Coppin State game today at 2 pm

Advertisement

I don't like "buy games" in any way shape or form. I am glad Miami won and it appears they have improved defensively but this opponent is a lower level Division 1 team so it is hard to tell. The game against Clemson will tell us more about Miami after the Christmas break.

IMO, playing FIU at the Orange Bowl Classic would have been a better test than a "buy games" at an empty Watsco Center. JMO.

Last edited:

18-38 for the 3 point line. This may be the way Miami plays in the future considering the fact the Rodney Miller was 0-1 with 5 rebounds in 21 minutes. FYI, Rodney only had 2 fouls for the game. With Matt Cross and Earl Timberlake coming next season, forty 3 point attempts may become the future of Miami basketball. Hopefully, Miami finds two bigs to help with rebounding and rim protection. Especially since Miami got outrebounded 40-38 against Coppin State.

The former Maryland player will be coaching at a higher level soon. Defensively, Coppin State is strong, they just could not score the basketball.

Advertisement

Key points per Coach L

1. Best offensive and defensive performance of the year per Coach L. That is why he scheduled them as an opponent IMO.
2. 38 3 point attempts is too many for Coach L. I guess he wants to see more Rodney Miller left handed and right handed hook shots.
3. Sam plays better around the start of a new year per Coach L.
4. Kam must score early and often for Miami to win per Coach L.
5. Too much talk about a walk-on and no one asked Coach L about the reduction of Anthony Walker's minutes.
6. Per Coach L, Miami is shorthanded and that is what he told Filipos Gkogkos when they first met on the first day of school. SMH.

Last edited:

Key points per Coach L

1. Best offensive and defensive performance of the year per Coach L. That is why he scheduled them as an opponent IMO.
2. 38 3 point attempts is too many for Coach L. I guess he wants to see more Rodney Miller left handed and right handed hook shots.
3. Sam plays better around the start of a new year per Coach L.
4. Kam must score early and often for Miami to win per Coach L.
5. Too much talk about a walk-on and no one asked Coach L about the reduction of Anthony Walker's minutes.
6. Per Coach L, Miami is shorthanded and that is what he told Filipos Gkogkos when they first met on the first day of school. SMH.

3 questions about a walkon, but none of them think to ask about Stone, who left the game with an injury.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back