Corey Holmes (ND transfer WR)

Yes being him in. Need players that have experience.

We only have one receiver on the roster with experience and that is Richardson. So everyone else is unknown. If he is available I would take him.

Having

Richardson
Caged
Mullins
Thomas
Hartley
Berious
Notre Dame transfer

Would be ideal for depth and injuries which will occur.

Exactly! You lose nothing by having him here for one year. That still doesn't mean you won't have people without an ounce of football knowledge labeling him a bum.

I'm not sure where the scholarship number are at. Maybe the available slots are earmarked for other positions. Just a guess if they do turn him away.

Advertisement
If their ultimate plan is to put DeeJay at CB to help with depth there then yes I would bring him in. Harris is a excellent blocker but he doesn't have speed. If not then no I think they should pass.

No point anymore. Numbers are 85% there and better spent on '18

Lots of people seem to forget this, so perhaps it needs to be repeated.

Grad transfers DO NOT impact 2018 at all. We have plenty of 2017 scholarships to give to grad transfers.

We only have one receiver on the roster with experience and that is Richardson. So everyone else is unknown. If he is available I would take him.

Having

Richardson
Caged
Mullins
Thomas
Hartley
Berious
Notre Dame transfer

Tell me about this Richardson cat!!

Ahmmon had a baby boy.

Grad transfers DO NOT impact 2018 at all. We have plenty of 2017 scholarships to give to grad transfers.

You sure? He's a rs jr next season so he still has 2 years of eligibility left.

If we take him it seems like there will be one less opportunity for an early enrollee in 2018 and one less scholarship.

Advertisement

If we take him it seems like there will be one less opportunity for an early enrollee in 2018 and one less scholarship.

Wasn't talking about scholarship numbers, only WR numbers. As he is also, imo, not as talented as current targets, UM should be more focused on the 18 WR class.

Wasn't talking about scholarship numbers, only WR numbers. As he is also, imo, not as talented as current targets, UM should be more focused on the 18 WR class.

Wasn't replying to you....

We signed 4 receivers this year to go along with

Richards
Mullins
Berrios
Cager
Harris
Langham

We good.....
Save the scholarship for 2018 class...
And don't give me we are throwing freshman out there.... receiver is the easiest position for freshman to come in and produce at

Wasn't replying to you....[/QUOTE]

My b, not great with quotes.

Advertisement
Holmes has 2 years left. If it was only 1, you could take him to redshirt some of the '17 kids.

We need to have our eyes open for RB, TE, CB grad transfers and DT transfers with >1 year to play.

Holmes has 2 years left. If it was only 1, you could take him to redshirt some of the '17 kids.

We need to have our eyes open for RB, TE, CB grad transfers and DT transfers with >1 year to play.

Only need dline transfers(glen logan) if they have multiple years left. Other than that we don't need them this year.
What you listing tight end for? Herndon is a true number 1 tight end and jovani Haskins and Irvin has a lot of ability...

Only transfers that can help us this year possible is db and running back

Only need dline transfers(glen logan) if they have multiple years left. Other than that we don't need them this year.
What you listing tight end for? Herndon is a true number 1 tight end and jovani Haskins and Irvin has a lot of ability...

What about OL? I know we recruited well, but we need that group to play much better.

Chicago Tribune says he is graduating this summer.

Notre Dame WR Corey Holmes to transfer, 3rd Irish player leaving - Chicago Tribune

Last edited:
Advertisement

Notre Dame WR Corey Holmes to transfer, 3rd Irish player leaving - Chicago Tribune

Doesn't matter. Jacob Coker graduated from FSU as a rs sophomore and played 2 years at Bama.

I say if it allows one of our freshman to redshirt bring him in. No point burning a shirt for a couple series against Ark state

Doesn't matter. Jacob Coker graduated from FSU as a rs sophomore and played 2 years at Bama.

Again, he is a grad transfer, which means he DOES NOT COUNT towards our "initial counter" limitation, which is the more RELEVANT limitation we have right now. We can max out on our "initial counters" for 2017, and we STILL will not hit 85.

As for the concept of "early enrollees", you can move FIVE GUYS backwards or forwards in time, in order to count against a prior or regular class count. Seeing as how we took 10 (and we have had early enrollees for years), there is no way in **** we are going to be able to use any January 2018 enrollees against our 2017 numbers. So we will have a hard-cap signee number next year, and will likely be under 85 AGAIN (after some attrition). We have to keep pumping the system up with regular transfers and JuCo transfers until the numbers reach equilibrium (i.e., we need to add numbers of upperclassmen, as the freshmen numbers will eventually balance out).

The translation is that you can take a grad transfer who has 2 years to play.

Advertisement

Having

Richardson
Caged
Mullins
Thomas
Hartley
Berious
Notre Dame transfer

Exactly! You lose nothing by having him here for one year. That still doesn't mean you won't have people without an ounce of football knowledge labeling him a bum.

Cory has 2 years left and he is eligible to play right away at his next school, because he graduated in less than 3 years thanks to summer classes, UNC is on him hard as per conversation with his Dad, before signing day Miami was keeping in touch with him through direct messaging stating that they were interested they just wanted to see how the receivers position unfolded. I assume now he is not a take for UM.

Having

Richardson
Caged
Mullins
Thomas
Hartley
Berious
Notre Dame transfer

How about having him here for two years? Get your **** straight, sir, before you decide to be a condescending cvnt with your overwhelming football knowledge, sir.

What about OL? I know we recruited well, but we need that group to play much better.

We are bring back 5 experienced starters and some good talent as well. Continue to build for the next year. Ain't no point in bringing in transfers at oline. We have more than enough and can quality players to pick and choose who starts

We are bring back 5 experienced starters and some good talent as well. Continue to build for the next year. Ain't no point in bringing in transfers at oline. We have more than enough and can quality players to pick and choose who starts

That's a **** of a way to spin it. Berrios (huge underperformer) and Richards. Who knows if Cager is still hurt. Harris and Langham haven't done much of anything yet. The WR position is still hurting, that's why they're willing to put DJ there right away. If we can get a guy who might be able to help, you bring him in. This "wait for next year's recruits" mentality is a played out shtick that rarely comes to fruition.

Advertisement
Back