Cook on Miami, playing with Yearby

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Ironically enough, Cook showed up at the NFTC wearing a Miami Hurricanes hoodie, despite his pledge to Clemson. The hometown school also recently landed the commitment of Cook’s backfield mate Joseph Yearby. Cook admits the two teammates have discussed taking their talents to the same college.

“We’ve been talking about playing with each other for a long time, so I guess the time is coming, I don’t know,” Cook said of Yearby. “The [Miami] program could be a significant [program] if they get the guys, the talent they need in south Florida. It’s a great move for Yearby to do that. We’ve talked about it. Miami is a great place right now.”

Best not be trollin Dalvin

Advertisement
Unless both Yearby and Cook are lying (possible) and secretly hate each other, maybe they really wouldn't mind playing with each other?

Advertisement
Depending on who interviewed him, he was probably just telling the interviewer what he/fans wanted to hear.

96.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ironically enough, Cook showed up at the NFTC wearing a Miami Hurricanes hoodie, despite his pledge to Clemson. The hometown school also recently landed the commitment of Cook’s backfield mate Joseph Yearby. Cook admits the two teammates have discussed taking their talents to the same college.

“We’ve been talking about playing with each other for a long time, so I guess the time is coming, I don’t know,” Cook said of Yearby. “The [Miami] program could be a significant [program] if they get the guys, the talent they need in south Florida. It’s a great move for Yearby to do that. We’ve talked about it. Miami is a great place right now.”

At one time I know for a fact that Cook was thinking about leaving Miami Central for Miami Norland (to take over where Duke left off), because he wanted the ball more...

But for whatever reason, he stuck with Central, even though it kinda made sense for him to go be the feature back somewhere else, because he has that kind of talent. So, maybe someone at Central sold the guy on RB by committee...

Everyone seems to think he has a problem with the thought of sharing carries with Yearby, but if he did, he would have left Central.

The wild card in Cook's case is what Sony is going to do, IMO. FWIW, in any other year, I would have loved to have Cook & Sony.

But...beacuse we have Duke and Elder (speed backs), I don't have a problem with Yearby & Sony (durable backs)

Last edited:
Its not a long shot to land Cook IMO. I guess everyone is forgetting that this kid is a bad *** DB as well.. Just saying,, I love recruiting.

Advertisement

At one time I know for a fact that Cook was thinking about leaving Miami Central for Miami Norland (to take over where Duke left off), because he wanted the ball more...

But for whatever reason, he stuck with Central, even though it kinda made sense for him to go be the feature back somewhere else, because he has that kind of talent. So, maybe someone at Central sold the guy on RB by committee...

Everyone seems to think he has a problem with the thought of sharing carries with Yearby, but if he did, he would have left Central.

The wild card in Cook's case is what Sony is going to do, IMO. FWIW, in any other year, I would have loved to have Cook & Sony.

But...beacuse we have Duke and Elder (speed backs), I don't have a problem with Yearby & Sony (durable backs)

Do not sell Yearby short. He is better than Cook, and more of what we need.

AndHereWeGo.gif

I'm saying Yearby and Sony would be ideal, based on our current roster

Advertisement
Back