Cook's grandma says she thinks he is going FSU

Yea and I remember posters saying the same thing last year when Burns was committed to Bama. Plenty of 'insiders' saying they knew for a fact he was already bought and paid for, how did that work out? Same for Jamal Carter when he looked like he was going to LSU and same for Bush and Howard when they appeared to be headed elsewhere. Plenty of 'insiders' were confirming that they knew without a doubt these guys were bought and paid for. Then they switched to Miami and suddendly all those claims went away. Seeing a trend yet?

Look players get paid, you will never see me disputing that. But it has become to go-to explanation every time a recruit from south florida looks like he's going elsewhere and more times than not it's bull****.

Advertisement
It's good the kid get's to get out of south Florida and see how bad the weather is in other places this time of year.

Yea and I remember posters saying the same thing last year when Burns was committed to Bama. Plenty of 'insiders' saying they knew for a fact he was already bought and paid for, how did that work out? Same for Jamal Carter when he looked like he was going to LSU and same for Bush and Howard when they appeared to be headed elsewhere. Plenty of 'insiders' were confirming that they knew without a doubt these guys were bought and paid for. Then they switched to Miami and suddendly all those claims went away. Seeing a trend yet?

Look players get paid, you will never see me disputing that. But it has become to go-to explanation every time a recruit from south florida looks like he's going elsewhere and more times than not it's bull****.

Yes cause everyone figured out you need to recruit down here. This is best breeding ground for skill players in the nation. Everyone wants 1 of these studs, so what better way than $$$$$$$ . The kids that do stay home, most of them love their hometown, but there are some that go away because schools, mainly SEC schools now show them $$$$$$$

Well I never once claimed Burns or Carter were paid. Nor do I claim to have any "inside" info. I dont accuse every kid leaving So Fla of being paid. I never ONCE said BOO about Alex Collins, or Mattew Thomas, or Denver Kirkland last year. In fact, if you were around, you would remember I got HAMMERED most of the recruiting season when I kept saying that my sense was that those kids didnt want to be here, and when they left, I wasnt surprised at all.

With Cook, I wasnt saying much about the $$$ angle all season, DESPITE rumors on every site, from people in the South Florida HS scene, that there was $$$ involved and that there HAS been with Cook even in HS. It wasnt until the bizarre Granny story, that it really became pretty hard for me to ignore all the huge red flags. Again, I have no proof, or inside info, but Ive seen this movie so many times, and this one has ALL the key ingredients. And its not to say that the kid may not genuinely want to leave So Fla, or that he really would come here if it wasnt for $$$. But my sense is that there are some offers being made, and/or solicited.

Well I never once claimed Burns or Carter were paid. Nor do I claim to have any "inside" info. I dont accuse every kid leaving So Fla of being paid. I never ONCE said BOO about Alex Collins, or Mattew Thomas, or Denver Kirkland last year. In fact, if you were around, you would remember I got HAMMERED most of the recruiting season when I kept saying that my sense was that those kids didnt want to be here, and when they left, I wasnt surprised at all.

With Cook, I wasnt saying much about the $$$ angle all season, DESPITE rumors on every site, from people in the South Florida HS scene, that there was $$$ involved and that there HAS been with Cook even in HS. It wasnt until the bizarre Granny story, that it really became pretty hard for me to ignore all the huge red flags. Again, I have no proof, or inside info, but Ive seen this movie so many times, and this one has ALL the key ingredients. And its not to say that the kid may not genuinely want to leave So Fla, or that he really would come here if it wasnt for $$$. But my sense is that there are some offers being made, and/or solicited.

Fair enough. Regarding Cook it wouldn't surprise me if he's being shopped. Usually when an entire family is invested in a decision like that something fishy is going on. But at the same time the fact that so many schools are involved kinda takes away from it. Usually when dudes are bought off they don't even mess around with multiple schools like that. It's usually some school that escapes logic for multiple reasons (suck history, in the middle of nowhere, unfavorable depth chart, etc.) that a recruit sticks to and has someone pushing him there (see Alex Collins) that sets off all kinds of red flags.

Timmy Jernigan's situation reminds me of that. Huge Gator fan growing up, family full of UF fans, had a favorable depth chart and had been to UF multiple times. Next thing you know his fam is decked out in FSU gear and he has a new whip.

Advertisement
Like I said awhile ago, If Cook comes to UM it will be like Patrick Johnson/peterson winding up at UM instead of Lsu. Dalvin will be a 1st-3rd round pick barring any injury no matter where he goes. Look at Whois STILL recruiting him. Thar will tell you right there.When's the last time Texas let a kid take an OV there from south Florida or went after a kid this hard from Miami. Kids going to be a superstar, hopefully it will be at UM.

I know another poster said Trich compared Sony And Dalvins talent level to that of Adrian Peterson coming out of high school and someone else. I know larry porter at Texas said the same thing.

Like I said awhile ago, If Cook comes to UM it will be like Patrick Johnson/peterson winding up at UM instead of Lsu. Dalvin will be a 1st-3rd round pick barring any injury no matter where he goes. Look at Whois STILL recruiting him. Thar will tell you right there.When's the last time Texas let a kid take an OV there from south Florida or went after a kid this hard from Miami. Kids going to be a superstar, hopefully it will be at UM.

I know another poster said Trich compared Sony And Dalvins talent level to that of Adrian Peterson coming out of high school and someone else. I know larry porter at Texas said the same thing.

roffle

on a positive note, teammate :

SFHS Sports ‏@SFHSSports 1m
Miami Central OL Trevor Darling says he plans to be enrolled at Miami by January 8th.

Advertisement
Ya, Texas and Arkansas as well.

Wonder how that fits in with the people saying he's taking them duffle bags? If so he's already taken them from Clemson, UF, and now FSU with visits lined up to schools all over the country. This recruitment is gonna be a classic.

Yeah because they give out duffel bags for "visiting" schools.

Wonder if Granny is going to make the trip to Baton Rouge.

I'm just saying. All these schools are powerhouses and have played that game before. You really think three schools would have already dropped off the duffle bags? What's he doing taking benefits and switching up his commitment to get more? See how ridiculous it is? That was the claim on here all while he was committed to Clemson. Bottom line is it escapes logic.

It doesnt escape logic at all. Clemson is a HUGE red flag. I mean that has become a running joke for years now. How many more pictures of kids flashing wads of Cash on CLemson visits do we need to see??? Again, its not the "duffel bag" but I would venture he may have gotten a nice hand off at Clemson. Maybe he later decided he liked UF better. Then things fell apart, and Granny has been asking for whose going to make it most worth their while. We KNOW Miami cant play that game right now, and lo and behold, Granny wants nothing to do with Miami. Now L$U of all schools, comes into the picture out of no where, and off he goes to Baton Rouge. L$$$U. LOL. Again, its not proof of anything, but I totally disagree with you on it "escapes logic". On the contrary, it reads PERFECTLY like a bidding war actually.

I think you're on to something.
LOL at the gayyturd and fake Cane fan denying this **** happens.

SFHS Sports ‏@SFHSSports 12m
Texas HC Mack Brown has arrived at Miami Central practice to see Dalvin Cook

:ibisroflmao:
Taggert said Cook is going to get on his bus
223.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe 4m
Mack Brown has had active discussions with Texas officials about his intention to resign

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe 3m
There is a good chance Mack Brown's resignation will become official later this week.

whatta dbag this viejo is. Recruiting a kid to come play for him while he has a foot out the door. Probably just doing this to put pressure on Texas to not negotiate his buyout….

Poor Mack.

His last act as Texas head coach? A futile in-home to recruit a kid from the hood in miami who has no interest in Texas and who's grandma is on the take.

Advertisement
Back