Coppin State game today at 2 pm

Advertisement
Sam is continuing his good run of late with 15 points and 11 rebounds

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Hope the announcers are right, saying it's the other leg not the ACL injury leg, he was tending to. Still could be bad but maybe this is relatively good news.

My "won't break 90" bet with Da Lucky One - could be safe - if Only Willie shoots from here on out... sigh.

Everyone in on the final 2 minutes, reminds me of Take the Kids the Work today.

Advertisement
Blowout wins are kind of fun, kind of not fun. How helpful do you guys think this game ended up being? We shot 38 three pointers; Coppin State had fewer turnovers and more boards (way more if you're looking at offensive boards only)...

We win 91-60 shooting a record number of 3s

Looked like a cramp with Stone. Hopefully.

Better second half but need more out of the freshmen.

On to conference play

Before I address anything else, I think we MAY have a consistent and reliable player in our front court.

Here are Sam’s last 6 games:

Coppin St: 29 Minutes, 15 Points and 11 Rebounds
Temple: 35 Minutes, 8 Points and 5 Rebounds
AAMU: 29 Minutes, 11 Points and 9 Rebounds
ILL: 31 Minutes, 12 Points and 8 Rebounds
Conn: 23 Minutes, 6 Points and 5 Rebounds
UF: 22 Minutes, 5 Points and 5 Rebounds

Oh and he has 8 Blocks during those games.

Averages: 28 Minutes, 9.5 Points, 7 Rebounds and 1.3 Blocks

I only have two minor negatives and I think Sam can avoid/fix them:

1. After you grab the defensive rebound; hold the **** ball. I am not sure why Sam still has some issues after he does the difficult part (i.e. grab the rebound). Sam has 9 TOs over the last 6 games and I will take the bad with the good, especially with that production, but this is easily correctable. Sam isn’t the only player that struggles with this either.

2. FTs: He is 10-19 for the year. For his career he is 71%. He needs to get into the 70% range again.

Some other random stuff:

1. DJ: I want DJ to shoot 7-8 3s per game. I don't mind if he shoots more (he went 3-11). He didn't have the best shooting day (5-15 FG) but those FTs were the a tremendous help (8-8 FT).

2. Kam: Great game overall (minus the 4 TOs) but I think everyone will take 28 Points, 5 Rebounds, 2 Assists and 3 Steals in 29 Minutes. Obviously the opponent didn't have a pulse but a darn good game. His rebounding has a been a tremendous difference for our team.

3. Guards: We didn't need our freshman as our starters combined for 65 points. With the freshman, that is 71 points. Not bad. Even though Bev didn't score that many points, he did add 6 Assists and 4 Rebounds. He also only had 1 TO.

Advertisement
Back