CoRch BRian KeRlly

So the guy that vehemently defends golden thinks another coach sucks because he supposedly does less with more? Never mind that coach took them to a national championship and has made them more relevant than they had been over the last twenty plus years. OP is a mental midget

What a ******* load of crap.

Nowhere on this board have I ever defended Golden. I've repeatedly said he should be gone.

Of course, on this board, anyone who does't want to fly a banner is a Golden lover. **** rational discussions...**** the facts.

This thread has nothing to do with Golden. NOTHING. But, since you want to bring it to that level...

You want to stack up Golden's classes against Kelly's? You want to talk about a school that has all the resources in the world (ND) versus a school who plays in a stadium that everyone hates, with mediocre-at-best training facilities and little support from fans or admin? You want to talk about a coach who was supposed to be a home-run hire (Kelly) versus a guy who noone but insiders knew much about (Golden)?

That's the point, ****stick. Given their history and big money, ND should be in the NC hunt every year. Given that Brian Kelly was supposed to be a ******* superhero, he's had 4 years in which he's scraped by to get 7 or 8 wins, and one decent year in which he got embarrassed in the NC game.

That's doing less with more.

Advertisement
Kelly has 24 years as a HC to judge him on. His record speaks for itself. But, yeah he has underperformed at ND.

Brian Kelly has won at every level. Took Cinci to an undefeated season and a Sugar Bowl in year 3. Took Notre Dame to a NC in year 3. They've disappointed this year, but to call the guy an underachiever is hilarious.

Brian Kelly has won at every level. Took Cinci to an undefeated season and a Sugar Bowl in year 3. Took Notre Dame to a NC in year 3. They've disappointed this year, but to call the guy an underachiever is hilarious.

Not just this year. They've disappointed in 4 out of his 5 seasons. Christ, they've only finished ranked in the top 20 once in his five years.

Advertisement
Is there a coach doing less with more right now?

Preseason ranked top 10/15.

Start 6-0...Mid-season collapse, starting with barely squeaking by UNC in a shootout, loses to FSU, ASU, and sub-.500 Northwestern team, now goes down to Louisville. Also likely a L to USC coming up, to end the season at 7-5.

They get ranked high in the preseason every year. Just because they don't finish there doesn't mean he's doing less with more. I would take that man in a heartbeat

Way more talent on the Canes than at Notre Dame.

Not according to recruiting rankings.

Advertisement
Why does this thread exist? Yes, he and Notre Dame are underachieving this season.

Are you trying to compare Brian Kelly and Al Golden? LOL if you're going to compare a coach that's won two DII National Championships and been to 3 BCS bowls(one of which was the NC) to AL F'N GOLDEN. Ha!

Why does this thread exist? Yes, he and Notre Dame are underachieving this season.

Are you trying to compare Brian Kelly and Al Golden? LOL if you're going to compare a coach that's won two DII National Championships and been to 3 BCS bowls(one of which was the NC) to AL F'N GOLDEN. Ha!

God****, can you people read?

No, this post was not meant to compare Golden to Kelly.

This post was meant to point out that Kelly has massively underperformed at ND. Not just this year, but in 4 of his 5 years there. With the wealth of talent and all the money and support and facilities that he has at his disposal, he's done a **** job in all but one year there.

Again, this post has NOTHING TO DO WITH GOLDEN.

It has to do with the fact that Kelly was supposed to be some great coach, but hasn't lived up to the hype.

Last edited:
The OP compares Kelly to EVERY ******* COACH IN CFB.

Here's the opening statement: "Is there a coach doing less with more right now?"

Holy ****. Yeah, people can read, you imbecile.

Is there a coach doing less with more right now?

Preseason ranked top 10/15.

Start 6-0...Mid-season collapse, starting with barely squeaking by UNC in a shootout, loses to FSU, ASU, and sub-.500 Northwestern team, now goes down to Louisville. Also likely a L to USC coming up, to end the season at 7-5.

They get ranked high in the preseason every year. Just because they don't finish there doesn't mean he's doing less with more. I would take that man in a heartbeat

Meh. If you're gonna be covering up rapes and killing students in scissorlifts then I'm going to need more than one shellacking in a NC game. Get me at least on title and then we can talk about how much it'll cost to settle with the next Declan Sullivan's family.

I'd trade anything for even a shot at the title

Advertisement

This post was meant to point out that Kelly has massively underperformed at ND. Not just this year, but in 4 of his 5 years there. With the wealth of talent and all the money and support and facilities that he has at his disposal, he's done a **** job in all but one year there.

It has to do with the fact that Kelly was supposed to be some great coach, but hasn't lived up to the hype.

I direct you to my first sentence. Why does this thread exist? Who cares about Brian Kelly?

The OP compares Kelly to EVERY ******* COACH IN CFB.

Here's the opening statement: "Is there a coach doing less with more right now?"

Holy ****. Yeah, people can read, you imbecile.

Let's try to be civil, ****face.

If your contention is that Golden is doing less with more, what's it based on? The article written by Vish and linked earlier in this thread looks only at NFL draft talent this year. Which seems to point to UM having more draftable talent than ND.

BUT, How many kids has ND had drafted over the last 4-5 years? How many has UM had?

Not only that, but if you look at recruiting classes, Kelly has continually outperformed Golden, sometimes by wide margins. So Kelly is getting the top-rated kids in, and they're still losing 4,5,6 games per season for 4 out of his 5 years. Meanwhile, Golden has gotten lower ranked classes, has apparently developed them better for the NFL, but still loses 5 or 6 games per season.

On top of which, Kelly has several advantages at ND that Golden doesn't have at UM. Money, admin support, facilities, fan support...those all weigh in favor of Kelly. Not to mention he didm;t have to deal with schools restrictions, "the cloud", etc.

When I say that Kelly is doing less with more...it's because his situation at ND is about the best situation a coach could hope for, and he's wildly underperforming. Al has dealt with a lot of **** and is underperforming. Two different things. Not defending Golden--obviously, he should be gone. But that doesn't mean Kelly isn't CoRching the **** out of ND as well.

Last edited:

I direct you to my first sentence. Why does this thread exist? Who cares about Brian Kelly?

Who cares about Muschamp? Or Spurrier? Or any other coach that there have been threads here about?

Don't like the topic? Don't respond.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back