Congrats to Major 9 Chad Thomas!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I knew Chad would be our first guy off the board. Congrats to him. He'll be a solid pro.

As for the genius move of leaving early to be a third day pick, I hope some CIS porsters remember this thread when we're having this same argument next year. I know somehow, the players won't bother learning from this though.

You can't force me to root for the browns.

I’m rooting for their second contracts. That’s when they get PAID, except for Njoku who’ll get paid again.

But congrats to Chad, 3rd round is nothing to sneeze at. He’ll make the roster and hopefully stay healthy for that much fatter 2nd contract.

Last edited:
Congrats to Thomas.

Not surprised that he was the first one picked.

I remember that we recruited the DT, Senat during the Golden years. Don't think we offered him. Unfortunate.

Advertisement
"He said Richt, defensive coordinator Manny Diaz and defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski — during their meeting with the McIntoshes on Saturday — said they were told he would likely be a third- or fourth-round pick, but that agents told the McIntosh family that he would be picked “late first or no later than the third round.” "
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article193716319.html

There is one easy way to see if the agent saying this stuff really believes it. Before signing have them put in the contract what round they say you will go and then if you go later they have to make up the difference in contract money. You can bet those "You will go in the 1st round" claims will soften up a lot right then.

Great for him getting picked up in the 3rd...really wish the Browns weren't such a dumpster fire. Just when I thought they were learning from the previous 10+ years of mistakes, they go and draft baker 1st overall...
They won't be for long. They have a lot of talent and now have a real QB of the future.

Browns doing Canes Family a solid. Now, put a cherry on top with a few more Canes and U good!!!

Congrats Chad!!!! Well deserved.

Advertisement
Opposite of Myles G, he could get a lot of sacks. Congratulations to the young man, good luck.

Semper Canes!!!

This is why its almost always in player's best interest to come back for their senior seasons, unless they are surefire first round picks.

Had Chad Thomas left last year he probably would've been a 6th-7th round pick. He made himself a lot of money by wisely choosing to stay, build up his film and improve his craft. I suspect Michael Jackson will do the same next year.

Let's hope more of our guys start looking to Chad, Michael Jackson and Stacy Coley as examples as opposed to the Kaaya's, Yearby's and McIntoshes. I'm looking at you Mike Pinckney.

Advertisement
Back