Connection Re-Established

UknowWhat

Senior
If there is one thing I have learned in this recruiting process, it would be the importance of an established line of communication between athlete and staff. From initial contact until NSD. Nothing else will be effective if there is not a good channel of communication established. Coach Barrow was Shaq's channel and his departure was a blow. However Shaq committed to the University of Miami not to Coach Barrow (http://miami.247sports.com/Article/2016-LB-Shaquille-Quarterman-Chose-UM-Not-Micheal-Barrow-30013656), but again Coach Barrow was our channel. UGA linebacker coach was our channel and he left and went back to the NFL that channel was broken and when the new coach came in the connection was not as solid...and eventually pushed UGA out of contention... I didn't want the same thing to happen at Miami. Well yesterday Shaq and I talked with coach Brown for the first time and I'm pleased to say that our connection has been re-established and if anything the connection is stronger... We found that we had somethings in common...He is from Brevard County, my family is from Brevard County we know some of the same people, but more importantly.. he is excited about Shaq... He is excited about being back on his side of the ball and he excited about bringing The U back to glory...we are excited to be on board. #CAN'TWAIT

Advertisement
Glad to hear it man, Hurlie's a good dude popular with all the recruits. Probably the best addition Golden has made to the staff.

Can't wait to see your son line up for us

I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't a 4yr starter for us before he heads to the league like DP

Advertisement
Good to hear the staff is hard at work after all the changes. Goes to show how resilient the staff is. #renewed is no joke.

Advertisement
Shaq now has the great opportunity to work out with guys like Jon Beason, Denzel Perryman, Colin Mccarthy whenever he wants to and pick the brains of current nfl linebackers.

Doesn't happen at all schools...keep the connection strong..update the how the season is going. I saw his boy Darrion Owens in the spri ng and he looks ready to PLAY right now....I expect the same from Quarterman.

If there is one thing I have learned in this recruiting process, it would be the importance of an established line of communication between athlete and staff. From initial contact until NSD. Nothing else will be effective if there is not a good channel of communication established. Coach Barrow was Shaq's channel and his departure was a blow. However Shaq committed to the University of Miami not to Coach Barrow (http://miami.247sports.com/Article/2016-LB-Shaquille-Quarterman-Chose-UM-Not-Micheal-Barrow-30013656), but again Coach Barrow was our channel. UGA linebacker coach was our channel and he left and went back to the NFL that channel was broken and when the new coach came in the connection was not as solid...and eventually pushed UGA out of contention... I didn't want the same thing to happen at Miami. Well yesterday Shaq and I talked with coach Brown for the first time and I'm pleased to say that our connection has been re-established and if anything the connection is stronger... We found that we had somethings in common...He is from Brevard County, my family is from Brevard County we know some of the same people, but more importantly.. he is excited about Shaq... He is excited about being back on his side of the ball and he excited about bringing The U back to glory...we are excited to be on board. #CAN'TWAIT

very glad to hear. We appreciate everything you have brought to this website and The U family!

Thank you for the info, REALLY looking forward to seeing your son play for the U!

Advertisement
44.gif

Advertisement
I love this guy!!!!!!!! Represents the great parents that raise great Hurricanes and really helps lead Shaq into the right direction while finding a coach that's somebody that'll look after his soon so I love this it makes me proud to be a Hurricane!!!

Advertisement
Back