Corey Raymond let go from UF

Advertisement
Pay Me GIF
It's a must to hear Teddy KGB say it.

Pay that man his money!! SHORT SCENE

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ill say it again. The Coordinators are more responsible for the players play. The position coaches are responsible for recruiting with the HC. Addae has been a strong disappointment especially this year. Because i place more importance on recruiting for skill position coaches. I would bring in Raymond. The kids still have respect for him whatever that abortion defense they put out there. We had a miles better defense and struggling to land elite rated DBs.

Advertisement
This fanbase is obsessed with the same names. If DL opens, it'll be 'we need to hire Kevin Patrick' for the 25th year in a row.
Well I'm not going to debate that but Corey Raymond didn't become a well known name to college football aficionados because he sucked. He has built a well earned reputation for being an elite recruiter a fantastic CB coach and a developer of talent. Put me in the "Give his agent a call" column.

The situation up in Gainesville isn't exactly stable and it's getting more toxic by the day. I hardly think that Raymond just all of a sudden forgot how to coach and/or recruit.
Their defense was bad at all three levels. It’s easy to scapegoat the biggest name on the staff for the collective failures. Maybe he’s over the hill but I’d have to see him fail at multiple stops to come to that conclusion personally.

Their defense was bad at all three levels. It’s easy to scapegoat the biggest name on the staff for the collective failures. Maybe he’s over the hill but I’d have to see him fail at multiple stops to come to that conclusion personally.
Agreed but this whole thing about being over the hill just doesn't track for me. In terms of someone being "Over the hill" because they are well past their physical prime, yes of course because that is inevitable. However like I stated before, I don't think that Corey Raymond just all of a sudden forgot to coach. He didn't just randomly lose all of his knowledge and experience. In my experience, I have learned that it all starts at the top. Armstrong is a huge part of that problem and Raymond got scapegoated. It's that simple. Ultimately however its Napier who is ultimately responsible. From the very beginning I knew that Raymond would end up regretting the decision to join that staff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ill say it again. The Coordinators are more responsible for the players play. The position coaches are responsible for recruiting with the HC. Addae has been a strong disappointment especially this year. Because i place more importance on recruiting for skill position coaches. I would bring in Raymond. The kids still have respect for him whatever that abortion defense they put out there. We had a miles better defense and struggling to land elite rated DBs.
ok serious question. Who did Raymond get where LSU didnt offer a relative a job?
just playing devils advocate.

Any insight as to how this guy has never coached in the NFL? Is he just paid very well at the college level? Hard to imagine someone enjoying the recruiting grind.

Agreed but this whole thing about being over the hill just doesn't track for me. In terms of someone being "Over the hill" because they are well past their physical prime, yes of course because that is inevitable. However like I stated before, I don't think that Corey Raymond just all of a sudden forgot to coach. He didn't just randomly lose all of his knowledge and experience. In my experience, I have learned that it all starts at the top. Armstrong is a huge part of that problem and Raymond got scapegoated. It's that simple. Ultimately however its Napier who is ultimately responsible. From the very beginning I knew that Raymond would end up regretting the decision to join that staff.

I tend to agree.

I think that Fatboy Austin wanted to be multiple on the front-end and multiple on the back-end, and Corey Raymond was confused...

Our DBs still don’t know how to turn their heads. Do you remember UNC?

One good game against FSU will not change my mind. UVA’s slot guy is still running rampant. A&M did just fine against our corners. Louisville’s misdirection repeatedly fooled our secondary.

And yeah, our DB commits are…well…
Point 1 had me ROFL 🤣

Point 2 in italics - not entirely true - the misdirection had #31 fooled repeatedly.

As to the topic on hand - I’m still waiting for @Memnon to give his take as I can’t say that I’m knowledgeable regarding post-LSU CR’s recruiting AND developing abilities

Advertisement
Back