Corey Collier Article (Commits To Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LSU recruiting insider:

Corey Raymond has been recruiting him hard and at safety, but I just talked to an LSU source who said this one is going to come down to whether or not Orgeron wants to take him. They think they get Wiggins and have Gee. That’s a CB and S. They will most likely get Sage. So that’s a S or nickel type. Then they are still after some corners and then safeties like Mukuba, Davis, Arnold, etc.

They are going to figure out where they stand on the big board over this next week and then I’ll be able to pass on more on Collier. LSU had hoped this would be one that played out a bit longer before he decided so they could get him to campus and all that.

Wiltfong says he was told they speak to him every day. They are feeling good about Wiggins right now, too. This may force his hand to commit

Corey Raymond has told him he is a “DB” who could play both. But the feeling is that he most likely winds up at safety.

Advertisement
Never once discussed him or cared to discuss him for that matter. Severely overrated.

I agree, but if we took Keshawn Washington last year... surely we can take Corey Collier (I know spots are limited)... he probably isn't coming anyway

Advertisement
From the article it sounds like Miami or Florida. He has never visited LSU and is committing in a couple weeks. He did not have good things to say about FSU. Didn’t mention Georgia or Clemson. I’m guessing Miami. Would be a great addition.
What did he say about FSU?

I think so too but I know they want James Williams as well. we don’t need 3 safeties after taking 4 last year.
Don’t think all 3 end up at safety. The only reason I’m seeing smoke with Collier is that none of the top 6 make sense and we have momentum at Palmetto. Maybe he has the green light at striker?

Advertisement
Collier's father played in Tallahassee from 1999 to 2002.

"It's not really that strong with them," Collier said when asked about his relationship with the Seminoles. "Like they are the least favorite right now. They talk to me from time to time and whatever."
They just aren’t trying down here. Is the backlash for firing Telly that strong? I mean, they have Dugans, south Florida is loaded at WR, and they aren’t on anybody? Seems like, connections or not, they should be trying...

They just aren’t trying down here. Is the backlash for firing Telly that strong? I mean, they have Dugans, south Florida is loaded at WR, and they aren’t on anybody? Seems like, connections or not, they should be trying...

Whatever the reason, that’s good news for us. Gotta strike while the other Florida programs are down with recruiting. Though I’m not sure Collier makes my list for the available spots in this class.

Whatever the reason, that’s good news for us. Gotta strike while the other Florida programs are down with recruiting. Though I’m not sure Collier makes my list for the available spots in this class.
On Collier, I’m not either but I can see why they would. Plant that flag in the ground.

Advertisement
It's not quite the same scenario, but Collier's situation in some ways reminds me of Josh Sanguinetti from 2019. Although Sanguinetti was never as highly ranked to begin with and the drop for Collier was not as steep. Similar build, measurements, testing results. High school testing numbers of course should be taken with a grain of salt and Collier's is from 1+ years ago. And Sanguinetti ended up at Indiana while Collier is choosing from an elite group of schools. Do you guys think he is being that heavily recruited by his list? Does Miami's interest have more to do with Taylor and Marshall? I'm wary of the early hype and subsequent heavy decline after camps, testing, etc. situations like the Henry Gray's of the world. Considering the safeties we've been bringing in and the on-paper insane looking '22 class, I'd personally pass, but I suppose if you feel he has ANY effect on the other Palmetto kids you might not have much choice.

Are the Palmetto kids really a package deal though? Maybe Collier would improve our chances with Marshall marginally. But I doubt it.

IMHO, just get the absolute best class possible and win some games if we have a season. Don’t take a kid who has a lot of other options and isn’t a priority target unless he absolutely wants to come here.

Advertisement
No idea but I think the last one to pan out and make the NFL was Chris Myers. When Berry was being recruited the soft label was thrown around a lot for him and their players generally.

Cecil Collins was on the same team as Chris Meyers, and Collier SR. Cecil was a **** of a high school back balled at Colorado state and hung in the league with the Broncos for a while. Collier Sr. was a baller that should have had big college career, but didn’t work out that way.

Cecil Collins was on the same team as Chris Meyers, and Collier SR. Cecil was a **** of a high school back balled at Colorado state and hung in the league with the Broncos for a while. Collier Sr. was a baller that should have had big college career, but didn’t work out that way.

Cecil the diesel ?

Are the Palmetto kids really a package deal though? Maybe Collier would improve our chances with Marshall marginally. But I doubt it.

IMHO, just get the absolute best class possible and win some games if we have a season. Don’t take a kid who has a lot of other options and isn’t a priority target unless he absolutely wants to come here.

No package deals. They’re all their own dude.

Maybe Smith and LT put pressure on Marshall and get him to jump. But as of right now that’s a long shot

LSU recruiting insider:

Corey Raymond has been recruiting him hard and at safety, but I just talked to an LSU source who said this one is going to come down to whether or not Orgeron wants to take him. They think they get Wiggins and have Gee. That’s a CB and S. They will most likely get Sage. So that’s a S or nickel type. Then they are still after some corners and then safeties like Mukuba, Davis, Arnold, etc.

They are going to figure out where they stand on the big board over this next week and then I’ll be able to pass on more on Collier. LSU had hoped this would be one that played out a bit longer before he decided so they could get him to campus and all that.

Wiltfong says he was told they speak to him every day. They are feeling good about Wiggins right now, too. This may force his hand to commit

Corey Raymond has told him he is a “DB” who could play both. But the feeling is that he most likely winds up at safety.
Corey is getting KILLED at corner. LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The best way to use him is to bulk him up & make him an in the box safety/rover like a poor man's Jaquan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back