Corey Martinez update

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Tampa (Fla.) Tampa Catholic four-star offensive guard Corey Martinez shared his narrowed list via twitter.
"I've been blessed with many opportunities to play football," Martinez tweeted. "It's time to narrow my list. Top 6 in alphabetical order - Alabama, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Tennessee, and Vanderbilt."

The 6-foot-4, 297-pound interior lineman has previously spoken highly of a pair of in-state schools – Florida State and Miami.

"I’m talking mostly with the Florida schools, Florida State and Miami, those are the main ones," Martinez said in a recent interview with Noles247.com. "There are a few other ones, but those are the ones that stand out right now.

“Both of those schools are recruiting me harder than anyone else," Martinez added.

Martinez continued to talk about his relationship with those two staff.
"I talk to just about every coach at Miami,” Martinez said. “(Offensive line) Coach (Art) Kehoe and head coach (Al) Golden are the one's I talk to all the time.

"At Florida State I talk to (wide receivers) Coach (Lawrence) Dawsey and (Offensive line) Coach (Rick) Trickett,” Martinez added

Martinez has camped at FSU in the past and likes the way Rick Trickett coaches.

"I like coach Trickett and his style,” Martinez said. “Most kids don't like it because he's hard on them, but that's not the way I look at it. I feel like it helps me."

This summer Martinez is planning on camping at both Miami and Florida State.

"It's hard for my family to travel outside the state, so those might be the only two I go to,” Martinez said. “If there is one out of state camp that I really want to go to, my parents will probably make it happen, but for now I don't have anything in mind."

Is a decision coming soon for Martinez?
"Not just yet. I'm still thinking about it,” Martinez said. “I might make a decision before the season starts or maybe on Signing Day, I'm not sure yet.

"I'm just waiting to feel comfortable with a school and build a great relationship with that staff,” Martinez added. “When that happens, I'll be ready to commit."

http://floridastate.247sports.com/A...ep-FSU-on-their-list-after-recent-cuts-132932

Get it done Kehoe you marvelous *******

Advertisement
Off topic but I see Vanderbilt listed by a few recruits. The coaches there are doing work even if they don't get said players. Pretty impressive

Advertisement
Off topic but I see Vanderbilt listed by a few recruits. The coaches there are doing work even if they don't get said players. Pretty impressive

James Franklin is a good coach at a really tough gig. I think last year was about as good as you can do at Vandy at 9-4 (5-3) and the bowl win.

He is young and may be at a bigger program soon.

Vandy offers a great education, plus Nashville is better than Trailerhassee. Franklin is doing a great job at Vandy.

He says his family really cant travel out of the state of Florida, get ready for that $EC money to start rolling in. Kid drops a line like that and watch how fast Bama boosters show up.

He says his family really cant travel out of the state of Florida, get ready for that $EC money to start rolling in. Kid drops a line like that and watch how fast Bama boosters show up.

I would not worry about it. I thought it was established that these schools don't open up their check books for everybody. They pick and choose from the really elite kids, make sure that all variables are in line; such as will the family be receptive of the offer or not, who else might be involved in the bidding war.

Advertisement
To me it depends on how the camps go this summer. UM has an ace in the whole with our oline commits that we have now to sway his decision. FSWho has an ace in the whole with his dad so we will say who wins out

Im just glad it looks like we have a Plan B, C, D, and E when it comes to replacing this kid if he decides to go elsewhere. Its to the point now that I can take or leave this kid with the other OG options we have.

Advertisement
Somebody enjoys Trickett?

132.gif

Somebody enjoys Trickett?

132.gif

I'm sure he's alright in small doses: gives off that whole 'see, I expect a lot from my players and I'll push them hard and not coddle them' vibe on the surface; as the recruiting season goes on, I'm sure his actual style (being a colossal prick) will wear thin with Martinez as it did the kid whom they lost to Ole Miss.

Last edited:

James Franklin is a good coach at a really tough gig. I think last year was about as good as you can do at Vandy at 9-4 (5-3) and the bowl win.

He is young and may be at a bigger program soon.

Pretty sure Vandy decided to commit harder to football when they made their most recent corching hire. They opened up the check book like they've never done before, which means that they've also loosened up admissions for football players. The two go hand in hand. That could turn into a pretty decent gig ala Vag Tech.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back