Construction has started for the IPF

Advertisement
latest

But I thought the construction experts said it would take weeks or even longer and that the groundbreaking was just a dog & pony show?

I'd feel much better if we could get a photograph of nine guys leaning on bowed shovel handles, watching one guy actually working, with the foreman in the background sipping coffee out of his truck.

Advertisement
I'd feel much better if we could get a photograph of nine guys leaning on bowed shovel handles, watching one guy actually working, with the foreman in the background sipping coffee out of his truck.

You can take that picture in any one of a thousand locations in Dade County on any given day. That doesn't make me feel better. I will feel better when I see a cement foundation and four walls. Only then will I actually believe that a South Florida construction crew has accomplished anything of value.

This isn't happening, and I refuse to get excited about it until I see the full erection. Nothing's ever been built in South Florida.

This isn't happening, and I refuse to get excited about it until I see the full erection. Nothing's ever been built in South Florida.

Yep. If going to UM for 10 years taught me nothing else, I don't believe in a new building until I can open the door and feel a blast of air conditioning. I still remember the groundbreaking for the Ryder Center.

Advertisement

Yep. If going to UM for 10 years taught me nothing else, I don't believe in a new building until I can open the door and feel a blast of air conditioning. I still remember the groundbreaking for the Ryder Center.

Don Soffer, yes that Don Soffer, will go there and build it himself if he has to do so.

Don Soffer, yes that Don Soffer, will go there and build it himself if he has to do so.

I'll be right there with him pick axe to pick axe.

We can get it done! We can get it done! What's more we've got to get it done!

I'll be right there with him pick axe to pick axe.

We can get it done! We can get it done! What's more we've got to get it done!

If need be, it will look like a giant Habitat for Humanity project.

Fair enough, I have just not previously seen any donors picking up a shovel to speed along construction progress ever before.

It might happen. I'm just trying to judge with the accumulated evidence of watching Dade County construction projects over the past 30 years.

Rooting for the best. Waiting for the roof to be installed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hopefully they bury Shalala in the foundation wearing a Trump hat.

**** bury at there too but then maybe it will curse us so not a good idea......shell prolly come back from the dead n charge players entering like the troll under a bridge

Advertisement
Back