Construction on New Football Facility

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I forgot what podcast I was listening to..but, supposedly money IS an issue now...We're supposedly still upgrading/building new facilities, but it won't be as luxurious as originally planned.
i believe Jay or someone else already said that it wont be what was proposed and sent out publicly and theyre not even incluidng those renderings in recruiting pitches anymore. it is basically just some slight upgrades to the existing stuff but not what was proposed as they couldnt secure the money.

I forgot what podcast I was listening to..but, supposedly money IS an issue now...We're supposedly still upgrading/building new facilities, but it won't be as luxurious as originally planned.

Nah, "money" is not the issue. When we build, it will be as palatial as anything else that Miami builds these days.

The issues are twofold. The FAR bigger issue is the decades-old battle to get modern high-rise construction done in Coral Gables on a timely basis. YES, it has been approved, but that doesn't change the fact that ALL of the current demolition/construction (SRC, new dorms, IPF, parking garage, football HQ) is taking place in a narrow corridor along both sides OF A CANAL. So there are a lot of slowdowns in assessing the underlying surface, and whether there is any shifting of land as we put more weight on either side of the canal.

In rough order, I am hearing that Stanford demolition and IPF expansion will happen most quickly, followed by the construction of the newest phase of the dorms plus the parking garage, with the Football HQ coming last.

Purely from a cash-flow standpoint, they ARE encouraging some donors to re-channel some pledges towards NIL and similar-type funding. The belief is that (a) if we have a good year, it helps PERCEPTION (and possibly timing and "full-share" vs. "partial-share") on P2 membership, (b) once football players are salaried, the Collective NIL deals go away, and (c) annual donations are eternal, thus we can tap a couple of these donors for Football HQ money in 2025 or 2026, rather than to let the 2024 donations sit in the bank earning 2%.

Advertisement
Another podcast claiming Miami is broke.

page forums GIF

Advertisement
Back