In a related story, our offense thrives right after halftime, outscoring our opponents 145-56 in the 3rd quarter. Also good.
David Hale @DavidHaleESPN 1h1 hour ago
Amazing stat: #Miami D stopped 29.2% of run plays for loss/no gain, better than any other P5 defense. A year ago: 14%, 63rd of 65 teams.
David Hale @DavidHaleESPN 1h1 hour ago
Miami D vs run plays (non-sack):
2015: 5.83 yd/rush, 24 TDs, 14% stopped for loss/no gain.
2016: 4.06 yd/rush, 8 TD, 29% stopped for loss/ng
I'm depressed now.
This is basically Manny's philosophy in a single stat. If he can find a way to combine that with tighter zones and less reliance on blitzing in 3rd down situations, we have ourselves a dominant defense capable of winning meaningful games.David Hale @DavidHaleESPN 1h1 hour ago
Amazing stat: #Miami D stopped 29.2% of run plays for loss/no gain, better than any other P5 defense. A year ago: 14%, 63rd of 65 teams.
David Hale @DavidHaleESPN 1h1 hour ago
Miami D vs run plays (non-sack):
2015: 5.83 yd/rush, 24 TDs, 14% stopped for loss/no gain.
2016: 4.06 yd/rush, 8 TD, 29% stopped for loss/ng
Funny. I haven't thrown up the "4" hand signal since FSU 2014. I promised my gameday crew I'd start when we win a single meaningful game.It will be nice to have the "4th quarter belongs to us" statement actually be meaningful again.