Corey Raymond inks new deal at LSU

Advertisement
hes prolly making mroe than any other DB coach in the country. shocked he didnt get the DC title after this many years there, but LSU knows D so they must know hes not fit for a DC yet

Supposedly he turned Jimbo down already to move over to TAMU. Not as DC but you would assume for more $$

Advertisement
He’s probably gotten offers to be the DC at G5 and lower p5 schools. He’s either making way more as a DB coach or he’s waiting for an upper tier P5 job. Or maybe he just isn’t interested in becoming a DC right now. It’s probably fun to coach a bunch of 5 star corners every year

Why worry about a DC job when you can be paid like a DC to coach one position group. I don't blame him.

Oh I absolutely get it. Quality of life (meaning not constantly moving the family), job security, and great pay are good reasons to be happy and content where you are.

I just know this fan base always like to throw his name out for being a DC candidate here and thinks he would make for a great one if and when he gets the opportunity. Just interesting that LSU passes over him for DC position but in our fanbase he is an automatic take as a DC.

Guy has three 1st round picks in his time at LSU. We had this coach once who recruited three 1st round db picks in one year with another playing same year and potential GOAT on the bench, yet our stupid frigging school never thought it was a good idea to give him another shot. Stupid is as stupid does.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Crazy. Maybe being the lsu db coach is his dream job and he doesn't want anything more.
I'm sure he has to get plenty of DC offers.

I don’t understand the infatuation with Corey Raymond. How does he relate to UM football?

He doesn't "relate" to UM football.
He is just probably the best DB coach in tge country and one of the best recruiters...so yeah he is on a lot of peoples list off coaches UM should try to hire

Advertisement
Back