Corey Martinez announcing July 3rd

Advertisement
Ryan Bass ‏@Ry_Bass 8m
Tampa Catholic 2014 OL @CJMartinez77 will make his college announcement on July 3 at @TheOpening_2013. #UM #FSU #Bama #Vandy #LSU #Tennessee

This is one where idk what he does. People will predict FSU but only because he's a "fan" and we know what that usually means for recruits but other then that it's always been a dead heat between FSU and UM so it will be close

Has he given any recent update? I had always heard FSU lean then a month or so ago I heard he really enjoyed visiting Miami.

144.jpg

I'm not sure how high we have him rated. He did not make it down for any camps, etc. especially before making a decision which = no bueno... His last visit was by Barrow, not Kehoe, while we were looking at another prospect, humm... He's also been too quite? My inclination is GA or FSU. Sorry buds. Go Canes!

Advertisement
His only visit this year has been to FSU.

Barrow went to his school in May and Golden/Kehoe were there in January.

I say FSU but I wont be surprised if he picks Miami the way our OL recruiting has gone this cycle.

I'm not sure how high we have him rated. He did not make it down for any camps, etc. especially before making a decision which = no bueno... His last visit was by Barrow, not Kehoe, while we were looking at another prospect, humm... He's also been too quite? My inclination is GA or FSU. Sorry buds. Go Canes!

He camped in 2012.

Hopefully he comes here. Even if he does not, we will still have an outstanding OL class. One that FINALLY, will allow AL & Kehoe to redshirt and develope these studs like they should be allowed to do.
Hopefully they are wise enough not to insist on early playing time.
Shirt + UTough + practice experience = Greatness!

It's a process!

Advertisement

He camped in 2012.

I know he camped last year, but you would think, if he was about to make a decision he would want to talk to the coaches one last time, maybe walk the campus, see the area. Heck, he's only 4 hrs away, that's pretty much a day trip back and forth. I'm just not feeling it even though I hope I'm wrong!
Go Canes!

A commit to Trickett in July is as good as a decommit & commit to us or someone else in January.

He camped in 2012.

I know he camped last year, but you would think, if he was about to make a decision he would want to talk to the coaches one last time, maybe walk the campus, see the area. Heck, he's only 4 hrs away, that's pretty much a day trip back and forth. I'm just not feeling it even though I hope I'm wrong!
Go Canes!

It's been a while he went to FSU too...

I think his choice will depend what he wants the most. If he wants playing time the most, he'll be at FSU, if he wants academics the most, he'll sign with UM and if he's a b*tch, he'll sign with Bama.

From what I've heard our biggest sell to him is our OL recruiting class already along with academics, which he's stated is most important to him. His dad is a big Nole fan though & posts on Whoreslant with updates from time to time. It's hard to say what he does. I think he also realizes Trickett is a bit of an assclown & has a negative stigma about him. Same could be said about DT recruiting with Jethro. If I were going to guess I'd say 60% to The []_[]

Advertisement
**** to close to call he's good friends with Reily and mom is a canes fan. He grew up a FSU fan right along with his dad. FSU is looking weak on the Offensive line the next few years he might see a better chance of playing there early than here imo..

Staff is filling this class up quickly. If he wants in he needs to hop on this train.

Just like UF on Clark the powerplay. When a staff is doing so good that spots are being filled at a fast pace they can put pressure on a recruit to get on or get left off and sometimes it works (just ask Khari Clark). I only hope that him being quiet for so long and just now coming with a date means the staff pressured him to decide

Advertisement
Hopefully he sees the momentum we have as a plus, along with the beastly offensive line prospects we have and wants to be a part of the future that the U is heading in.

Staff is filling this class up quickly. If he wants in he needs to hop on this train.

Just like UF on Clark the powerplay. When a staff is doing so good that spots are being filled at a fast pace they can put pressure on a recruit to get on or get left off and sometimes it works (just ask Khari Clark). I only hope that him being quiet for so long and just now coming with a date means the staff pressured him to decide

The staff doesn't put pressure on elite kids to commit - i.e. Clark, lane, valentine,etc. We lost the battle with Clark, nothing to do with numbers. Numbers with elite recruits don't come into play (especially in june) the staff will always make room.

Let me rephrase, what I think (and I can easily be wrong) is that with so many commits coming early that the oline situation is one that the staff doesn't want to risk (if they really want 5 guys). I brought up the numbers because I remember Clark saying multiple times that he wanted to commit at the UA game so I thought they told him to make sure he had a spot he would have to commit early which I don't see anything wrong with that. With UM I can see them thinking Knox and Wynn aren't likely to come but they feel confident with Martinez so they don't want to be caught up like last year so they want to be sure they get the guys they truly want.

Advertisement
Back