Corbin Gibson ??

Advertisement
If Miami does offer?

“I’d end up committing to them,” Gibson said. “The coaches have made me feel that was my school for the next four years. I’ve been to Florida, have been to Florida State, other places and it just stood out from other schools. They’ve made me feel very at home.”

A 6-foot-4, 216-pounder Gibson runs a 4.52 in the 40. He finished this past season with 130 tackles and one interception. He could play on either side of the ball in college but UM is looking at him mainly for defense.

Advertisement
6'4...215....

Kid looks like the great eraser playing safety in some of these clips. Definitely dont see 4.5 speed but he is also a long strider so it could be misleading...

Well he's 6'4 217 he looks like a Greg Rousseu clone. He can be a Defensive End @ 4.52 or a great receiving Tight end. If he came in early he would easily be up too 235 before the season. Too big for a defensive back,. This kid is a jumbo athlete and a must take. He is your second tight end in this class.

Advertisement
Whoa where did he come from?

I tried to explain in a thread yesterday there will be quite a few recruits like this that just come out of nowhere but there is a certain portion on this board that feels if its not common knowledge and there are no recruiting articles then this "staph" must not be doing " there job" or they " cant recruit" like I said yesterday we will be more than fine.

I tried to explain in a thread yesterday there will be quite a few recruits like this that just come out of nowhere but there is a certain portion on this board that feels if its not common knowledge and there are no recruiting articles then this "staph" must not be doing " there job" or they " cant recruit" like I said yesterday we will be more than fine.

If a staff finds a "diamond in the rough" why would they ever tell anyone "we found someone that very few others no about"?

Advertisement
Striker or OLb...If offense then TE not out of the question. Because he's 215ish now I believe?

Like his tape a lot, moves for a big kid.

If you are talking developmental LB (maybe striker), I'd send K.Washington packing (how is he still committed?) and take this kid in a heartbeat?

Last edited:
He definitely does not run a 4.5, and if anything he is an OLB, he looks even slower than Finley. I like Harrel at striker more.

Advertisement
Big athlete, good size. Lacks the twitch that GR has but is a take as an athlete. No explosiveness. He looks like a bigger Derrick Smith, the safety that transferred out earlier before the season. Get him on campus and find the best position for him. After two years working with Feely this kid could be a 230-235 beast. His best position is WLB or TE.

I say WLB because of the amount of spread we face. He has some ball skills and is used to playing in space. Covering backs and spying on athletic, running type spread QBs would be something he should excel at.

Ya he's rated that, but seems like he's fallen off map since spring/early summer?

His numbers dont suggest that. Stick with his results on the field not rankings. This guy is solid. He's not a safety he'sca future olb

Advertisement
Back