Coral Gables Regional - Miami vs. Stony

It's time old man Morris hansg it up and calls it quits. Program needs new blood.

I think regardless of what we do in this regional; the fact that he got us to host will keep him around another year.
just getting to a regional would have been enough to keep him around

40 consecutive appearances. He has been the symbol of consistent mediocrity the past 10 years.

So, like football and basketball, she will wait until the program hits absolute rock bottom, costing the program more years, even decades, of steady decline.

This was a gift Regional. No crap about how good Stony Brook is, it was a miracle break from having to go to UF and lose what, our 30th and 31st game in a row to them?

The team was totally unprepared, and mentally out of the game from the start. (typical Morris ball)

We wouldn't have ever even faced Florida had we been put in the Gainesville regional. We would have lost 2 in a row and gone home.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's time old man Morris hansg it up and calls it quits. Program needs new blood.

I think regardless of what we do in this regional; the fact that he got us to host will keep him around another year.

40 consecutive appearances. He has been the symbol of consistent mediocrity the past 10 years.

So, like football and basketball, she will wait until the program hits absolute rock bottom, costing the program more years, even decades, of steady decline.

This was a gift Regional. No crap about how good Stony Brook is, it was a miracle break from having to go to UF and lose what, our 30th and 31st game in a row to them?

The team was totally unprepared, and mentally out of the game from the start. (typical Morris ball)

Couldn't agree more. It is a steady yet slippery slope and we are on it already - just like the football team was with Coker (And of course a much larger fall with Shannon). I've long been a baseball supporter and Morris fan, but it is clear the lack of fundamentals and overall talent on his team is lacking and is not getting better. I have never been so frustrated watching a team play on any level, let alone a team hosting a college baseball regional. Unfortunately I think it will take a few more years to see Morris out the door unless he decides to retire. When the powers sit back and evaluate the job of Morris, I doubt they are going to weigh just one game. They will look at the overall body of work and facts are facts - We were nationally ranked, went to the ACC title game and hosted a regional. It doesn't matter that we were saved by a gifted transfer, benefited from a horrible pool structured tournament and tie breaker or didn't deserve to host in anyone's eyes, including most Cane fans. I'm not happy with it, but that's the way they'll look at it. I thought Morris would have been a terrific AD when the opportunity presented itself a couple years ago. With that said, I still have faith we will be playing for a Super. Ewing and Whaley will be stoppers, then we need to find a way to out UCF (or S Brook) twice. Go Canes!!

Couldn't agree more. It is a steady yet slippery slope and we are on it already - just like the football team was with Coker (And of course a much larger fall with Shannon). I've long been a baseball supporter and Morris fan, but it is clear the lack of fundamentals and overall talent on his team is lacking and is not getting better. I have never been so frustrated watching a team play on any level, let alone a team hosting a college baseball regional. Unfortunately I think it will take a few more years to see Morris out the door unless he decides to retire. When the powers sit back and evaluate the job of Morris, I doubt they are going to weigh just one game. They will look at the overall body of work and facts are facts - We were nationally ranked, went to the ACC title game and hosted a regional. It doesn't matter that we were saved by a gifted transfer, benefited from a horrible pool structured tournament and tie breaker or didn't deserve to host in anyone's eyes, including most Cane fans. I'm not happy with it, but that's the way they'll look at it. I thought Morris would have been a terrific AD when the opportunity presented itself a couple years ago. With that said, I still have faith we will be playing for a Super. Ewing and Whaley will be stoppers, then we need to find a way to out UCF (or S Brook) twice. Go Canes!!

I have seen this coming for awhile now The program is shell of its for self. The program has been badly managed by Morrris for several years Morris as become our Bobby Bowden

Advertisement
I agree with the Bowden comparison. The program isn't even a shell of what it was imo at this time. What makes the situation tough in real life, not on the internets, is the fact that #3 is a hall of fame coach. Baseball isn't a money maker. I think you take those two factors and it makes it difficult in real life to actually fire #3. I will say this though, if he gets canned I'd like to see a house cleaning. Don't think I want to see a in house promo.

I agree with the Bowden comparison. The program isn't even a shell of what it was imo at this time. What makes the situation tough in real life, not on the internets, is the fact that #3 is a hall of fame coach. Baseball isn't a money maker. I think you take those two factors and it makes it difficult in real life to actually fire #3. I will say this though, if he gets canned I'd like to see a house cleaning. Don't think I want to see a in house promo.

Bingo. Hard to push a legend out in a sport that doesn't garner much interest or revenue. As long as they are well above .500 in ACC and hosting regionals, #3 is here to stay.

Advertisement

Bingo. Hard to push a legend out in a sport that doesn't garner much interest or revenue. As long as they are well above .500 in ACC and hosting regionals, #3 is here to stay.

But to be fair, if we lose in this regional it should signal a need for a major change. This definitely has the feel of the Comer last years though atleast #3 did something to sustain and build upon what was in place upon his arrival.

there has always been an interest in miami baseball.......but lately that interest has started to fall

and college baseball as a whole isnt a revenue generator for the schools........but top programs are at least able to sustain themselves without becoming a drain on the rest of the athletic budget and with a deep run......programs can actually make money

the baseball tourney is the 2nd biggest revenue stream for the ncaa behind march madness

it isnt about just making a regional

its about keeping people interested.......coming to games.......having a top program that is on tv as often as possible during what is a limited tv schedule and making it out of a regional and making it to omaha

Advertisement
Back