Consigliere

We lost our entire 2019 recruiting class (including one 5 star) over this bull**** FBI business. Meanwhile, all of the programs that actually had someone arrested are humming along again, pulling in top-ranked classes as if nothing ever happened.

When are we going to call the NCAA what it really is: an ongoing fraudulent criminal enterprise, and sue them for violations of civil RICO statutes?
Coach L who as decent a person as there is got completely hosed with this garbage that we had nothing to do with. Unfortunately, won't be very good next year, unless we get some **** good grad transfers. like 3 of them.

Advertisement
Next year we'll be as thin as this year...

Backcourt
Lykes
DJ
Mack
McGusty
Wong

Frontcourt
Miller
Waardenburg
Gak
Walker

That's more bodies, but fewer that are ACC caliber contributors. Losing Amp, Zach, and Izundu (and Dewan...) and replacing them with guys who probably can't be relied on to play productive minutes. Miller? Gak? Two freshmen? Geesh. At least McGusty should be able to play. We need multiple transfers who can play right away. If not, we'll be worse next year if that's even possible.

Well, we brought in Larkin (signed with DePaul), Kadji (xsfer from UF) and McKinney-Jones (xsfer from UMKC) so ... it can be done.

Coach L who as decent a person as there is got completely hosed with this garbage that we had nothing to do with. Unfortunately, won't be very good next year, unless we get some **** good grad transfers. like 3 of them.

i wouldn't say nothing to do with. I've seen some of the stuff (long story) and hes not as innocent as his whole denial would lead you to believe. it just wasn't enough to get us in trouble with the DOJ though

i wouldn't say nothing to do with. I've seen some of the stuff (long story) and hes not as innocent as his whole denial would lead you to believe. it just wasn't enough to get us in trouble with the DOJ though
No what he was accused of was COMPLETELY FALSE.

Advertisement
He had no idea at all. The whole thing was BS and will set the program back for a couple of years at least. Coach L is the last person n the world that would have been involved with something like that.

He had no idea at all. The whole thing was BS and will set the program back for a couple of years at least. Coach L is the last person n the world that would have been involved with something like that.
Don't think he's talking about Coach L. Think he's referring to Dewan. The kid should've known better than to even say hello to an agent, no less get into some detailed discussion with the agent's "runner."

Don't know if you believe Dawkins AT ALL. Seems the NCAA did for the purpose of busting Dewan. In the 2 (or more) texts/calls/transcripts Dawkins clearly says Coach ( 3 = L) "knows" (of the planned or proposed set up). There are phone records showing at least 2 contacts to Coach L's phone. Explanations were given that something "else" was being discussed regarding Adidas and Dewan and Nasir's injury. Maybe true, no way to prove*

*The threshold of evidence is critical and fleeting. DOJ and a trial or a plea bargain is different than what the NCAA or Compliance Dept might require. Recruits don't even like the "appearance" of impropriety so that hurt big. We at C.I.S> generally think there is no proof of anything. Depends what you call proof and circumstantial this and that and reasonable expectations.

Advertisement
With "all the big guys" presumably doing it, I have no personal negative opinion about Coach L getting involved, IF it were true. I don't know if it is or not. Not sure my ethical side would stand the scrutiny here, but I'm more ****ed about getting caught (and punished or sanctioned or otherwise held accountable) while others don't.

jkdood, I thought all that "Coach 3 (Larranaga)" FBI stuff was about dealings with Nassir Little, not about Hernandez at all.

jkdood, I thought all that "Coach 3 (Larranaga)" FBI stuff was about dealings with Nassir Little, not about Hernandez at all.
in the "explanations" about the 2 documented phone call records, Coach L's legal team said the subject of one of those calls was Dewan's attendance at an upcoming Adidas event. That's all I meant.
(edit: probably not "great" that Coach L admits discussing Adidas and Dewan with Dawkins, but could be as innocent as they say it is.)

Advertisement
Back