Congratulations to Michael Redding

Advertisement
Advertisement
There's no way he transfers when the semester's over now, right?

Look, I ain't gonna get mad at you, but I suspected that a question like this would be asked at some point. That's not a criticism, it's just sad to think that such a question will be posed. Again, not mad at you.

Iron Arrow is an honor society. It's not an award. Among the primary criteria are leadership and love of UM. People are nominated (in secrecy) by one or more members of Iron Arrow. The nomination of each person can take quite some time, as the presenter needs to cite specific examples that meet each of the five criteria for members. One negative vote will prevent a person's selection.

So, yeah, I would tend to believe that Michael Redding is pretty happy at UM, and will not go elsewhere. I realize this is a sports board, but there are elements in life that can surpass sports.

Michael Redding has a promising future, with or without on-field football success.

Attachments

• IMG_1581.jpeg
    IMG_1581.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Here’s a guy who never complained about chit. Sometimes we get too caught up on the athlete part & forget the student part. Again, this goes back to my love hate on the Transfer Portal, or how the lack of value placed on education is a new phenomenon.

Mike most likely won’t make it at the next level in sports, but he’s going to make it at the next in life, using the privilege of a free ride to further his education. Congrats to him.
Is there a proven correlation between transfer students and academic progress/prowess? I imagine what you infer in the first paragraph is correct, but it also could just be speculation. I believe there are likely to be high achieving scholars that also transfer for athletic purposes.

Advertisement
Look, I ain't gonna get mad at you, but I suspected that a question like this would be asked at some point. That's not a criticism, it's just sad to think that such a question will be posed. Again, not mad at you.

Iron Arrow is an honor society. It's not an award. Among the primary criteria are leadership and love of UM. People are nominated (in secrecy) by one or more members of Iron Arrow. The nomination of each person can take quite some time, as the presenter needs to cite specific examples that meet each of the five criteria for members. One negative vote will prevent a person's selection.

So, yeah, I would tend to believe that Michael Redding is pretty happy at UM, and will not go elsewhere. I realize this is a sports board, but there are elements in life that can surpass sports.

Michael Redding has a promising future, with or without on-field football success.
**** it get mad at him. He says idiotic things all the time.

Is there a proven correlation between transfer students and academic progress/prowess? I imagine what you infer in the first paragraph is correct, but it also could just be speculation. I believe there are likely to be high achieving scholars that also transfer for athletic purposes.

Do u know how many transfers actually don’t find a new school vs. actually finding a new school? It’s quite remarkable, actually.

Last edited:
Advertisement

he has done more than 99.9% of ALL students in order to be tapped in. you are correct here and its the highest honor at UM.

Advertisement
Here’s a guy who never complained about chit. Sometimes we get too caught up on the athlete part & forget the student part. Again, this goes back to my love hate on the Transfer Portal, or how the lack of value placed on education is a new phenomenon.

Mike most likely won’t make it at the next level in sports, but he’s going to make it at the next in life, using the privilege of a free ride to further his education. Congrats to him.
agreed. but feel compelled to respond about the privilege part. there is no privilege here. the man worked for and sacrificed for what he has achieved. he's a winner!

great response. i don't see him being pushed out by Mario, for the reasons stated above.

certain porsters are obtuse beyond repair

agreed. but feel compelled to respond about the privilege part. there is no privilege here. the man worked for and sacrificed for what he has achieved. he's a winner!

It is absolutely a privilege to receive a free ride to an academic institution based upon sports. Every college student would love to get a free ride vs. being saddled w/ endless debt from tuition, r u kidding me? Lol

A lot of young men, in particular, don’t see the true value of what a scholarship means. ****, many fans of these programs don’t even see the value, which is why ppl r saying players need to be paid like employees. A scholarship has been diminished both academically & monetarily, & many kids trick off that free ride by doing a lot of dumb chit.

I’m being very complimentary of a guy who came in as a blue chip recruit, haven’t received the playing time he was probably promised during his recruitment; yet, he’s kept his head down, been nothing but a model teammate not complaining, not threatening to leave, and used this opportunity to further his education b/c at the end of the day, he’s a student. I applaud young men who realize opportunities arise more than just sports when u enter into an academic institution.

It is absolutely a privilege to receive a free ride to an academic institution based upon sports. Every college student would love to get a free ride vs. being saddled w/ endless debt from tuition, r u kidding me? Lol

A lot of young men, in particular, don’t see the true value of what a scholarship means. ****, many fans of these programs don’t even see the value, which is why ppl r saying players need to be paid like employees. A scholarship has been diminished both academically & monetarily, & many kids trick off that free ride by doing a lot of dumb chit.

I’m being very complimentary of a guy who came in as a blue chip recruit, haven’t received the playing time he was probably promised during his recruitment; yet, he’s kept his head down, been nothing but a model teammate not complaining, not threatening to leave, and used this opportunity to further his education b/c at the end of the day, he’s a student. I applaud young men who realize opportunities arise more than just sports when u enter into an academic institution.
privilege - a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group.

in today's context, it is used to infer that the person receiving the benefit has not earned what he has, which isn't the case. here. semantics.

anyways, he's earned what he has received. and congratulations to him.

Advertisement
Back