Corey Collier Article (Commits To Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is he a 5 star if he is not a take for us at a position of need? I’m asking seriously as I have seen people say he’s not all that on here. I would assume he’s good enough for us???

Jaamal Berry was close to a 5 star. Palmetto kids get overrated all the time.

Advertisement
You’re going to become a legend on here with this prediction - in a good way - I can feel it. I figured all the Palmetto kids are headed to the gaytors based on the way they talk. I’d love to see them be wrong.
Actually, if the kid is a certified JAG, I'd rather he go to the Gaytors or Semenholes

Look at how society has changed!
Society always changes. We're not exactly like our parents. Now being born and raised in Miami and repping Canes was the sentiment of the majority back in the day.

Advertisement
No idea but I think the last one to pan out and make the NFL was Chris Myers. When Berry was being recruited the soft label was thrown around a lot for him and their players generally.

Randall Evans from Kstate is the last Palmetto NFL player. Transferred there from South Miami. Walked-on at KSU through his connection from Michael Beasley, while he was going with his sister.

An overrated palmetto player was highly rated DE Delvin Jones. He transferred in for La Salle for his senior year. He started getting attention because he bombed Lamarcus Joyner at the SFE tryout, at 6’6” while running a 10.7, IIRC. After that play he received a bunch of attention from different schools and recruiting websites. Dude had all the measurables, but was average on the field.

Berry wasn’t soft at all. I coached him at sunniland, and against him at Columbus. He benched 315lbs when he was 165 at 15 years old and played violent on the field. He was a power back with good moves all throughout pop warner, until his speed developed towards the end of his junior year.
Ran for the most yards against us both his junior and senior year and that includes us holding Lamar Miller to 29 yards on 19 carries with us having the #1 ranked defense in the state.

Advertisement
This breaks my **** heart. That is the kid I want in this class.

after watching him in the Miami rivals camp clips, I’m fine if he doesn’t come. Stiff kid that lacks lateral mobility you’re looking for. Should be a safety at the next level but i didn’t see much on his video that would say “must take” for us.

Advertisement
He’s making some intriguing comments in his IG story, unfortunately these kids have made me cynical so he could very well be trolling the Canes fam.

Has anyone heard anything more?

Advertisement
BFE370CC-1DCF-41C8-8004-2D9605E0A2AC.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back