Corey King gone?

Advertisement
How do you not understand that a coach signing MULTIPLE players with "issues" is an indictment of the coach??

I'm willing to wager you held/hold Urban Meyer Responsible for the "thugs" he had at UF and the "thugs" Jimbo Fisher has at FSU ...

Stay consistent, bro.

This board is so funny. Yall mad he was given a scholarship in the first place and now yall mad he got cut. Golden can't win for nothing with some of yall. I'd hate to see the excuses if he somehow pulled off a National Championship

No one is mad. If anything people are amused at the continued incompetence of the leaders of this team in recruiting, and retaining, its players.

It's goldens fault Finnie stole stuff, its goldens fault figs and blue gang-raped a girl, its goldens fault Gionni Paul was half crazy, its goldens fault Eddie Johnson punched someone out, etc. hahaha smh His scheme sucks but some of you guys are overboard with the blame game.

So you are going to b¡tch about us not going after these type of kids and when we do and sh¡t happens its the coaches fault??? and lol about urban and other coaches not doing it when they have plenty of times, yall flip flop

How do you not understand that a coach signing MULTIPLE players with "issues" is an indictment of the coach??

I'm willing to wager you held/hold Urban Meyer Responsible for the "thugs" he had at UF and the "thugs" Jimbo Fisher has at FSU ...

Stay consistent, bro.

This board is so funny. Yall mad he was given a scholarship in the first place and now yall mad he got cut. Golden can't win for nothing with some of yall. I'd hate to see the excuses if he somehow pulled off a National Championship

No one is mad. If anything people are amused at the continued incompetence of the leaders of this team in recruiting, and retaining, its players.

It's goldens fault Finnie stole stuff, its goldens fault figs and blue gang-raped a girl, its goldens fault Gionni Paul was half crazy, its goldens fault Eddie Johnson punched someone out, etc. hahaha smh His scheme sucks but some of you guys are overboard with the blame game.

he had to take risks because of NCAA. plus u can't compare him to Urban and Jimbo who get a free pass. if Jamis winston played at miami we would have been under NCAA investigation because of him.

Advertisement
Another Golden project gone bad.

What a pathetic HC we have!

I read an article about him and the team parting ways.....

Here's the link:REPORT: UM, Corey King part ways - State of The U

olsen pierre, ladarius gunter, and thurston ambrister will on be on nfl rosters in september. it works both ways.

all undrafted guys that probably won't make the final roster is an example of Golden's greatness?

Malik Rosier
Brad Kaaya
Trayone Gray
Walter Tucker
Braxton Berrios
Rashawn Scott
Alex Gall
Demetrius Jackson
Courtel Jenkins
Darrion Owens
Juwon Young
Corn Elder

All of these guys were offered when they were unranked, after participating in a Golden camp, or after signing day. So it's safe to say that these guys qualify as "Golden projects". They will all be in the 2 deep and make up some of the best players on this team. It is very true that there has been some very bad reaches but you can not take away the fact that there has also been some great finds.

This is not accurate.

He's the timeline for Gall's recruitment:

Alex Gall Timeline Events

And here is the timeline for Brad Kaaya:

Brad Kaaya Timeline Events

I could continue, but you get the point.

There are no "hidden gems" anymore. Recruiting is BIG BUSINESS today, and any kid with talent will be found. College coaching staffs just have to know where to go and who to contact to get information, and be amongst the first to establish relationships with kids.

But kids are getting ranked in middle school ... So, lets stop pretending coaches are "finding" anyone.

Malik Rosier
Brad Kaaya
Trayone Gray
Walter Tucker
Braxton Berrios
Rashawn Scott
Alex Gall
Demetrius Jackson
Courtel Jenkins
Darrion Owens
Juwon Young
Corn Elder

All of these guys were offered when they were unranked, after participating in a Golden camp, or after signing day. So it's safe to say that these guys qualify as "Golden projects". They will all be in the 2 deep and make up some of the best players on this team. It is very true that there has been some very bad reaches but you can not take away the fact that there has also been some great finds.

Advertisement
Earl Moore, after lifting in the room for a year and getting bigger and stronger, who should have never played as a freshman and redshirted then, just plain and simply beat him out. Nuff said.

Makes you wonder how Golden and Denofrio got Wilkerson and Knighton at Temple,it must have been just pure luck.Here at miami you would think even if the top DTs don't want to come they have a such much larger talent pool to choose from and after 5 classes there's no DT even close to the 2 they had at Temple.

Advertisement

Makes you wonder how Golden and Denofrio got Wilkerson and Knighton at Temple,it must have been just pure luck.Here at miami you would think even if the top DTs don't want to come they have a such much larger talent pool to choose from and after 5 classes there's no DT even close to the 2 they had at Temple.

It took almost five years for them to even get a small grasp on recruiting down here. Think of all the camp commits we had and how many of them left/transferred. It's a LONG list.

It took almost five years for them to even get a small grasp on recruiting down here. Think of all the camp commits we had and how many of them left/transferred. It's a LONG list.

These kids aren't stupid. They can see right through Gorlden's amateur hour grease-ball schtick.

Knighton was already at Temple when Al got there

Advertisement
There are. Shirreffs was offered by practically NO ONE, and we got him after signing day. Watch that kid's film and tell me he's not a hidden gem. It's absurd that a guy with his brains, accuracy, and mobility can slip through the cracks the way he did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqVhi-XM6vo

This is not accurate.

There are no "hidden gems" anymore. Recruiting is BIG BUSINESS today, and any kid with talent will be found. College coaching staffs just have to know where to go and who to contact to get information, and be amongst the first to establish relationships with kids.

But kids are getting ranked in middle school ... So, lets stop pretending coaches are "finding" anyone.

Malik Rosier
Brad Kaaya
Trayone Gray
Walter Tucker
Braxton Berrios
Rashawn Scott
Alex Gall
Demetrius Jackson
Courtel Jenkins
Darrion Owens
Juwon Young
Corn Elder

Last edited:
Why don't we re-visit this point if that kid ever sees the field?

As it currently stands, he'll redshirt this season. He's currently behind Kaaya (good), Rosier (average), and Testaverde (below average). Being 4th, behind those last 2 doesn't scream "hidden gem".

We'll see what happens after Allison signs. The guy you're touting as a find will likely never see a meaningful down. But if he does, then yes, he will absolutely be viewed as a hidden gem. But you're hyping him way early, IMO ...

There are. Shirreffs was offered by practically NO ONE, and we got him after signing day. Watch that kid's film and tell me he's not a hidden gem. It's absurd that a guy with his brains, accuracy, and mobility can slip through the cracks the way he did.

This is not accurate.

Malik Rosier
Brad Kaaya
Trayone Gray
Walter Tucker
Braxton Berrios
Rashawn Scott
Alex Gall
Demetrius Jackson
Courtel Jenkins
Darrion Owens
Juwon Young
Corn Elder

I think he'll be #2 by the end of the year, but we shall see.
Why don't we re-visit this point if that kid ever sees the field?

As it currently stands, he'll redshirt this season. He's currently behind Kaaya (good), Rosier (average), and Testaverde (below average). Being 4th, behind those last 2 doesn't scream "hidden gem".

We'll see what happens after Allison signs. The guy you're touting as a find will likely never see a meaningful down. But if he does, then yes, he will absolutely be viewed as a hidden gem. But you're hyping him way early, IMO ...

This is not accurate.

Malik Rosier
Brad Kaaya
Trayone Gray
Walter Tucker
Braxton Berrios
Rashawn Scott
Alex Gall
Demetrius Jackson
Courtel Jenkins
Darrion Owens
Juwon Young
Corn Elder

Advertisement
Back