2023 Connor Lew: COMMITS! (Flips to Auburn 12/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auburn is a dumpster fire. Whole program is a mess. Cadillac is a super cool guy but won’t be their head coach. Now if they go hire lane and do it before ESD then things will get interesting with them recruiting wise.

They were smart to fire their coach early and get their search started. How quickly they fill that spot will dictate how they recruit. Not a lot of time to flip new kids for whoever the new coach is. I would assume they announce the new coach within a week of the season finishing. Problem is lane is playing for a big bowl so if it’s him or another college coach then they won’t be available till early December.

If this kid flips then sucks but we got Tripp as a center as well. I want lew kid has the makings of being a very good center, dad loves Miami, family seems to love Miami and if Mario can’t close then we got massive problems.

The team needs to beat a ****** ga tech team today. Is lew going to be at that game?

It’s silly season. As I posted in another thread buckle up with NiL ***** going to be extra crazy this year, then add in the portal….college football off season will start to become more entertaining than the season. Will be so much news and movement with kids
He definitely won't be their head coach but he probably has the best shot (also Etheridge) of being retained. The pitch won't be play for him necessarily but instead come play for Auburn. Let me be clear. I'm not saying the kid flips. I'm simply saying to those that were blowing off that update as being pathetic because on the surface it does sound pathetic, to not blow off that update completely. No doubt the dad is a huge Canes fan. With that said, Mario needs to lock in on this one.

Advertisement
I keep hearing Lane to auburn talk and if you’re auburn, that’s a good choice. But why would lane go there? Is auburn THAT much of a better job than ole miss? I don’t think so and lane’s stock is really high. I think lane can do better but the problem is which other job is open?

If lane says no, auburn should quickly pívot to Deion. Slam dunk hire imo and I never thought I’d say that.

What say you, @CANE1775 ?

He definitely won't be their head coach but he probably has the best shot (also Etheridge) of being retained. The pitch won't be play for him necessarily but instead come play for Auburn. Let me be clear. I'm not saying the kid flips. I'm simply saying to those that were blowing off that update as being pathetic because on the surface it does sound pathetic, to not blow off that update completely. No doubt the dad is a huge Canes fan. With that said, Mario needs to lock in on this one.

Boosters about to be handing out some money for recruits to salvage the class.

I keep hearing Lane to auburn talk and if you’re auburn, that’s a good choice. But why would lane go there? Is auburn THAT much of a better job than ole miss? I don’t think so and lane’s stock is really high. I think lane can do better but the problem is which other job is open?

If lane says no, auburn should quickly pívot to Deion. Slam dunk hire imo and I never thought I’d say that.

Yes auburn is waaaaay better of a job.

Auburn you can win a championship. Ole miss not going to happen. It’s an arms race and ole miss doesn’t have the money auburn does.

Auburn boosters are lunatics for good and bad most times but they spend. Lane would get whatever he needs to land recruits, facilities etc… Auburn is better positioned for recruiting as well being so close to Atlanta.

Not sure lane takes it. It’s going to be really interesting to see what auburn does but paying 8-10 million a year for a coach is no problem for them

Boosters about to be handing out some money for recruits to salvage the class.

Boosters about to be handing money out to recruits in HOPES of getting them to commit, but since it's the old school non-compliant way, kids will take the money on the visit and still go elsewhere.

Advertisement
Yes auburn is waaaaay better of a job.

Auburn you can win a championship. Ole miss not going to happen. It’s an arms race and ole miss doesn’t have the money auburn does.

Auburn boosters are lunatics for good and bad most times but they spend. Lane would get whatever he needs to land recruits, facilities etc… Auburn is better positioned for recruiting as well being so close to Atlanta.

Not sure lane takes it. It’s going to be really interesting to see what auburn does but paying 8-10 million a year for a coach is no problem for them

Does it have that much more money? I don’t know. Fwiw, ole miss just launched a $350m facilities campaign so it looks like they are committed to spending.

Apparently Lane is the number one target. We shall see. AU is definitely a better job than the Miss schools imo. More resources. Plus apparently there's some law in Mississippi where coaching contracts can't extend beyond 4 years. Sounds weird but apparently that's the word.

Want more proof that this world is going to ****? You will have a huge amount of Auburn people actually rooting for Alabama today. LOL

Edit: I'd also like to comment on your comment about Lane and another job (and one reason I'm leery). If a better job comes open, his *** will bolt. Hopefully the new Auburn AD helps negotiate better contract terms than the previous folks have. For me, I say go after Hugh Freeze. I think he's a better fit for Auburn. Plus, I have someone that can handle all of his phone calls for him. LOL

Does it have that much more money? I don’t know. Fwiw, ole miss just launched a $350m facilities campaign so it looks like they are committed to spending.

They are trying to spend. It’s a campaign. Probably would take years to get that money. Ole miss has money but not auburn money. Look what auburn is paying yearly just for fired coaches haha.

Auburn has deep pockets, an alumni base obsessed with beating Bama, will do anything and everything it takes to win.

Apparently Lane is the number one target. We shall see. AU is definitely a better job than the Miss schools imo. More resources. Plus apparently there's some law in Mississippi where coaching contracts can't extend beyond 4 years. Sounds weird but apparently that's the word.

Want more proof that this world is going to ****? You will have a huge amount of Auburn people actually rooting for Alabama today. LOL

Well, once lane leaves (he will eventually), ole miss should hire Deion. Jmo

Advertisement
Check my edit. If he goes to Auburn and has success, he'll leave Auburn too.

Deion at Ole Miss seems like a nice move except I'm not sure the money folks at Ole Miss see it that way.

Oh I agree. Auburn definitely isn’t a final destination kind of place for lane. Not sure if his final desired destination is even in college, tbh.

Oh I agree. Auburn definitely isn’t a final destination kind of place for lane. Not sure if his final desired destination is even in college, tbh.

His final destination is a beach house with young blonde girls everywhere around him. Therefor it’s Miami or Cali ultimately for where he probably wants to end up.

Advertisement
Advertisement

What makes people think Auburn is a better job than ole miss, like I'm curious

What makes people think Auburn is a better job than ole miss, like I'm curious

From a football pov, I don’t see one but the overall sentiment is that the money and support is there with auburn by a wide margin

From a football pov, I don’t see one but the overall sentiment is that the money and support is there with auburn by a wide margin
Oh ok like boosters type of support, I mean yea but ole miss has NIL money now also because of lane. I think big question would he want to leave a top 12 program to try and rebuild a program that has to deal with a in state nick Saban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back