Cord Sandberg - 4* QB recruit

TheRichtShow

Sophomore
Premium
Since MJJ isn't coming, can someone let the staff know about this guy?

4* Dual threat QB in the 2012 class, put up huge numbers at Manatee HS and signed with Miss St. He decided to play baseball, but now wants to go back to football.

Auburn has offered, LSU/UF want him (neither has a scholarship available right now though). This kid is a better option than almost anyone in the 2019 class, assuming he still can throw.

Former 4-star quarterback says he has walk-on offer from LSU

Advertisement
Does anyone have any real evidence the MJJ is not coming to Miami? I keep reading it on this board but it seems to be all heresay or speculation.

It's recruiting so having any real evidence is basically non-existent.

People feel unconfident about MJJ just based on how things seem to be going.

Does anyone have any real evidence the MJJ is not coming to Miami? I keep reading it on this board but it seems to be all heresay or speculation.

Agree with you on the speculation. Some moderators have previously written Penn State may be trending up or in the lead. And maybe it’s out there but I haven’t seen anything specifically from this recruit stating this (that’s what I would consider as evidence).
With all that fluid / business decision stuff you hear about ... who knows?

Advertisement

4* Dual threat QB in the 2012 class, put up huge numbers at Manatee HS and signed with Miss St. He decided to play baseball, but now wants to go back to football.

Auburn has offered, LSU/UF want him (neither has a scholarship available right now though). This kid is a better option than almost anyone in the 2019 class, assuming he still can throw.

Doesn't Mark have experience really old QB after failed baseball career?

Lefty. Don't want.

JK

His form is atrocious, but the ball has some zip on it. Hard to take much if anything away from that film, but if he wants to come here as a preferred walk on (he won't), why not?

Nice find OP. If we end up hearing that UM gets involved in recruiting him, great. If not, I'm not losing any sleep over it. Will be interesting to see what happens with the "kid".

No way.

He's a pass.

Was never very good.

Advertisement
Low ceiling guy. Very well coached by a HS coaching legend in the area, had a few playmakers around him and solid Defense. Release point was off and who knows what his throwing motion is like with a football after 6 years in baseball.

Looks like he has a decent arm and nice touch. His motion is horrible though and probably only worse now after playing baseball. I'd like to believe there's a better low-upside prospect than this guy available.

Looks like he has a decent arm and nice touch. His motion is horrible though and probably only worse now after playing baseball. I'd like to believe there's a better low-upside prospect than this guy available.

He has no touch.

He always threw like a baseball player. All pace and no touch.

Advertisement
Most kids that sign baseball contracts have clauses which pay for their 4 year education should baseball not work out. This is the perfect walk-on, self paid and won't count against the 85 max.

Advertisement
Lefty. Don't want.

JK

His form is atrocious, but the ball has some zip on it. Hard to take much if anything away from that film, but if he wants to come here as a preferred walk on (he won't), why not?

Nice find OP. If we end up hearing that UM gets involved in recruiting him, great. If not, I'm not losing any sleep over it. Will be interesting to see what happens with the "kid".

Max is a lefty sooooooo? JK or half serious?

Chris Weinke, Brandon Weeden?

I'd take either of those Uncle Ricos.

If a guy can play, who cares that he's played baseball for a few years? The question is if he's better than our other options in 2019.

So you’re saying this guy is that good?

Or is he more likely a guy for whom nobody has seen any film for the last SIX YEARS.

Maybe there’s some better options out there before we throw this desperate heave. Just saying.

Advertisement
Back