Congratulations to Michael Redding

TheOriginalCane

So say good night to the bad guy!
Premium
Highest Honor Attainable at UM

1712253111811.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Here’s a guy who never complained about chit. Sometimes we get too caught up on the athlete part & forget the student part. Again, this goes back to my love hate on the Transfer Portal, or how the lack of value placed on education is a new phenomenon.

Mike most likely won’t make it at the next level in sports, but he’s going to make it at the next in life, using the privilege of a free ride to further his education. Congrats to him.

Here’s a guy who never complained about chit. Sometimes we get too caught up on the athlete part & forget the student part. Again, this goes back to my love hate on the Transfer Portal, or how the lack of value placed on education is a new phenomenon.

Mike most likely won’t make it at the next level in sports, but he’s going to make it at the next in life, using the privilege of a free ride to further his education. Congrats to him.
Proud The Karate Kid GIF

Advertisement
We basically got the same production out of him on the same field as Frank Ladson.

Good practice / weight room guy and good student athlete that contributed a little bit that ends up an Iron Arrow recipient? Would probably take a guy like that every year and be just ok.

shouts to Mike Redding.

Advertisement
Listen we are here acknowledging a **** of an accomplishment by him and you want to be a ****head and say this? Save it for another thread.
Congrats to Redding sure and it's not that I want him to transfer. He's been recognized for the off-field work he does (can't exactly remember the capacity but I know he's out there helping people). However, it's hard to imagine someone could win this award and decide to attend school elsewhere a few weeks later. Pretty sure that Mario and staff want him back but I could be wrong about that.

Absolutely. Great representative of the U by all accounts.

CIS will be pushing him out in 2 weeks …. All Manny guys are problems doh…

Advertisement

That's the crappy part of the portal. Guys that are apparently mature, intelligent, hard working types that are better in the locker room than they are on the field are on the chopping block, despite the fact that every team needs steady guys like this to serve as an example for the younger players.

Problems, no. All, no. MOST Manny guys are/were total underachievers.
I'm gonna sit out the rest of this thread. Still licking my wounds from the other thread...

Advertisement
Back