Construction on New Football Facility

Advertisement
It's all good. Just went to an Atlanta Alumni Association event last week, spoke with Pat Whitely who is the VP of Student Affairs. Before that, she was the Director of Housing (back when I was a wee undergrad).

The were supposed to demolish Stanford first, but then they flip-flopped and did Hecht first. So now there is very little land on which to stage construction.

Complicated stuff. Even though the Towers are going away, the campus (generally) is getting taller. Everything is capped out at 7 stories, though. But we are going to have a LOT of 7-story buildings eventually.

EDIT: People have to realize, the dorms are REVENUE buildings. The dorms will pay for themselves over and over and over again. And those dorms need PARKING, which is approximately half of what will be built in front of the Wellness Center.
So, several months ago I conveyed to the board what I heard from folks who work for or are on the board for the Wellness Center and you pooh-poohed it despite the fact that I was merely a messenger. You then ran around chiding me for what was accurate information. So I guess what was conveyed to me was correct, huh?

Advertisement
Should break ground this summer. Not a money issue.
1710275713555.png

Count De Monet

So, several months ago I conveyed to the board what I heard from folks who work for or are on the board for the Wellness Center and you pooh-poohed it despite the fact that I was merely a messenger. You then ran around chiding me for what was accurate information. So I guess what was conveyed to me was correct, huh?

He is our resident "fake insider"...............

Advertisement
It's all good. Just went to an Atlanta Alumni Association event last week, spoke with Pat Whitely who is the VP of Student Affairs. Before that, she was the Director of Housing (back when I was a wee undergrad).

The were supposed to demolish Stanford first, but then they flip-flopped and did Hecht first. So now there is very little land on which to stage construction.

Complicated stuff. Even though the Towers are going away, the campus (generally) is getting taller. Everything is capped out at 7 stories, though. But we are going to have a LOT of 7-story buildings eventually.

EDIT: People have to realize, the dorms are REVENUE buildings. The dorms will pay for themselves over and over and over again. And those dorms need PARKING, which is approximately half of what will be built in front of the Wellness Center.
Did she ask you to solve the law school problems.... asking for a friend...

Advertisement

I would suspect they may have to stage on the IM Fields, which will be a mess.

Nobody knows what in the **** you are talking about. The level to which I remember anything that "AlexCane" says is negligible.

Keep nursing those grudges and your chafed ******.

Are you angry because I rebutted the false rumor of "Miami doesn't have money, we have redirected all the funds to NIL"?

Are you ******* kidding me?

Oh, but you have sources "on the board for the Wellness Center". Yeah? I've got sources I've known for over 35 years who work for UM in higher capacities than "board for the Wellness Center".

The next time I remember who "AlexCane" is...will be the first time.

I would suspect they may have to stage on the IM Fields, which will be a mess.

But where will they hold Quidditch matches?

Yeah, UM has done some interesting stuff over the years. Not sure if you remember the modulars that they built for all the weights and workout equipment during the construction of the newer Wellness Center (when they replaced the old CSR).

The reality that I've encountered over the last few decades is that UM frequently changes its plans, whether it is due to student complaints or a "better idea". We've certainly come a long way from the days when Luis Glaser used to crap on every good idea we came up with in Student Government (parking garages, better lighting, a pedestrian bridge over US 1, etc.).

But we still have to deal with Coral Gables, limited space, and undergrads who whine a lot more than they used to.

Advertisement
Did she ask you to solve the law school problems.... asking for a friend...

We spoke about an issue related to law school alums, but not the law school itself.

The new role she has been given involves alumni involvement.

I did not realize that UM has only ever had 2 VPs of Student Affairs, Dr. Butler and Pat Whitely. ****.

Nobody knows what in the **** you are talking about. The level to which I remember anything that "AlexCane" says is negligible.

Keep nursing those grudges and your chafed ******.

Are you angry because I rebutted the false rumor of "Miami doesn't have money, we have redirected all the funds to NIL"?

Are you ******* kidding me?

Oh, but you have sources "on the board for the Wellness Center". Yeah? I've got sources I've known for over 35 years who work for UM in higher capacities than "board for the Wellness Center".

The next time I remember who "AlexCane" is...will be the first time.
I didn't expect you to care or remember. (I did, of course, expect a whole lot of words in response. To be quite honest, I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get several paragraphs.) But, anyways, I did want everyone to know that since you run around this board like its your fiefdom, that you were wrong and aren't an insider by any means, despite what you try and convey.

Advertisement
We spoke about an issue related to law school alums, but not the law school itself.

The new role she has been given involves alumni involvement.

I did not realize that UM has only ever had 2 VPs of Student Affairs, Dr. Butler and Pat Whitely. ****.
✅ - Thanks, I will not drag us into that rabbit hole in this thread...

Advertisement
Back