. So imo I'd rather go for a guy like Corey Raymond now - who seems like he's content just being a DB coach for the next decade. I'm pretty confident he'll land us some top talents.

Shelby could be on the move since Indiana fired their Coach, but he's been there since 2011, so doubt it.
Eliano is sticking at ohio state for a while I'd think.
Hudson seems like the only major hit he's had is Devon Witherspoon. Graham hit on Woolen. Both them and Sumler don't have the major program experience and recruiting wins where you'd be confident in them winning top recruiting battles, but they're also at programs that we'd be an upgrade.

Think Parker would still need more CFB experience. Not sure about Pogue either being at WVU he was LB coach.

Chevis Jackson, imo seems like he could be very good. But he probably would be a guy that might get a DC spot somewhere soon...

I think Raymond and Guidry would fit well together. Both LA guys, both DB coaches by trade. I don’t want to speak out of turn. Not sure what the issues he had at UF are, but I’d imagine some staff/mentality differences probably contributed to some of the issues on that team.

We can all hate on Mario but he coaches with an older SEC type mentality that seems like it would jive better with Raymond than what Napier is doing at UF rn. I could be putting too much stock into the old Raymond of yesteryear but I’d wager some big schools will be on him sooner rather than later.

Advertisement
This is a good test to see if Mario was just bull****ting on Joe Rose today when talked about his 3-deep spreadsheet of players and coaches. If he doesn't have Raymond ahead of Addae his brain has a disease. If he doesn't at least pursue Raymond (I think he's going to UGA if Fran Brown takes the 'Cuse job or is untethered from reality and thinks he can be LSU's DC) then he was bull****ting.

Thanks for the list.

Seems like Addae is going to want to leave for a DC job this offseason or next. So imo I'd rather go for a guy like Corey Raymond now - who seems like he's content just being a DB coach for the next decade. I'm pretty confident he'll land us some top talents.

Shelby could be on the move since Indiana fired their Coach, but he's been there since 2011, so doubt it.
Eliano is sticking at ohio state for a while I'd think.
Hudson seems like the only major hit he's had is Devon Witherspoon. Graham hit on Woolen. Both them and Sumler don't have the major program experience and recruiting wins where you'd be confident in them winning top recruiting battles, but they're also at programs that we'd be an upgrade.

Think Parker would still need more CFB experience. Not sure about Pogue either being at WVU he was LB coach.

Chevis Jackson, imo seems like he could be very good. But he probably would be a guy that might get a DC spot somewhere soon...
Pogue developed the best pure cover corner in College Football right now.

Pogue developed the best pure cover corner in College Football right now.
He's been at Missouri 1 year though. Abrams-draine is in yr 3. I mean he recruited him to WVU, though he didn't land his committment, so he saw something there obviously. I'd take Nate Wiggins over him I think. But yeah he's there with Kalen King, TJ Tampa, Josh Newton..
TCU has probably done the best actually developing DBs though in the past like 4 years...

Advertisement
This is a good test to see if Mario was just bull****ting on Joe Rose today when talked about his 3-deep spreadsheet of players and coaches. If he doesn't have Raymond ahead of Addae his brain has a disease. If he doesn't at least pursue Raymond (I think he's going to UGA if Fran Brown takes the 'Cuse job or is untethered from reality and thinks he can be LSU's DC) then he was bull****ting.
It was in the context of Guidry leaving for LSU. He said instead of lamenting about it he will use it as an opportunity to upgrade.

I feel like Mario wants grinders and is looking for the next Corey Raymond.

It was in the context of Guidry leaving for LSU. He said instead of lamenting about it he will use it as an opportunity to upgrade.

I feel like Mario wants grinders and is looking for the next Corey Raymond.
That was the context to the clip Pete posted on the front page? Still, if he's serious about talent acquisition I'd like to see him make a run at Raymond, and I don't hate the job Addae has done. Shoot your shot though if you have a chance to bring in an elite recruiter and developer of DBs

I think our DBs looked a million times better this year than last year and we lost two guys to the draft last year. Guidry is a db guy. If we get a recruiter in there and let Guidry coach that unit up we’re cooking with gas

Would absolutely love to make that trade. This would be a bigger trade than when LAL traded Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol. I need that type of return! lol
I like the idea of bringing him in as the Safeties coach and tell him his has the DB room when Addae leaves.. Addae wants to be a DC. Whenever he bounces, we'll already have the DB room covered plus Raymond should put us over the top with DB recruiting.

He's a must hire in my opinion.

Advertisement
Back